• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Slurmer said:
Flyers playing better toward end of the 1st. Giroux-Jagr-JVR line looks good, Read too

edit: POWER
PLAY
GOAL
It won't look too good when Giroux ends up with a separated shoulder trying that move on a regular basis.

E-DuB

Marvie_3 said:
I'd be surprised to find one person who isn't sick of him.
Seriously though, do you think they'd ever pull the plug on him? He used to have some good insight- and when I say used to I mean ten years ago- but you can tell the older he gets the more out of touch he gets.

Solo

E-DuB said:
Seriously though, do you think they'd ever pull the plug on him? He used to have some good insight- and when I say used to I mean ten years ago- but you can tell the older he gets the more out of touch he gets.

They tried to can him about 5 or 6 years ago. Hell was unleashed by his legion of dumbass fans and they re-signed him. I actually think Maclean threatened to walk too if they didn't re-sign Cherry.

Basically there are only 2 ways Cherry leaves - either he decides to retire, or he dies.

Montresor

X26 said:
he really doesn't seem to give a fuck tonight, usually he holds back at least a little bit

you never go full retard don, you just don't

That's true. Cherry was ridiculous tonight. He complained about the wrong call too. Schenn might not have boarded the Hab but it looked like he committed a penalty anyway reaching around with his hand. Liles's penalty looked weak.

So far Reimer and the penalty kill have done a good job but the forwards need to wake up now!

Socreges

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
Everyone complains about officiating. Fuck off with this shit already.
Every potential offense is glaring and inexcusable when you suffer from a shitty team. If the Leafs ever return to success, I figure you guys will tone it down. Until then, you and your pals are unique in your complaining and will continue getting shit for it.

Wendel Clark said:
they want a no hit league
Yep. The moment Crosby aka meal ticket went down and complained that Steckel did it on purpose, the NHL had to step in and do something.

They're following the NFL in pussying the league up.

Montresor

Socreges said:
Every potential offense is glaring and inexcusable when you suffer from a shitty team. If the Leafs ever return to success, I figure you guys will tone it down. Until then, you and your pals are unique in your complaining and will continue getting shit for it.

Yeah you have Leaf fans figures out.

Socreges

Banned
Doytch said:
oh shit, a leafs lead.
This is what I say we do now:

Extrapolate the fuck out of this goal. 60-goal season for Lombardi? Why not! Leafs to make the playoffs? Certainly looks like it! Leafs > Habs, proving Manics right? Was there ever any doubt!

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
...what the fuck are you doing here?
not living in toronto anymore means i have no real people to talk to re:leafs. fuck the canes.

Socreges said:

Extrapolate the fuck out of this goal. 60-goal season for Lombardi? Why not! Leafs to make the playoffs? Certainly looks like it! Leafs > Habs, proving Manics right? Was there ever any doubt!
I'm on board, can we use the clark macarthur model?

Revenant

Socreges said:

10 year reign of leafs confirmed.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Kessel what a beast backcheck

one of those terms must be wrong

Razorskin

----- ------
SuperSonic1305 said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Every fucking season people invent these things in their imagination that we complain about. Fucking straw men all over the place.
The leafs and their fans shouldnt be harping on some bad calls by the refs, they should be figuring out what they were doing wrong in the 1st period.

Cactus

Banned
Razorskin said:
The leafs and their fans shouldnt be harping on some bad calls by the refs, they should be figuring out what they were doing wrong in the 1st period.
I don't think it's impossible for a Leafs fan to both dislike the Schenn penalty and admit that the team was outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom