• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Solo said:
Tonight's game is on TSN. Is Pierre still there? If so, I'll just watch RDS.
Pierre is gone. :)

Pretty hyped about tonight. I missed all of the Wings game and almost all of the Oilers game, so I'm pining for Canucks hockey. Plus the Greek God is back. Also expecting a great game from the Twin Norse Gods, returning home.

snack

Socreges said:
Pierre is gone. :)

Pretty hyped about tonight. I missed all of the Wings game and almost all of the Oilers game, so I'm pining for Canucks hockey. Plus the Greek God is back. Also expecting a great game from the Twin Norse Gods, returning home.
Mythology at its finest.

Revenant

Mythology and the Canucks go well together..

we can make it sound so surreal, so epic, so captivating,

but in the end its just a bunch of exaggerated bullshit ;)

Revenant said:
Mythology and the Canucks go well together..

we can make it sound so surreal, so epic, so captivating,

but in the end its just a bunch of exaggerated bullshit ;)
Why must you wound me like I wound Sefkillz and his Dubai Predators?

:(

Socreges

Banned
We also have Odin, who sacrificed one of his eyes so he could see more clearly.

There's the anti-Christ being paid $2.25M to warm the bench with his fury. And Hermes, the young God, who's been sent to the Wolves.

MacAttack said:
Big game for Montreal tonight?

I know it's still early but I read that if they lose tonight it would be the worst start for the team in over a decade. Plus playing a quality division opponent is usually a game you want to to win.

The Boston-Chicago game had a similar feeling, just wondering how much a win/loss would mean to Montreal fans tonight.
Well, considering how giddy Solo was after beating the mighty Jets...

TUSR

Banned
Socreges said:
We also have Odin, who sacrificed one of his eyes so he could see more clearly.

There's the anti-Christ being paid $2.25M to warm the bench with his fury. And Hermes, the young God, who's been sent to the Wolves.
Sturm?

Socreges

Banned
Squire Felix said:
They're paying him 2.25.........................

Who the fuck thought this out.
A_Thousand_Monkeys.png

Squire Felix said:
They're paying him 2.25.........................

Who the fuck thought this out.

Considering how much everyone else got, it's not bad.

But maybe Gillis should've waited and scooped him up for $1M like he did for Torres.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Lone_Prodigy said:
Considering how much everyone else got, it's not bad.

But maybe Gillis should've waited and signed him to a PTO and cut him before the season began like old man Nolan.

Yeah...

Revenant

Sturm is to the Canucks as Aquaman is to the Justice League.

yea he's there, and occasionally you'll notice, but no one really wants him there.

Revenant said:
Sturm is to the Canucks as Aquaman is to the Justice League.

yea he's there, and occasionally you'll notice, but no one really wants him there.
But if hockey was water polo. Then he'd rip it the fuck up?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I just want the Panthers to be good again so that Randy Moller's awesome goal calls can mean something again.

"He shoots HE SCORES! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!"

Revenant

SpectreFire said:
But if hockey was water polo. Then he'd rip it the fuck up?

He's also a great way to meet girls at the beach.

oh whats up I just came from the ocean with a bag of pearls riding on my chariot of dolphins and sharks.

Revenant said:
He's also a great way to meet girls at the beach.

oh whats up I just came from the ocean with a bag of pearls riding on my chariot of dolphins and sharks.

"But my knees are fuck up so you're going to have to be manning the reigns on top alllllll night."

aidan

SpectreFire said:
Hey, no one fucks with Marco "Two Shots on Net" Sturm.

Besides, with Ehrhoff gone, we need to keep up our pansy-ass German quota.

I prefer the nickname Marco 'Sperm' Sturm, myself.

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
Man, this thread gets weird sometimes

This thread is under constant attack of "sack lathering"

I'd say this is fairly tame for the afternoon.

and the dozen times or so that the kesler naked photo has been posted as well, making reading this thread on campus a minefield.

aidan

Revenant said:
This thread is under constant attack of "sack lathering"

I'd say this is fairly tame for the afternoon.

and the dozen times or so that the kesler naked photo has been posted as well, making reading this thread on campus a minefield.

Having trouble hiding your awkward Kesler boner?

Revenant

aidan said:
Having trouble hiding your awkward Kesler boner?

no i just don't need to have someone behind me notice I'm scrolling down a web page full of the same damn picture like some sort of perverted amnesiac.

Revenant

brucewaynegretzky said:

she really is good looking, though i think we need to find a way to get kate upton to join the hockey world.

Spire said:
It's so hard to score on Rinne because every time you glance at him you get lost in his eyes.

patrick sharp has the same problem when he misses the net, chances are he caught his own reflection in the ice or from the glass.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot to set my PVR for the Habs game....I guess I can watch it on Gamecenter. I'll just avoid hearing the score till I get home.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MacAttack said:
Big game for Montreal tonight?

I know it's still early but I read that if they lose tonight it would be the worst start for the team in over a decade. Plus playing a quality division opponent is usually a game you want to to win.

The Boston-Chicago game had a similar feeling, just wondering how much a win/loss would mean to Montreal fans tonight.
Definitely a big game, division rival always is, and it's the first time we're playing a team many have pegged to make the playoffs and possibly top the division. If we lose yea it will suck, Full panic mode? No, but there will need to be adjustments fast. I'm hoping to get at least 4 points out of the week.
yankeehater said:
If they win it is a big deal, if they lose it doesn't matter.
Yea, cause only hab fans downplay losses /sarcasm.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
CrazedArabMan said:
So no Malkin, Crosby, or Letang.

Or Orpik. Or Kennedy or Jeffrey. Our scoring leaders and whole first defensive pair is out. Well thank god we play 10 games in 17 days in start the season. :|

Spire said:
Or Orpik. Or Kennedy or Jeffrey. Our scoring leaders and whole first defensive pair is out. Well thank god we play 10 games in 17 days in start the season. :|

Last year I thought the reason for this was they wanted the Penguins to be artificially high up in the standings for the Winter Classic. This year I have no idea why the hell they did this.

aidan

Spire said:

How've Michalek and Martin worked out for you guys? I wanted the Canucks to sign one of 'em back when they both hit UFA.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
aidan said:
How've Michalek and Martin worked out for you guys? I wanted the Canucks to sign one of 'em back when they both hit UFA.

Very solid. Neither of them are flashy like Letang (although Martin has made some slick moves) or deliver big hits like Orpik but they consistently shut down most of what comes their way. I'm happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom