• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Looks like it's gonna be Fehr on the 4th line, Borgman on the 3rd pair to start the year.

I gotta say I forgot Fehr was even an option in that spot until recently

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Looks like only one player on waivers so marincin is staying unless traded

Also don't know wtf is going on with vegas and their 1000 defensemen

Cactus

Banned
Daren Millard ✔@darenmillard
The @Nhl deputy commissioner Bill Daly tells @SNHockeyCentral at noon @MapleLeafs Joffery Lupul failed his second physical, goes on LTIR
12:13 PM - Oct 3, 2017

Socreges

Banned
Another Wild fan?

I used to have a partner a while back but he left. I could use an ally when I try to pick on 19 & 21. He has good jabs back and most of the time I dont know what to do.

Just rip on Landesgoon constantly and everything'll go swimingly.

Well, I dont know anything about your Euro football aside from them having some relegation and development systems.

NHL has no relegation. 31 teams are always in the league. Sometimes teams move (Hello, Winnipeg) or new ones are made (Hello, Vegas) but thats it. Every year there is a draft where all 18+ year old players are eligible to be drafted by teams in roughly reverse order standings. Worst teams get best picks. But there is a lottery that sometimes throws it all out of whack but that isnt often.

Draft is done to make things roughly equal. Bad teams get best chances at best players to improve, Best teams get least amount of options because theyre already good. But its not an exact science. Even if a team has the best chances at the best players, sometimes the players just dont develop and its a wasted pick.

The Canucks are a team that were good about 8-10 years ago riding on the success of the Sedin brothers. Really good Twins that had freaky psychic powers. Also had a good supporting cast. Since then, their management has been horrendous. They trade away good players for shit, they used to draft shit players every year, and as a whole were just bad.

Now theyve got a few good young players but they are definitely not good enough to carry the team yet (maybe ever, who knows) so this season will likely suck ass.

Canucks also overpay free agents that arent good anymore. Trade away their best goalies for no reason, who then go to their new teams and play really well, while the Canucks goalies suck.

Canucks fans are crazy. They destroyed their own city when they lost the championship years ago. Stay on their good side or you probably wont like what happens after. That said, the team sucks so...youre in a bit of a pickle.

If Boeser makes the team, he is a great young player to watch. From one of the best development areas in North America, went to one of the best development colleges ever, and is an electrifying player. Hes just young and will have growing pains.

Good luck!
Maybe just stick to the only thing you do well. Fellating anything from Minnesota.

Ondor

Banned
Olli Juolevi heading to Finland. Excellent news. There isn't a player alive today I'd rather he be mentored by.

yyzjohn

Banned
Daren Millard ✔@darenmillard
The @Nhl deputy commissioner Bill Daly tells @SNHockeyCentral at noon @MapleLeafs Joffery Lupul failed his second physical, goes on LTIR
12:13 PM - Oct 3, 2017

lou.jpg

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds practice lines:

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Hartnell-Bonino-Fiala
Salomaki-Sissons-Smith
McLeod-Jarnkrok-Watson

Josi-Irwin
Ekholm-Subban
Emelin-Weber
(Bitetto-Girard)

Nobody was put on waivers, which likely means two of Kamenev/Gaudreau/Girard are getting sent down. Jarnkrok is allegedly hurt, too, which doesn't bode well for Girard's chances at an NHL tryout.

Pikma

Banned
Colorado claims Nemeth
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thank you Avs for making me feel better during these tough times

Too be completely honest, I do enjoy following the careers of Minnesotans and wishing them success, but I mostly just bring it up in here to bother you guys and try to start conversations. There's only so much Mafia Lou, Drouin, and Don Cherry bullshit I can take in a given week. But you guys are so much fun to talk to I dont really want to leave.

This is parody, right?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

They're onto me. Bummer.

No, he's just a beta.

What is this I dont even

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Jarnkrok is allegedly hurt, too, which doesn't bode well for Girard's chances at an NHL tryout.

Right as I post this, a QMJHL writer says that Girard is staying in Nashville. Hmm.

edit: Preds have apparently re-signed Harry Z and are sending him to Milwaukee. Just hasn't been formally announced yet

calder

FUBAR is just greasing the skids for his inevitable - and completely understandable - face turn where he starts openly cheering for the Jets. He's setting the stage by pointing out the numerous high-quality Minnesota boys on the team.

Once Poolman is settled in and skating regular NHL shifts expect FUBAR to casually mention maybe getting his jersey.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Too be completely honest, I do enjoy following the careers of Minnesotans and wishing them success, but I mostly just bring it up in here to bother you guys and try to start conversations. There's only so much Mafia Lou, Drouin, and Don Cherry bullshit I can take in a given week. But you guys are so much fun to talk to I dont really want to leave.

You just need more Don Quick in your life.

FUBAR is just greasing the skids for his inevitable - and completely understandable - face turn where he starts openly cheering for the Jets. He's setting the stage by pointing out the numerous high-quality Minnesota boys on the team.

Once Poolman is settled in and skating regular NHL shifts expect FUBAR to casually mention maybe getting his jersey.

Cheering for the Jets when they arent playing the Wild? Sure why not. Becoming an outright Jets fan? eh. I really, really doubt it.

I already have a Jets T shirt. Jersey is a possibility down the line. Nobody on the team is downright unlikeable. Poolman, Byfuglien, Wheeler. There is plenty to like about that team.

That amazing preseason he had must have convinced other teams!

Was reading the Athletic this morning and his name came up as one the 'interesting players' on waivers. Is he that interesting? Late 1st, did decently in the major juniors but has been a flub since.

Marvie_3

Banned
Quoting this from the off-season thread in case anyone missed it:

I mentioned this awhile back but I finally got around to putting together a list of hockey stuff I'm looking to swap/giveaway. If possible id like to swap the jerseys for ones I dont have but we'll see what happens. I can send pics if you want them. Shoot me a PM if youre interested.

Jerseys:

Reebok:

Winnipeg Jets (XXL - read the tag wrong and bought the wrong size. Thankfully it was on clearance. Never worn.)

Boston Bruins (XL - never worn. Tags came off and it was hung in my closet)

NY Islanders (XL - never worn. Tags came off and it was hung in my closet)

NY Rangers (XL - never worn. Tags came off and it was hung in my closet)

Buffalo Sabres (XL - worn a couple times. White Buffaslug jersey)

Others:

Calgary Flames (M - pretty worn in but still in good shape. Red 80s CCM jersey)

Pittsburgh Penguins (tag is missing but im presuming M because its the same fit as the Flames one. Early 90s black CCM jersey)

NJ Devils (XL - worn during pickup games but still in good shape. 90s CCM white jersey)

Florida Panthers (M - worn during pickup games but still in good shape. 90s Pro Player white jersey)

Bobbleheads:

Islanders - Andrew Ladd (new in box)

Might have some more stuff but thats what I scrounged up for now.

Cheering for the Jets when they arent playing the Wild? Sure why not. Becoming an outright Jets fan? eh. I really, really doubt it.

I already have a Jets T shirt. Jersey is a possibility down the line. Nobody on the team is downright unlikeable. Poolman, Byfuglien, Wheeler. There is plenty to like about that team.

Quick is going to be very upset with you

Quoting this from the off-season thread in case anyone missed it:

Wouldnt mind any of the M size ones. XL or XXL would probably be too big for me. Typically wear L but those old CCM ones always run a bit big anyway.

What do you want for the Pens/CGY/FLA sweaters?

Dont really have much to trade, sorry. So money would probably be best bet.

Zadorov and Mironov are practicing exclusively together today so that solves the mystery. Coaching staff stupidly assumed Miro would pick up on instruction despite knowing zero English, probably panicked Sakic when he found out Miro was behind, thus a Nemeth is born.
#justavsthings

Top Bottom