• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Yo Wendel, check this out.

Top 5 power forwards off all-time:

Link
Basically boils down to Melrose having a good anecdote about Clark.

Love this: "He was scoring 40 goals a year." ---- Yes. Once.

MacAttack

Red_Man said:
Definitely a big game, division rival always is, and it's the first time we're playing a team many have pegged to make the playoffs and possibly top the division. If we lose yea it will suck, Full panic mode? No, but there will need to be adjustments fast. I'm hoping to get at least 4 points out of the week.

Yea, cause only hab fans downplay losses /sarcasm.
The Habs have a tough stretch of games the next two weeks Ill be suprised if they play above .500 hockey.

Manics

Banned
Red_Man said:
Definitely a big game, division rival always is, and it's the first time we're playing a team many have pegged to make the playoffs and possibly top the division. If we lose yea it will suck, Full panic mode? No, but there will need to be adjustments fast. I'm hoping to get at least 4 points out of the week.

Yea, cause only hab fans downplay losses /sarcasm.
One thing I've seen over the last few seasons is the Habs usually win games when you'd expect them to lose. Be it adjustments from the coach or something else they always seem to win a game like tonight where they go in playing poorly and you expect a tough game.

Just talked to Taylor Hall, he's not playing tonight. Throat infection.

He was going into a cab, heading to the airport. I work right beside the Westin downtown Calgary, usually where I run into all the visiting players.

MacAttack

Solo said:
Pacioretty is gonna run wild on Chara on the 27th and 29th.
You had to go there, didn't you?

I can't wait until the Bruins sweep the home and home series and sends Montreal fans into panic mode with a record of 3-6-2.

Hat trick for Pouliot in the game at Montreal. Book it.

snack

The Internet said:

He was going into a cab, heading to the airport. I work right beside the Westin downtown Calgary, usually where I run into all the visiting players.
It's aite. RNH is playing. This kid's beastly.

MacAttack

yankeehater said:
Hey Bruins fans when is David Krejci coming back? Him being out is killing my fantasy team.

Apparently he's day-to-day but he skated with the team today. There was some hope of him playing vs Chicago during the past week. I haven't heard anything but I don't expect him to be out much longer.

Rask in net for the B's tonight.

Montresor

The Internet said:

I have a throat infection too. This shit is awful. I don't even want to swallow anything, not even my own spit. =/

Manics said:
I know what you can swallow to clear this up, pm me.

I think we should start trying to keep this thread balanced. Comments like the on above should be followed by things like this:

8yaFe.jpg

Montresor

Spl1nter said:
its not a big secret man, camomile tea with some honey. Its what nonna always gave me when I had a sore throat/cold.

I'm reading you need to drink ice cold drinks and eat ice cream to relieve throat infection pain. Dammit I don't know what to do. The doctor didn't say anything about temporary relief. He just gave me pills for the next 5 days.

edit:

Buffalo vs. Montreal on TSN... this should be good, and could take my mind off my throat. It'll be my first time seeing Ehrhoff and Regehr in action together.

Spl1nter

Montresor said:
I'm reading you need to drink ice cold drinks and eat ice cream to relieve throat infection pain. Dammit I don't know what to do. The doctor didn't say anything about temporary relief. He just gave me pills for the next 5 days.

Whiskey

Slurmer

Banned
Interested to see how Philly does against Ottawa tonight, probably the worst team (on paper) they've played in the first 5. Hoping at least that the penalties are less frequent. There's been almost no 5-on-5 play their last few games

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Montresor said:

edit:

Buffalo vs. Montreal on TSN... this should be good, and could take my mind off my throat. It'll be my first time seeing Ehrhoff and Regehr in action together.

Buckley's helped me, but that stuff is awful.

Slurmer said:
Interested to see how Philly does against Ottawa tonight, probably the worst team (on paper) they've played in the first 5. Hoping at least that the penalties are less frequent. There's been almost no 5-on-5 play their last few games

I feel like a not insignificant number of the penalties are due to our pathetic defensive zone play. That's not gonna change just because we're playing the Sens. I do think this team is less likely to blow the game entirely like in the past though. Most of the vets get the importance of every game and Carter and Richards were the two biggest offenders as far as disappearing is concerned. JVR still has this problem sort of, but I don't think its related to the team we're playing and more just he has off nights.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
brucewaynegretzky said:
I think we should start trying to keep this thread balanced. Comments like the on above should be followed by things like this:

8yaFe.jpg
YESSSSSSS

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Anyone else use the 2011 Android NHL Gamecenter app? Is there any way to make that Geo Check thing go away? I have location services enabled but it just searches forever and it happens every time I open it. It's annoying.

Red_Man said:
I could really use a win, pull through this shit habs.

I'm hoping to see a win for Sabres tonight :p

Spire said:
Anyone else use the 2011 Android NHL Gamecenter app? Is there any way to make that Geo Check thing go away? I have location services enabled but it just searches forever and it happens every time I open it. It's annoying.

Happened to me, I just hit the arrow (on my Incredible) and it went away.

Love the UI for this years app.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Happened to me, I just hit the arrow (on my Incredible) and it went away.

Love the UI for this years app.

Yeah, it's a lot better than last years app.

And are Minnesota crowds normally this quiet? Man.

Red_Man

Habs do look great but they've owned first periods so far this season, they need to get one in and keep pushing.

Fei said:
Sabres look pretty terrible out of the gate. No hussle, just floating around.

Yea, seriously, though they've picked it up slightly right now...

Habs may want it more right now, let's see if we can contain them and run 'em down.

Red_Man

It's so frustrating watchig Gomez take the puck into the zone so often and every time he turns to pass, just shoot the fucking puck for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom