• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Osorio

I'd take anyone for Larsson just to show Lou how stupid Deboer is

We should be sitting Salvador and playing Larsson

Instead Salvador is getting 18 minutes TOI 5 on 5

Ugh

Merguson

Banned
So I'm looking at some hockey podcasts to subscribe to.. and I notice there's a new one called "Off The Ice" with Strombo and Marek.. might be interesting.. but every episode is like.. 2 minutes long..

am i missing something here?

Samyy

I'd take anyone for Larsson just to show Lou how stupid Deboer is

We should be sitting Salvador and playing Larsson

Instead Salvador is getting 18 minutes TOI 5 on 5

Ugh

We'll give you Carter Ashton?
Forced to play with Orr and McLaren all last year so everyone thinks he sucks!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone mention yet how stupid it is that there are no games this afternoon??!? Every fucking team is playing, yet they all start at 7:00 or later. Especially after only having one game last night. NHL still doesn't get it, do they?

Did anyone mention yet how stupid it is that there are no games this afternoon??!? Every fucking team is playing, yet they all start at 7:00 or later. Especially after only having one game last night. NHL still doesn't get it, do they?

There should be some 1 pm games (4 pm for you).

ShaneB

I was expecting the same. Seems pretty ridiculous.

Quick

Banned

Rogers needs to fill up every channel they own with prime time hockey.

Yawnier

Banned

I'm sure they have a half decent reason why (or do they?) but I don't quite get it either.

zroid

Banned
I'm sure they have a half decent reason why (or do they?) but I don't quite get it either.

My guess would be that statistically the league probably finds people don't tend to watch out of market hockey games that much, so it benefits ratings overall to have all games during peak hours.

Sucks for the superfans.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 41m41 minutes ago
A little bird (@strombo ) says a former EDM captain who wore No. 11 will be joining @RealKyper @FriedgeHNIC @DamoSpin on HNIC tonight. Cool.

Muting HNIC when the game isn't on.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I use it on Xbox One sometimes, why?

The stream never streams in high definition quality. It's always stuttering and isn't smooth. I have 20MB download speed, more than enough and yet it still doesn't stream in HD.

I've sent support tickets to NHL and they keep sending me back this crap:

Internet Connection Requirements

A broadband internet connection (DSL/cable or higher) of 800kbps or higher is needed. If you have an internet connection speed of 3 Mbps or higher you will be able to enjoy NHL GameCenter LIVE™ at its highest video quality.

I have 20MB download....yet I can't get HD on my Xbox One or PC.

Cat Party

I use Gamecenter Live on PC and 360, but haven't used it yet this season. Tonight will be the first chance I have to use it. But I had great performance last season, for the vast majority of the time.

Muting HNIC when the game isn't on.

Damien Cox on HNIC...

ZqMM22Z.gif

ShaneB

The stream never streams in high definition quality. It's always stuttering and isn't smooth. I have 20MB download speed, more than enough and yet it still doesn't stream in HD.

A broadband internet connection (DSL/cable or higher) of 800kbps or higher is needed. If you have an internet connection speed of 3 Mbps or higher you will be able to enjoy NHL GameCenter LIVE™ at its highest video quality.

If your speed test results are showing 20MB download.. that's equal to 2Mbps. 3Mbps would mean 30MB.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Weird. I use it on PC all the time and never have issues with it. It may start out as low-res, but after like 30 seconds to a minute it'll change over to HD. My internet is the same as yours, 20Mbps down. I don't watch it on my PS4 or PS3 just cause the frame rate is so weird looking. Also because the console app's are like a good 3-5 minutes behind the real life play while the PC one is only like a minute behind.

I've tried both the PS4 and X1 apps this year and they both fluctuate between being decent quality (720p, very smooth) and being garbage. I've encountered the stuttering problem you talked about in years past but haven't seen it yet this year, it's generally been pretty smooth but sometimes the resolution and sound quality take a dive. I have 50mb down and every other video streaming service I use works flawlessly so I'm going to chalk it up to GCL being shit this year.

Stasis

Wanted to see some McNasty, instead getting Hunwick or Moore playing wrong side.

Exciting.

edit: May as well go watch the Habs with all my Québécois buddies and pretend to care/high five people when they score and the entire bar erupts in insanity like it's a playoff game 7.

Alucard

Banned
Poland beat Germany 2-0 in Euro 2016 qualifying. If the Pens slap the Leafs around, it will be one of the most satisfying days of my personal sports fandom.

Solo

:lol I've already had sex with her so I'm hoping to slide in again like BGally into any opposition's net - inevitable but rough

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I've tried both the PS4 and X1 apps this year and they both fluctuate between being decent quality (720p, very smooth) and being garbage. I've encountered the stuttering problem you talked about in years past but haven't seen it yet this year, it's generally been pretty smooth but sometimes the resolution and sound quality take a dive. I have 50mb down and every other video streaming service I use works flawlessly so I'm going to chalk it up to GCL being shit this year.

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to cancel it. I hate it though because I live in Houston, Texas and I can't get any local hockey and I don't have cable TV...I didn't want to have to pay for cable TV just to watch hockey.

I guess I'll have to wait for the NBC games when they start. :(

I wonder why they can't get their damn app to stream in HD? I be the NFL one does just fine.

Solo

Some guy in the Lea Seydoux/Bond girl thread saying she has saggy tits. The fuck. She has amazing natural tits.

iLLmAtlc

I think there might be local considerations too. It's the first Saturday and also first home game most teams I think. It's less of an event and less likely to be watched in the afternoon.

Some guy in the Lea Seydoux/Bond girl thread saying she has saggy tits. The fuck. She has amazing natural tits.

Personally not a fan at all. Don't care about her boobs either way but her face just does nothing for me. In fact, seeing her ugly ass teeth turns me off.

Top Bottom