• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Leafs repeat their first 5 game effort of last year.... what will happen in the next 10 games this year? Find out in the next few weeks. Same bat time, same bat channel!

Solo said:
Leafs repeat their first 5 game effort of last year.... what will happen in the next 10 games this year? Find out in the next few weeks. Same bat time, same bat channel!

But Phaneuf didn't get his leg sliced in half this time!

Solo said:
No Reimer at that point and since then Ovechkin and Kessel have traded identities.

HEART!!!

Leafs play like shit and still get two points.

sQ2NF.jpg

Not really.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Solo said:

Take it for what it's worth but everyone on the team has been very cautious this year. They've been saying since game 1 that they know they went into the shitter last year and need to show they're a better team now.

Sandman42

Man, I don't know what to think of this team. We look like shit one period and gods in another.

All I know is that it feels awesome to win 9 out of 10 points at home!

Cactus

Banned
Zombie James said:
Leafs play like shit and still get two points.

Not really.
We would have lost this game last year though. We rarely (if ever) came back to win a game that we were losing by two goals after two.

Erdrick

Dammit. A point is better than no point. Should have won that game, but gotta move on and take what we learned and do better against Ottawa. Leafs 2nd goal was a lucky break for them (And a bad one for Enstrom.) Oduya still gives me heart attacks when he has the puck in our end. Good pressure finally near the end of the OT, but not nearly enough.

Why the HELL did they put Wellwood on a shootout? Was better than Antropov's so called attempt Vs. Phoenix but that's saying very little, really.

Well played, Leafs. I despise your franchise and some of the insane fans, but you guys fought hard and earned those points.

#Respect

Doytch

SuperSonic1305 said:
Another nhl.com pun. Do they hire people specifically to come up with this shit.
I dunno but how do you have "depth" in your title and not have pics of Leafs???

We would have lost this game last year though. We rarely (if ever) came back to win a game that we were losing by two goals after two.
Wat? You don't remember tht huge string of comebacks that prompted jokes about getting down by two instead of one since the Leafs kept coming back from down two?

Cactus said:

Yeah, I know, but this was Winnipeg. Any other team (except for maybe Ottawa and Montreal) and I don't think they'd pull it off. Second period was horrible, and the special teams... yikes.

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Thanks for the stats.

16/18 on the draws is just fucking insane.
You know I hated Wilson last year but he's getting into neo-coaching territory so far. He identified Steckel's dominance and threw him into the PP, worked.

Solo

I think Kessel's point production is directly correlated with how fat he gets. He's gonna have a "big" season, if you catch my drift.

sQrk0.png

I don't get this pun.

Solo said:
I think Kessel's point production is directly correlated with how fat he gets. He's gonna have a "big" season, if you catch my drift.

He's in better shape. Better. I think there's a correlation between Leaf wins and you getting facts wrong.

Sandman42

Like seriously though, David Steckel? Unreal how good he is in the faceoff dot. I love Ron Wilson's strategy of just putting him on to win any draw that needs winning and then skating off for someone more talented immediately.

If this guy had any skill at all he'd be amazing.

Cactus

Banned
Doytch said:
Wat? You don't remember tht huge string of comebacks that prompted jokes about getting down by two instead of one since the Leafs kept coming back from down two?

Hmm, actually, you might be right. After checking, the team won 5 games last season in which they were trailing after two periods, but I don't know how many of those were 2+ goal comebacks.

Sandman42 said:
Like seriously though, David Steckel? Unreal how good he is in the faceoff dot. I love Ron Wilson's strategy of just putting him on to win any draw that needs winning and then skating off for someone more talented immediately.

If this guy had any skill at all he'd be amazing.
He actually stayed on and they got two PP goals.

Doytch

Merguson said:
So.. we have RIM to thank for creating a magical device that swaps talent?

Quick, someone bag that device and get Crosby to take a picture of Bozak.
Too bad RIM didn't realize they should just use the thing themselves on a trip to NorCal.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Really not looking forward to getting shredded by Lord Kessel tomorrow night.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Interesting stat: phaneuf hasn't been on the ice for a goal against yet and he's been playing 25 minutes a game

Wtfisupwiththat

Tabris

It's October, where Leafs are top in the league, and Phil Kessel has 'Hart', and that's what's up with that.

Once the top teams start going, that won't be happening. Boston, Vancouver, Tampa Bay and San Jose are all at the bottom right now. Those are the top 4 finalists last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom