• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Tabris said:
23 goals last year, not that many bad shots. He had a better scoring percentage than 3 other players who shot more than him last year, Henrik Zetterburg, Joe Pavelski and Dustin Byufglein.
Every player in the top 50 in goals scored last year had a better % than Booth.

Tabris said:
I would have to say that's pretty good. And that's on a bad team, let's see what he can do on this one.
What the fuck does your scoring percentage have to do with the team you're on? If you're 12th in the league in shots, yet aren't in the top 50 in goals and have a lower % than those 50, you're doing something wrong.

C-Jo said:
Murder-suicide.
:lol

Tabris

Acid08 said:
Think about this statement. Just think for a second.

I knew I would get either CrazedArabMan or Acid08 on that statement. He shot basically the same. 280 vs 282 (Pavelski) or 306 (Zetterburg). And the comment was on "bad shots" (i.e. non goals), so my comment stands on those 3 having more "bad shots".

C-Jo

Reinprecht will likely get buried in the AHL, and that's where Sturm deserved to be, so those two are a wash.

I liked Samuelsson, but his age and injuries are clearly catching up with him, so I definitely consider Booth to be an upgrade.

Plus we get a pick on top of it. Not a world changing deal, but lol Panthers none the less.

pringles said:
They rarely play 3 bad periods, especially against good teams, so I'm not giving up yet. They had some good chances but Vokoun outplayed Conklin pretty badly in that period, that along with a terrible penalty by Bertuzzi and an even worse turnover by Emmerton has been the difference.

We'll see, I just hope the first isn't an indication of the rest of the game and they actually show up here in the 2nd.

Acid08

Banned
Tabris said:
I knew I would get either CrazedArabMan or Acid08 on that statement. He shot basically the same. 280 vs 282 (Pavelski) or 306 (Zetterburg). And the comment was on "bad shots" (i.e. non goals), so my comment stands on those 3 having more "bad shots".
I didn't comment on it because you decided to use Pavs as an example, it's because it was a stupid statement. Marvies got ya covered on that though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Holy shit Cole actually had a shift were he looked like he wanted to score. This could get ugly depends how he habs pull out in the second, reimer has made so big saves so far.

Erdrick

The Jets actually came back at the end of the 1st and have tied the game after 1 at 2-2. Carolina's been taking many penalties, so by all means continue to do so. =)

Burmistrov seems to get more impressive every game we play. I have to admit the line he's been on with Antropov and Wellwood has actually been one of the best ones for us. Not saying much, but still.

Pavelic was pulled and Mason was brought in and it seemed to light a fire under the Jets, so good on them for coming back thus far.

Too bad from what I hear on Detroit and Washington, but even great teams have to lose sometimes. Of course, it's only the end of the first at this point, so Detroit could win. Just never good to be down 2-0 in any game.

Solo

Red_Man said:
Holy shit Cole actually had a shift were he looked like he wanted to score.

Indeed. He actually asserted himself for the first time, and when he did, he couldn't be moved off the puck.

Tabris

Marvie_3 said:
Every player in the top 50 in goals scored last year had a better % than Booth.

I would hope so. No one is expecting him to be in top 50 goals scored. I am hoping 25 goals.

My statement was in response to the bad shots comment, and I commented there was 3 other players above him that had "bad shots" as they didn't score on them to invalidate his comment cause those 3 players are gold.

Tabris said:

You wanted me to comment on something, dang, I just ignore you half the time now too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
Indeed. He actually asserted himself for the first time, and when he did, he couldn't be moved off the puck.
It was beautiful, hopefully we some more of that.

Sweet, Detroit still playing how they were in the first, Gears of War time I guess.

Knew this was gonna happen, had a great day yesterday, and so far today has been meh... this is just the icing on the cake.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If the Wings can get a powerplay or something this period and score, they have a chance. But if they don't get at least one here, this game is ending 4-0/4-1.

beast786

CrazedArabMan said:
Sweet, Detroit still playing how they were in the first, Gears of War time I guess.

Knew this was gonna happen, had a great day yesterday, and so far today has been meh... this is just the icing on the cake.

Look tired and stupid penalties.

pringles

Wingfan19 said:
If the Wings can get a powerplay or something this period and score, they have a chance. But if they don't get at least one here, this game is ending 4-0/4-1.
They don't even need a PP, just gotta stay out of the box. 5-on-5 this game has been even, maybe even with a slight edge for the Wings. Just bad penalties and Conklin not stopping anything has brought them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom