• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Dastardly Jerks said:
MVPERRY!

Beauch with some big hits, but sloppy turnovers. Yeowch.

(Listening via radio at work, pardon the delays).
You're a little behind haha. Beauch took a puck to the head and bled a bit... game is getting intense. That's all the info I'll tell you. Don't want to spoil it again!

Heretic said:
Classy move by the shorks fans applauding beauch's return

Things like this are why Shorks fans are better than Queens fans.

YAY DUCKS

Gonna watch the game when I get to my GFs place. Two straight Shorks victories are worth watching.

Heretic

Dastardly Jerks said:
Things like this are why Shorks fans are better than Queens fans.

YAY DUCKS

Gonna watch the game when I get to my GFs place. Two straight Shorks victories are worth watching.
Nail biter till the end. Definitely recommend you to catch it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Oilers held the Predators to 12 SHOTS?! Christ.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
vatstep said:
The Oilers held the Predators to 12 SHOTS?! Christ.

I saw that, crazy times.

This trade popped up on the Pens board after that game, I guess fans are getting antsy.

Nashville:
Malkin
MAF

Pittsburgh:
Rinne
Suter
2nd Rounder

Many laughs were had.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Spire said:
I saw that, crazy times.

This trade popped up on the Pens board after that game, I guess fans are getting antsy.

Many laughs were had.
The Rinne / MAF would be great for Pens fans, the rest is ridiculous, I never really understood the time people put into forming and arguing proposals on hfboards.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The proposal does raise a good question though.

Who is more dreamy?

pekka-rinne-35-nhl.jpg

marc-andre-fleury-29-nhl.jpg

Spike

Kuro Madoushi said:
:(

Goddamn! Where the hell did this Avs team come from? Guess it's nice not having Tony Crapnato as a coach?

Actually, the Avs were near the top of the league for almost the first half last season. Then they were plagued with injury after injury and they dropped off.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Game day :D pulled an all nighter for an 8:30 exam and then sleep all day wake up make some food and watch the game. Hoping Cammy is back, and eller and patches pull out another great game.

pringles

DopeyFish said:
Looks like the youngest teams in the league might give teams a hell of a fight (Colorado, Toronto, Edmonton)
Funny that Colorado's only loss is against that retirement home of a declining team known as The Red Wings.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm kinda happy that the Jets won last night, takes the pressure off the Leafs. I wouldn't want to be their first victory.

C Jones

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Fuck you for making us lose last night Spire!

As it should be! ;)

Always makes me wonder what Lemieux's lifetime stats would have been if he stayed healthy. :(
I didn't want to call him out but yeah, I have to agree. Spire put the hex on the Pens and Winnipeg came out the gate with that NHL 12 A.I.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
pringles said:
Funny that Colorado's only loss is against that retirement home of a declining team known as The Red Wings.

Don't worry, the effect from all that arthritic cream they're using will wear off soon

Pickles the Firecat said:
Anyone know if Gamecenter works on Touchpad? I've been staying at the office late pretty often and I might just bite the bullet and watch games there.
Works fine on my Galaxy Tab, so probably would be ok. You might want to set it to stream at a set rate though, instead of Adaptive or Best Available. When mine changes bit rate, the video cuts out for a few seconds.

MacAttack

Big game for Montreal tonight?

I know it's still early but I read that if they lose tonight it would be the worst start for the team in over a decade. Plus playing a quality division opponent is usually a game you want to to win.

The Boston-Chicago game had a similar feeling, just wondering how much a win/loss would mean to Montreal fans tonight.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
C Jones said:
I didn't want to call him out but yeah, I have to agree. Spire put the hex on the Pens and Winnipeg came out the gate with that NHL 12 A.I.

I could feel it coming all day long, I had to say it. If it makes you feel any better I have no such premonitions about tonight's game.

MacAttack said:
Big game for Montreal tonight?

I know it's still early but I read that if they lose tonight it would be the worst start for the team in over a decade. Plus playing a quality division opponent is usually a game you want to to win.

The Boston-Chicago game had a similar feeling, just wondering how much a win/loss would mean to Montreal fans tonight.
If they win it is a big deal, if they lose it doesn't matter.

C Jones

Spire said:
I could feel it coming all day long, I had to say it. If it makes you feel any better I have no such premonitions about tonight's game.
Haha, yeah I'm just messing with you. I don't believe in that stuff.

...but I'm happy you are ok about tonight! Certainly not do or die but Pens could use a win tonight for sure. It would be pretty cool if they could try and score first or something. This 2 goal deficit stuff isn't quite working out.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
C Jones said:
Haha, yeah I'm just messing with you. I don't believe in that stuff.

...but I'm happy you are ok about tonight! Certainly not do or die but Pens could use a win tonight for sure. It would be pretty cool if they could try and score first or something. This 2 goal deficit stuff isn't quite working out.

Here's how today will break down:

- Letang will get suspended for 1 game. (Strait has already been called up)

- We'll play with a roster that is 11 million under the salary floor.

- We'll still eek out a win thanks to a Matt Cooke hat trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom