• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I find it weird how many jerseys some of you guys have from teams other than your own.

Then again, my only non-Rangers hockey jersey is a (bootleg) CCCP Fetisov jersey, so whatever.

Solo

Pacioretty – Drouin – Gallagher
Hudon – Plekanec – Lehkonen
Galchenyuk – Danault – Shaw
Byron – De La Rose – Hemsky

Mete – Weber
Alzner – Petry
Streit – Benn

Price - Montoya

So there's the opening night roster.....

I find it weird how many jerseys some of you guys have from teams other than your own.

Then again, my only non-Rangers hockey jersey is a (bootleg) CCCP Fetisov jersey, so whatever.

Same. I can't imagine having another team's jersey regardless of the player or whatever else. At least not in the NHL. Contemplated getting a Fort Wayne Komets jersey cause I like one of their logos a bunch.

Wild fan with the following jerseys:

Wild RBK 3rd Green Blank *signed by Charlie Coyle* / Framed
Wild RBK 2016 Away - Charlie Coyle
North Stars CCM Away Blank
Flyers RBK 2012 Winter Classic Claude Giroux
Flyers RBK 2014 Home Jake Voracek *signed by Jake Voracek* / will be framed
Maple Leafs RBK 2016 Home Auston Matthews
UND Fighting Sioux RBK (?) 2011 Green Home

And apparently also getting a few others from my amigo Marvie.

I just like owning jerseys. Doesnt matter the team as long as the player is a fun one to watch and isnt a d-bag.

Quick

Banned
Fubar, I thought you were giving away those jerseys. I'd tell Schuey that society thinks he's a burden because of his old age if it meant owning that Matthews jersey lol

Marvie_3

Banned
I just like owning jerseys. Doesnt matter the team as long as the player is a fun one to watch and isnt a d-bag.
This. I like jerseys and baseball hats. Working on every hockey team, have a large majority of MLB teams as well as a bunch from different baseball leagues.

Plus I get a baseball or puck at every stadium I go to.

I like jerseys, and am not beholden to just one team. I'm just most familiar and like the Leafs the best.
aka I'm a trash fan

I have

Leafs Winter Classic Lupul (lol)
Leafs Reebok Home Kessel
Leafs 2016 Reebok Home Matthews
Leafs Centennial Classic Marner
Habs Reebok Home Price
Habs Reebok Home Subban
Oilers Reebok Away 2015 McDavid
Sharks Reebok Home Burns
2014 Sochi Home Nike (I think) Crosby

glad Liljegren is staying 🙏

Chris R

Just realized our game in Boston on Monday is at 9 fucking AM here.

Fuck you Boston and fuck you too
Christopher
Columbus
Day

Entropia

No One Remembers
They both made it? Huh.

Definitely curious as to what the lineup looks like on opening night.

I honestly can't make heads or tails what our forward lines will be.

Defense and Goalies are pretty cut and dry:

Slavin - Pesce
Hanifin - Faulk
Fleury - TVR
Dahlbeck

Darling
Ward

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Archibald returns to the Comets and Wiercioch on waivers tomorrow. We have our team.

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Gagner-Vanek
Burmistrov-Sutter-Virtanen
Dorsett

Tanev-Stetcher
Edler-Del Zotto
Hutton-Gudbranson
Biega
Pouliot

Markstrom
Nilsson

Something like that?

Ondor

Banned
Sedin-Sedin-Granlund
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Gagner-Vanek
Dorsett

Tanev-Stetcher
Edler-Del Zotto
Hutton-Gudbranson
Biega-Pouliot

Markstrom
Nilsson

Something like that?
I like this better:
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Gagner-Granlund-Virtanen
Vanek-Sutter-Dorsett
Burmistrov

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Del Zotto-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

Green doesn't like Gagner as a centre (neither do I) and it looks like he will start with the Edler-Tanev top pairing. I'd prefer giving Virtanen a decent centre to work with and Granlund has been a centre all pre-season. I still think Eriksson with the Sedins is worth a good look.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sedin-Sedin-Granlund
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Gagner-Vanek
Dorsett

Tanev-Stetcher
Edler-Del Zotto
Hutton-Gudbranson
Biega
Pouliot

Markstrom
Nilsson

Something like that?

Swap lines 1&2 but yeah sure.

I like this better:
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Gagner-Granlund-Virtanen
Vanek-Sutter-Dorsett
Burmistrov

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Del Zotto-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

Green doesn't like Gagner as a centre (neither do I) and it looks like he will start with the Edler-Tanev top pairing. I'd prefer giving Virtanen a decent centre to work with and Granlund has been a centre all pre-season. I still think Eriksson with the Sedins is worth a good look.

I like this more

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I like this better:
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Gagner-Granlund-Virtanen
Vanek-Sutter-Dorsett
Burmistrov

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Del Zotto-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

You know what? I like this better, too. I'm on board with Eriksson riding shotgun with the Sedins. In fact, I think Eriksson's going to be all-around better this season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@LeafsPR 51s51 seconds ago
Replying to @LeafsPR @MapleLeafs

On Tuesday, the club loaned defencemen Timothy Liljegren and Calle Rosen to the @TorontoMarlies of the American Hockey League. #TMLtalk

Marlies D is ridiculous

also they confirmed Polak is gonna stick around like Prust

Ondor

Banned
You know what? I like this better, too. I'm on board with Eriksson riding shotgun with the Sedins. In fact, I think Eriksson's going to be all-around better this season.
Hooray! I'm not the only believer in the Triple Crowns line!

Since we’re doing line ups

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
McGinn-Trocheck-Vrbata
Brickley-McCann-Bjugstad
Haley-MacKenzie-Sceviour
Malgin/Tippett

Yandle-Pysyk
Matheson-Ekblad
Weegar/McCoshnen-Petrovic

Luongo
Riemer

It is what it is

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Gone Home. I really enjoyed. Not sure what it is about these types of games, but it is fun exploring and being immersed in the setting.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Since everybody else is posting lineups, we've been done for like a week now.

Opening night:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Nash-Chytil-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Vesey-Desharnais-Carey
Fast (IR)

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Smith
Staal-DeAngelo
Holden

Lundqvist
Pavelec

PillarEN

Just finished Gone Home. I really enjoyed. Not sure what it is about these types of games, but it is fun exploring and being immersed in the setting.

I was playing this. After a minute of playing my framerate would go to single digits. Would exit and boot again. Same story. Lights, no lights. Nothing mattered the game would just start to lag like crazy. Browsing the interests it would appear that my 5 year old laptop most likely has lots of dust in the fan causing the graphics card (or maybe Processor?) to clock way lower than it should. This explains why everything is fine and smooth like butter for a minute before extreme deterioration of the framerate.

And I'm a coward to open up the laptop cause in my case I literally have to take it apart like 75% to get to the fan and I don't know how to clean and reapply thermal paste to the graphics and Processor for the heat sink to work right after putting it back together (yes I've watched videos how to do it, but I don't have the cash to get a new laptop if I botch this one lol).

Edit: for what it's worth the game was fun for the 15 minutes I put in.

Foggy

BJs looking like this

Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson
Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Dubois-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert-Dalpe-Sedlak
Hannikainen

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Murray-Carlsson
Nutivaara
Harrington

BOBROVSKY
Korpisalo

The middle 6 is really in flux with Boone Jenner on IR so I wouldn't be shocked if the 2nd and 3rd lines switch on any given night. Also, all throughout the preseason they've been tinkering with Savard and Murray as the second pairing and it's worked out so I wouldn't be shocked if Jack Johnson is on the third pairing with Carlsson/Nutivaara/Harrington.

Weird lineup outside of the top line of forwards, but that's the Blue Jackets for you. It's probably too much to hope for Bjorkstrand, Milano, and Dubois to break out this year, but I guess crazier things have happened.

calder

I agree and I think we're both right - it is incredibly weird to have jerseys for all sorts of random teams. I'd say it's odd to have an NHL jersey for any team other than "yours" but I'd understand a Canucks fan who was also a huge Roy fan to have a random Habs sweater or something.

Having multiple non-NHL teams is normal though. Especially international squads. I'd wear the shit out of a '87 Team Canada Hawerchuk or something for sure.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hawks roster is looking like:

Saad - Toews - Panik
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Kane
Sharp - Anisimov - Hartman
Hayden - Kero - Wingels
Bouma

Keith - Murphy
Kempny - Seabrook
Forsling - Rutta
Oesterle, Franson

Crawford
Forsberg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing this. After a minute of playing my framerate would go to single digits. Would exit and boot again. Same story. Lights, no lights. Nothing mattered the game would just start to lag like crazy. Browsing the interests it would appear that my 5 year old laptop most likely has lots of dust in the fan causing the graphics card (or maybe Processor?) to clock way lower than it should. This explains why everything is fine and smooth like butter for a minute before extreme deterioration of the framerate.

And I'm a coward to open up the laptop cause in my case I literally have to take it apart like 75% to get to the fan and I don't know how to clean and reapply thermal paste to the graphics and Processor for the heat sink to work right after putting it back together (yes I've watched videos how to do it, but I don't have the cash to get a new laptop if I botch this one lol).

Edit: for what it's worth the game was fun for the 15 minutes I put in.

That sucks. It is one of the Xbox Games with Gold games this month. The console version runs good.

I'm always nervous messing with PCs as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
I agree and I think we're both right - it is incredibly weird to have jerseys for all sorts of random teams. I'd say it's odd to have an NHL jersey for any team other than "yours" but I'd understand a Canucks fan who was also a huge Roy fan to have a random Habs sweater or something.

Having multiple non-NHL teams is normal though. Especially international squads. I'd wear the shit out of a '87 Team Canada Hawerchuk or something for sure.
Having the jersey doesnt mean youre rooting for the team though. I fucking hate the Red Wings but I still have Yzerman and Howe jerseys.

Besides, most hockey jerseys just look awesome. :lol

Foggy

Saad - Toews - Panik
Hayden - Kero - Wingels
Bouma

Keith - Murphy
Kempny - Seabrook
Forsling - Rutta
Oesterle, Franson

Crawford
Forsberg
Thought I read that DeBrincat was sent to Rockford

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds practice lines:

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Hartnell-Bonino-Fiala
Salomaki-Sissons-Smith
McLeod-Jarnkrok-Watson

Josi-Irwin
Ekholm-Subban
Emelin-Weber
(Bitetto-Girard)

Gaudreau and Kamenev were sent down, so add Aberg as a spare player (and Rinne/Saros, of course) and this is the roster.

Interestingly, Bonino is designated as a non-roster player, so Gaudreau or Kamenev might still play opening night.

Saad - Toews - Panik
Hayden - Kero - Wingels
Bouma

Keith - Murphy
Kempny - Seabrook
Forsling - Rutta
Oesterle, Franson

Crawford
Forsberg

Wow this team looks drastically different from last season

calder

Winnipeg Jets @NHLJets
#NHLJets assign Kyle Connor to @ManitobaMoose.

Disappointing, but it makes sense as he doesn't have to clear waivers. I'm not sure he should be on the third line and the top six are so set right now. He'll have to wait a few hours for Perreault to get injured I guess.

I think the first few games will look kinda like:

Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Petan-Dano
Mathias-Lowry-Hendricks (ugh)

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Poolman

Top Bottom