• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fei

Montresor said:
How was Ennis's penalty weak? The replay went by way too fast for me but Ruff was absolutely convinced it was bad.

Did Gionta break his own stick?

Yeah. Ennis dove and knocked the puck away clean. Meanwhile Gionta tried to block out Ennis with his stick, snapping it on the ice. There was literally no contact between Ennis' stick and Gionta's.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
Yep. On the plus side, everything else we are doing incredibly well.

It only took 5 games, but this is the Habs team I love so much finally back on the ice.
Yep this is a fantastic game for them, if they could play like this regularly they could contend for top division spot easy, such great puck support and cyclig going on.

Solo

Its only game 5, but Patches looks like a legitimate PPG player. Goddamn. Don't think we've had a player put up 82 since Kovalev.

alexthekid said:
Can Penis or Sazabi update me on Markstroms play? It sounded like the first goal was a softie?
It was, he was solid from them on but might have drifted a tad to the left which gave Semin a better look at the net. He sniped blocker side on the second goal.

Kid looks big in net. I like him.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"Brick, when's the last time the Bruins played well in this building with Dave Lewis in the house?"

(silence)

Slurmer

Banned
yankeehater said:
Flyers have been so sloppy this period, it was only a matter of time befroe the Sens scored. Hopefully this wakes the Flyers up.

kind of hoping walker gets sent down after this and philly can bring up schenn.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Kelly took out the Headless Horseman!
I'm fucking dying here, what a great knockdown

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I know we're ahead and playing better than the Wild, but if we win this I will be kind of surprised. We came into this with our roster destroyed and we just lost two more in that period (hopefully just for this game). It's almost comical at this point.

Solo

I don't think I can properly put into words how frustrating it is to be thoroughly dominating a game and yet be losing.

Great snipe by Vanek.

E-DuB

What the hell was that in the Mtl-Buf game?
KuGsj.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Solo said:
I don't think I can properly put into words how frustrating it is to be thoroughly dominating a game and yet be losing.

Great snipe by Vanek.

Sabres know what to do against Price, that's the difference. Habs don't know what to do about Miller, they just shoot.

MPW

who the fuck was that who iced the puck for no reason? smh

time to step up and win it for habs mr. 4.5m dollar man

Solo

Ether_Snake said:
Sabres know what to do against Price, that's the difference. Habs don't know what to do about Miller, they just shoot.

That is NEVER a bad strategy in hockey. Never. Habs need to keep playing the way they have been for 40 minutes in the third, but they need to cut out the mental mistakes.

Slurmer

Banned
Spire said:
I know we're ahead and playing better than the Wild, but if we win this I will be kind of surprised. We came into this with our roster destroyed and we lost two more in that period (hopefully just for this game). It's almost comical at this point.

They almost had the most points in the East last season and took Tampa to 7 games, all with a depleted and mostly terrible roster. They've got some kind of swagger that keeps them competitive at all times, or a voodoo curse over the rest of the NHL.

Fei

Ether_Snake said:

In Price's defense, not too many goalies in the league can stop Vanek point blank like that.

Slurmer said:
kind of hoping walker gets sent down after this and philly can bring up schenn.

That shift where he took the 2 penalties was horrible. I would love to see Schenn come up with how well he is doing.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Solo said:

Great snipe by Vanek.

All you Habs fans are giving me flashbacks to the Caps/Pens game. Outshot them 41 to 19 (including 12 to 3 in the 1st period, 18 to 3 in the 3rd) and still lost. I wanted to scream.

vatstep

Horton is quite the meathead

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Solo said:
That is NEVER a bad strategy in hockey. Never. Habs need to keep playing the way they have been for 40 minutes in the third, but they need to cut out the mental mistakes.

It's not a bad thing to shoot but you can tell Buffalo studied Price. I don't get the same feeling about Miller.

edit: What's happening with Boston?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom