• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
Montresor said:
Kostytsyn with a bullshit penalty in which Liles embellishes a bit. It would be justified to complain about that. A shame most of you Hab fan counts would look like hypocrites if you did so.
We don't make excuses unlike some here.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Heff to be mad after that save if you're Marchand

Solo

Third period:
- put Cole with Cammy and Plek - thats what you got him for
- two D-men on the point on the PP plz

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Terrible period for habs, price showing flashes of brilliance once again and it's time to move Cole to the second line. Campoli is injured which doesn't surprise me in the least with our luck. Time for Cole to step it up and do what he was paid for.

Montresor

Razorskin said:
Making a very good obversation about the state of leafs fans on this board. HF boards quality.

Listen closely. I'm a Leaf fan and I criticized their play in the first period. I cannot have been the only one to do so, but even if I was, your statement "All they do is talk about reffing" in response to "Leaf fans can criticize reffing and criticize the Leafs too" is still completely and utterly incorrect. You have no room to question the posting standards of other Leaf fans.

Solo

Can both sides shut up about the reffing please? At least its been consistent, and thats ALL you can ask for. Bad calls on both sides. Fair.

Razorskin

----- ------
Montresor said:
Listen closely. I'm a Leaf fan and I criticized their play in the first period. I cannot have been the only one to do so, but even if I was, your statement "All they do is talk about reffing" in response to "Leaf fans can criticize reffing and criticize the Leafs too" is still completely and utterly incorrect. You have no room to question the posting standards of other Leaf fans.
You're taking this very personnaly, don't.

Solo

God, Im gonna get it mercilessly at work tomorrow if the Habs lose :lol

Been shit talking the Leafs fans for weeks now.

Montresor

Razorskin said:
We don't make excuses unlike some here.

Yeah you can hide behind that weak response if you want to. Diving and embellishment is a ludicrous and gutless practice and it's always worth pointing out. You don't have to be making excuses to point it out, you just have to be against diving in general.

In fact one poster here mentioned that the Gorges high-sticking call might have been a bogus call, suggesting Steckel faked it. Steckel's reaction to the alleged high stick was very strong. I didn't catch the replay so I don't know if he dived for sure, and I hope he didn't. But if he did it would be completely worth mentioning it and discussing it. But it's too late for you. You'd look like a hypocrite if you complained about a penalty.

Razorskin

----- ------
SuperSonic1305 said:
Show me one person who is making excuses because of the refs. We aren't even losing.
Remember when you blamed reffing in two weeks of games as the reason the leafs lost? I do.

Solo

Really curious to see the feel of the final period. Habs had the fire in the first, Leafs had it and more in the second. No idea what to expect in the third. No Muller in the locker room to fire guys up, and I don't know if Cunneyworth (his replacement) is that kind of guy. Probably up to Gio to fire the guys up.

Solo

Habs only came back to win ONE game last season when trailing after two. We need to improve on that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom