• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bonesmccoy said:
With a lot of hard work, and a bit of luck, Kessel could be the next Sars Eller!
Nobody said Eller would be better than Kessel. I, on the other hand, said he'd be better than Kadri. Where is Kadri, though? Is he still injured, as always, or is he playing in the AHL, which he does when he's healthy?

Socreges

Banned
Buba Big Guns said:
I think the funniest stat is that it's only 5 games in.
They seriously sound no different than last year.

tumblr_lj3jrhkhRz1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Puddles

Banned
I grabbed Kessel in like the 10th round of my draft. Between him and Kopitar, I'm kicking ass right now. Wish I'd taken Simon Gagne as well, but after Kopitar and Doughty, I didn't want to be that guy who takes all his hometown players. Oh well. On the other hand, I'm kinda hurting with both Doughty and Jeff Carter on IR.

Interesting that the Sharks are starting so poorly. Selanne owns them for whatever reason, so I expect them to rebound once they aren't playing the Ducks every other game.

Cactus

Banned
Foreign Jackass said:
Nobody said Eller would be better than Kessel. I, on the other hand, said he'd be better than Kadri. Where is Kadri, though? Is he still injured, as always, or is he playing in the AHL, which he does when he's healthy?
Kadri is always injured? That's news to me. I think this is his first injury since joining the team and it isn't even serious.

As for the AHL thing, he was sent there while the Leafs are on their road trip for post-injury conditioning. He'll be playing with the Leafs soon enough...especially if Armstrong's injury is serious.

I just want to say, that Kessel goal was beautiful and the pass from Dion Phaneuf was crisp! Lovely goal!

Who scored the winner for us? Someone please update me?

Lupul got a lucky goal.

Steckel, this kid is amazing when it comes to winning faceoffs, what a critical player.

Imagine if we had Connoly, our first line would be ripping it. Not to take away anything from Bozak, dude's been playing great.

I guess I'm the only leaf fan here that will be saying this but Reimer is AVERAGE. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, but the way leaf fans have been talking about him, you expect him to be Ed Belfour, Curtis Joseph or something. He's really been playing average at best.

He does make awesome saves SOMETIMES, but I haven't seen a game this season yet from him where he lets in less than 2 goals.

We act like he's the second coming of christ.... And people compare him to Price. Please. Give me Price and Montreal can keep Reimer!

But if he can improve his play, I'll be more than happy. I like the kid too.

Cactus said:
So what happens around here when the Leafs don't go 1-8-2 in their next 11 games?

As a leaf fan, I don't want to findout but I love that the leafs are doing well. Can't wait to see all the leafs shit talkers just hide away in their caves.

If the leafs do somehow start doing really bad after our good start so far, you won't see any of the leaf fans here except for the select few that are regulars.

Quick

Banned
Cactus said:
Kadri is always injured? That's news to me. I think this is his first injury since joining the team and it isn't even serious.

As for the AHL thing, he was sent there while the Leafs are on their road trip for post-injury conditioning. He'll be playing with the Leafs soon enough...especially if Armstrong's injury is serious.

Kadri developing into a glassy Nik Antropov of years back!
lololololololololololololol

And yeah, first injury. He's in the AHL for some conditioning and possibly more development time.

I had to step out, so I was only able to catch the first two periods. Holy shit at Kessel's goal.

FortunateSon said:
He does make awesome saves SOMETIMES, but I haven't seen a game this season yet from him where he lets in less than 2 goals.

We act like he's the second coming of christ.... And people compare him to Price. Please. Give me Price and Montreal can keep Reimer!

I don't know why you'd say he's average after this game. The first goal he was screened and the next two were because of complete defensive breakdowns, not average goaltending.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
FortunateSon said:
I just want to say, that Kessel goal was beautiful and the pass from Dion Phaneuf was crisp! Lovely goal!

Who scored the winner for us? Someone please update me?

Lupul got a lucky goal.

Steckel, this kid is amazing when it comes to winning faceoffs, what a critical player.

Imagine if we had Connoly, our first line would be ripping it. Not to take away anything from Bozak, dude's been playing great.

I guess I'm the only leaf fan here that will be saying this but Reimer is AVERAGE. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, but the way leaf fans have been talking about him, you expect him to be Ed Belfour, Curtis Joseph or something. He's really been playing average at best.

Stop posting please.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Marvie_3 said:
lol @ Leafs fans over-hyping their team again. The 4 teams they've beaten have a combined 12 points in 21 games.

You should do the same.

Dont tell me you can read his posts without cringing. Dont lie to me.

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Stop posting please.

Please, I think you are one of the worst posters in this thread. By far, the worst.

You are like a blind fan. I bet you would be the one telling the world that Aki Berg was the best defensive player we've had. Ballard was the best general manager the leafs had.

And you still can't get over the fact that Wendel Clark was traded for Sundin!

I don't understand how people even tolerate you or your nonsensical posts at any given time.

At least tell me what's wrong with my posts before you decide to input your useless 2 cents in a way that doesn't contribute to the overall conversation.

Yay, seriously. Stop posting.

See? So easy.

Heretic said:
Civil War!

Nah. I'm just going to ignore him even if he does reply.

By the way, your ducks are doing extremely well. Crazy huh? Selanne has been a beast and dude was thinking about retiring. Lol.

Edit: Just realized the quick edit. Very stealthy.

Heretic

FortunateSon said:

By the way, your ducks are doing extremely well. Crazy huh? Selanne has been a beast and dude was thinking about retiring. Lol.

Edit: Just realized the quick edit. Very stealthy.
Yeah. The team is fortunate that his knee surgery went really well. Last time we started this well was in '06 - '07 season and we did pretty well that year =p

The season is young though and, like with every team, we'll have our skid of bad games. I'm just glad we're not playing catch-up from the beginning for once.

Also, the leafs are ok in my book. You have Lupul who we trained well for you guys ;) and its great to see him do well. I've had a soft spot for kessel since he got picked last at the all star game so its good to see him do well too. Us "picked last" guys need to stick together! Hope he has a good season not only for his sake but for Manics' account too haha.

Heretic said:
Yeah. The team is fortunate that his knee surgery went really well. Last time we started this well was in '06 - '07 season and we did pretty well that year =p

The season is young though and, like with every team, we'll have our skid of bad games. I'm just glad we're not playing catch-up from the beginning for once.

Also, the leafs are ok in my book. You have Lupul who we trained well for you guys ;) and its great to see him do well. I've had a soft spot for kessel since he got picked last at the all star game so its good to see him do well too. Us "picked last" guys need to stick together! Hope he has a good season not only for his sake but for Manics' account too haha.

Yeah. You guys won the cup but I was happy because it wasn't the senators that won it. Thank god. I think us leaf fans owe you a big thank you for that. Hahaha. :p

And did Selanne have his knee surgery this off-season or was it prior to that? Iirc, it was before; they were even saying how he might not play this season or was that false? Doesn't matter anyways but I was just curious.

And thanks for Lupul, fleeced! Kidding. Kessel is just crazy right now. What's going to happen with the manics account thing?

Aulie is also in the minors which seemed crazy

Do you think he will be called up?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cactus said:
So what happens around here when the Leafs don't go 1-8-2 in their next 11 games?
People will still wait and see? Kessel obviously won't continue playing at this pace as he's shown before, and hes been the majority of the leafs offence combined with Reimer not playing as great as expected in the last two games it will be interesting to see them play games against playoff teams (insert habs 1-3-1 record joke here) I don't understand how leaf fans bitch about all the hate they get when they celebrate starts like this after the team has show it means shit all. Not trying to troll here, just real talk, after last years start you'd think you guys would wait a bit before celebrating like this.

FortunateSon said:
It's for the best, you seem like one of the most level headed leaf fans, and the guy is a pure troll, any response is a waste of time.

Red_Man said:
People will still wait and see? Kessel obviously won't continue playing at this pace as he's shown before, and hes been the majority of the leafs offence combined with Reimer not playing as great as expected in the last two games it will be interesting to see them play games against playoff teams (insert habs 1-3-1 record joke here) I don't understand how leaf fans bitch about all the hate they get when they celebrate starts like this after the team has show it means shit all. Not trying to troll here, just real talk, after last years start you'd think you guys would wait a bit before celebrating like this.

Kessel is motivated. You don't know if he can continue at this pace and neither do I but he's been exceptional 5 games in. All of his goals has been because he's skating hard and getting to the puck quicker and taking a nice shot that beats the goalie, there was that 1 or 2 garbage goals he got though.

Hopefully he keeps up.

I agree Reimer hasn't been great but neither has Price been great. Your team is off to a horrible start, your offense can barely get going. Your defence is shitting the bed. Andrei Markov is definitely missed and the dude got a 3 year extension at 5.5 million, what the fuck? He's so injury prone. For Montreal's sakes, I hope he comes back because otherwise, your blueline is not even a threat.

That's real talk bud. :p

Heretic

FortunateSon said:
Yeah. You guys won the cup but I was happy because it wasn't the senators that won it. Thank god. I think us leaf fans owe you a big thank you for that. Hahaha. :p

And did Selanne have his knee surgery this off-season or was it prior to that? Iirc, it was before; they were even saying how he might not play this season or was that false? Doesn't matter anyways but I was just curious.

And thanks for Lupul, fleeced! Kidding. Kessel is just crazy right now. What's going to happen with the manics account thing?

Do you think he will be called up?
He had surgery this off-season but that knee has been bothering him for almost a decade. Ducks announcers mentioned that the lock out really helped him since he spent most of that time rehabilitating.

He was really vocal about him returning ONLY if he felt 100% before training camp started.

And Manics made a permaban bet on the Leafs making the playoff. Come on, Leafs!

Puddles

Banned
Kessel might not continue at this pace, but will Kopitar? Obviously he won't score 148 points, but can he reach 100 this year, barring injury? Dude is a boss, and he's only 24. I think he definitely breaks 90.

Heretic

Puddles said:
Kessel might not continue at this pace, but will Kopitar? Obviously he won't score 148 points, but can he reach 100 this year, barring injury? Dude is a boss, and he's only 24. I think he definitely breaks 90.
Who?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
FortunateSon said:
Kessel is motivated. You don't know if he can continue at this pace and neither do I but he's been exceptional 5 games in. All of his goals has been because he's skating hard and getting to the puck quicker and taking a nice shot that beats the goalie, there was that 1 or 2 garbage goals he got though.

Hopefully he keeps up.

I agree Reimer hasn't been great but neither has Price been great. Your team is off to a horrible start, your offense can barely get going. Your defence is shitting the bed. Andrei Markov is definitely missed and the dude got a 3 year extension at 5.5 million, what the fuck? He's so injury prone. For Montreal's sakes, I hope he comes back because otherwise, your blueline is not even a threat.

That's real talk bud. :p
You know what the difference is? Price has shown he can bounce back and Habs have made it to the eastern conference without Markov, and guess what Markovs injury last year was a freak accident, and normal recovery time for his surgery is a year, so him playing before December is a surprise. Kessel has shown great starts (7 goals in 8 games last year) and followed up with big cold streaks, while the only thing Riemer has produced is a decent half season which a lot of goaltenders can claim. Habs have the the 3rd most shots per game in the NHL and the fewest shots per game allowed, which shows you're full of bullshit and don't actually watch the games but spew your talk like most leaf fans. Our biggest problem has been Price who has been sub-par but has shown he can bounce back. Habs could easily be 3-1-1 right now, so next time you start trying to compare a team who hasn't made the playoffs in 6 years to one who's made it 5 times in 6 years get your facts right. Real talk.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Epic Tales of Penis said:
What's with all the Leafs hate? :lol

Combination of just hating on the Leafs, but more to do with some of Leafs-GAF overhyping the team after 5 games.

Same as now basically.

I'm actually a bit worried, if the Leafs continue to do well this season we all know the "lifelongs" will start randomly appearing. I don't think I'm ready for that even as a Leafs fan.

Manics

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
lol @ Leafs fans over-hyping their team again. The 4 teams they've beaten have a combined 12 points in 21 games.

You should do the same.
Who's overhyping? Leafs fans just believe we have a shot at the playoffs this season.

MPW

habs vs pens

will cole and gomez (combined almost 12m in salary) score tonight and earn their salary for once?

cheddar

Neo Member
Brayden Schenn will be starting his NHL season tonight against the Caps! He had 4 goals and 4 assists in his 4 AHL games.

Solo

I hope they dress Cammy tonight. Need a spark. Goddamn Montreal team docs always keep players off the ice too long though, so I suspect this will be no different. There is being safe and there is being paranoid.

Spl1nter

Tweet
Ray Ferraro
rayferrarotsn Ray Ferraro
Assuming Leafs have called up Nazem Kadri..he's sitting across the aisle from me on flt to Boston

Vega

Price going for his 100th win.
Doesn't look good for the Pens. We are great at letting opposing players hit milestones against us.
Hope Geno and Orpik are ready to go. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom