• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Anyone use Gamecenter LIVE on Xbox One? I bought a subscription last night and the damn games are doing that stuttering thing because it's not giving a genuine 100% direct stream of the game. Sometimes it would smooth out and feel like I was watching live TV, but then it would kick out of it and stutter.

I had the same issues with this last year on the Xbox 360 and ended up cancelling my service with it, they gave me full refund.

Now it's happening again with Xbox One. Is this an app issue or is it my internet connection? I have 25mb internet speed, more than enough to stream in HD.

:(

I'm just curious why you're so upset with Bernier starting today?

As long as he's healthy he's most likely going to get around 60 games this year with Reimer getting 20ish.

I love Reimer but Bernier is the better goalie out of these two.

I think Reimer still has a lot to learn and will eventually turn into a number 1 goalie. Bernier will be a good goalie, but I don't see him as being a number 1 in the league.

If they limit Reimer to 20 games then they're missing out on his potential, they need to groom and get him a different goalie coach. If anything they need to let them equal out in games this season, but if they limit one then they're going to find themselves losing Reimer.

Stasis

How's Delzaster looked, outside of his poor +/- ?

The superb turnover machine we loved to hate, or has he... turned it around? Pun intended.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, it's official, and bullshit.

I know he's starting tomorrow but they better not shaft Reimer again this season.

I think Reimer still has a lot to learn and will eventually turn into a number 1 goalie. Bernier will be a good goalie, but I don't see him as being a number 1 in the league.

If they limit Reimer to 20 games then they're missing out on his potential, they need to groom and get him a different goalie coach. If anything they need to let them equal out in games this season, but if they limit one then they're going to find themselves losing Reimer.
Who was the better goalie last season? Who did the Leafs play better in front of?

Who was the better goalie last season? Who did the Leafs play better in front of?

The Leafs played the same in front of both goalies. Its just Bernier played better pre Olympics.

Personally I would have liked to see Reimer tonight and Bernier tomorrow. Reimer has been a rock against Pittsburgh.

Oh and Percy is sitting tonight. Hahahahaha. Oh Randy.

Parch

So, is George Strombo now doing Hockey Night in Canada? Heard that yesterday from a friend.
Those roundtable discussions with 3 players have been pretty good. I hope they continue doing those.

Gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with the SN coverage so far. Last year we got 2 games on a Saturday, sometimes 3, today we get 7.

TUSR

Banned
Washington fans, what the fuck is going on with Mike Green?

I need to know if I should put him on IR on my Fantasy team.

Quick

Banned

Reimer's already on his second goalie coach.

I like Reimer, but it's also about time either one of them take the #1 position, and Bernier's been more ready for it than Reimer, based on last season. Reimer will have his chance at proving himself, but it's Bernier's spot to lose.

iLLmAtlc

Washington fans, what the fuck is going on with Mike Green?

I need to know if I should put him on IR on my Fantasy team.

mike green, the answer is yes

E: speaking of +/-, I noticed the other night Erat was like -5 after 10 minutes of ice time. finished -4. there's another guy who has fallen far.

Socreges

Banned
The Leafs played the same in front of both goalies. Its just Bernier played better pre Olympics.
That doesn't seem unimportant to me. Neither does the huge discrepancy in Wins and Losses.

Either way, it's pretty apparent that the Leafs org sees more potential in Bernier and wants him to be the definitive starter. Unless Reimer actually outplays him, he's not going to get as many starts.

Bernier is also my third goalie in my pool so I'd love to see him start 50-60 games. :)

They gave him the C?

Ye, named at the team bonding trip at West Point.

yup, and a paid vacation for a few seasons

backhand.gif

My point, as obvious as it was is that I think Reimer has the potential to be a great number 1 goalie but without practice he'll never be that. Bernier is a good goalie, and will always be a good goalie, but he'll be what he is. I don't see him growing beyond his current abilities regardless of who's in front of him or how much ice time he gets.

zroid

Banned
Everyone knows Mimico kid Davey Bolland is the true heart and soul Captain of the Panthers' roster. But he's such a Good Guy that he wears an A so the old guy can have the C.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tanner Glass will play tonight after taking a maintenance day yesterday. So lines should be the same as against the Blues. The defense, on the other hand:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
J.Moore-Hunwick

That third pairing is going to get worked like nobody's business. :/

Matthew Lombardi also cleared waivers, so his contract will be terminated.

Top Bottom