• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
Slurmer said:
Versus bottom line just had Toronto-1 Montreal-0 FINAL and I had to check..

so, how good is Reimer looking?
Well, perfect so far, but the habs are looking worse the more they play.

Doytch

Slurmer said:
Versus bottom line just had Toronto-1 Montreal-0 FINAL and I had to check..

so, how good is Reimer looking?
if he holds onto the SHO, the narrative will change overnight from "can reimer repeat last year?" to "the leafs have their new franchise goalie!"

Doytch

that carey price mask looks like something a 10-year-old girl would make in bead class.

oh shit, nice. 2-0.

Socreges

Banned
Question for Jets fans from Winnipeg:

Would it be fair to say that part of the reason for the reaction of the Jets returning because of the return of relevance to Winnipeg on the national (and North American) stage? It would be sub-conscious and immeasurable, but something you could comment on.

Solo

ZERO offensive pressure. None. Price can only hold the fort so long when the play is in his end 95% of the time.

Socreges

Banned
Great shot by Phaneuf. Great delayed reaction. Terrible turnover by Montreal. Price is the only Hab that looks any good.

Socreges

Banned
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Already 2 points for Phaneuf, and we haven't even finished one game. Fuck, he's gonna have a monster season this year.
THIS is what I had been waiting for. You guys were holding back!

X26

Banned
not going to write the game off yet, but if they don't wake up soon it's only going to get worse

I didn't expect the habs to be amazing this season, but I also didn't expect them to be this bad either

Solo

Coincidence that the second Martin finally puts Cole on the first and AK on the third line that we start playing better? I think not. Martin you fucking dummy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not sure what's up with PK this game, we've also missed a lot of rebounds and open nets there needs to be more people infront of the net.

MPW

cole looks lost out there, missed open net lol

i knew habs were fucked after they failed to score in 1st

oh and gomez is shit

sent him down to the minors

Socreges

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
15-6 faceoffs. No wonder he was #1 in the league.
No wonder. Before he had won so many faceoffs tonight, I had thought he was #1 because he sucked a lot of referee dick.

MPW said:
cole looks lost out there, missed open net lol

i knew habs were fucked after they failed to score in 1st

oh and gomez is shit

sent him down to the minors
Dude i have to admit that you know your hockey. You outlined your Habs concerns and have been spot on while other fans like Solo openly mocked you.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah this third period has really wound down in terms of energy

Like they're playing shinny or something

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, I'm not even watching the Habs game but the fans have gotta be concerned. I think there's a very real chance that they don't win a single game this season.

Solo

Aside from Price, who played great and got no help, every other facet of our game tonight was totally subpar. How do you not get up for the first game of the season?

Oh well, another 0-1 start, lolz.

MacAttack

Seems like the Bruins shot their load in the first with the momentum of emotion from the banner ceremony. They needed to score more early, now they are scrambling to score while the Flyers are clamping down defensively. Lets GO PP!!

Razorskin

----- ------
vatstep said:
Wow, I'm not even watching the Habs game but the fans have gotta be concerned. I think there's a very real chance that they don't win a single game this season.
Don't worry Price will steal a couple of wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom