• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

Hmm despite the one 5-on-3 goal the Wings PP hasn't looked good this game. Should have been able to score atleast one more there, now we're still 2 goals down and the refs will be looking for a reason to put the Caps back on the man advantage.

Solo

Alright, Martin. Put Weber and Subban on the point for the PP, with Cammy/Pleks/AK.

There, I just did a better job than you will when you put Subban and Pleks on the point with Darche/Cammy/DD.

delta25

Banned
Red_Man said:
I was referring to Rosehill jabbing subban while he's down on the ice. I haven't had a problem with Phaneuf tonight.

No but I have a problem with both of them, don't get me wrong I like both the leafs and the Habs, but I absolutely despise both players.

One hit wonders. :)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wow Conklin. I blame you for this loss. And we will lose. What's happened to Conklin? Last time he was on Detroit he was awesome.

pringles

Wow the story of this game has really been the Wings being the better team but

Vokoun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Conklin

MacAttack

Alright, the Bruins have kept it close, now its time for the Sharks legs to fall off and the Bruins can score some goals.

There should be a nickname for someone who steps in front of a 100 MPH Chara slap shot. Insane?

And how about somebody covering the guy in front of the net? That second goal was EASHL level bad with both defensemen caught behind the net.

SpectreFire said:
Looks like Hodgson's days as a top six are over for now. Higgins-Keslord-Booth confined. The All American line. Hodgson will likely centre the 3rd line, Malhotra moves to left wing.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hodgson is sent down. The Canucks have too many forwards now (and there's still Raymond) and Hodgson needs top-six minutes. He'll get that in Chicago.

CCF23

When the Canucks are healthy:

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Hodgson-Malhotra-Raymond
Bitz/Weise-Lapierre-Hansen

Depth.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
God, Detroit's PK is just terrible. 5 goals allowed on 18 times shorthanded. A sparkling 72%. Yet still good enough to be 27th in the NHL.

EDIT - WTF??? How has Pittsburgh only allowed ONE on 31 times being short????

calder

Damn Antropov is playing so well, really using his size. Very pleasent surprise , along with burmistrov.

But dammit shaw watching this in SD is awful. Fix your shit so the HD CBC channel is the local station wtf

Acid08

Banned
MacAttack said:
Alright, the Bruins have kept it close, now its time for the Sharks legs to fall off and the Bruins can score some goals.

There should be a nickname for someone who steps in front of a 100 MPH Chara slap shot. Insane?

And how about somebody covering the guy in front of the net? That second goal was EASHL level bad with both defensemen caught behind the net.
Uh...ok? Being down two goals is never good. You make it sound like it's a game plan.

Wingfan19 said:
God, Detroit's PK is just terrible. 5 goals allowed on 18 times shorthanded. A sparkling 72%. Yet still good enough to be 27th in the NHL.

EDIT - WTF??? How has Pittsburgh only allowed ONE on 31 times being short????
Caps got that one too!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boo the shit out of them fans what a fucking disgrace of a PP. what's the leafs PK % at? They're pretty aggressive i like it.

MacAttack

Bruins still in the habit of making the other teams goalie look good. 7th worst team shooting % in the league.

Big games for Niemi, Varlamov, Cam Ward twice and Bryz.

Solo

Montreal has the worst powerplay in the history of power plays. Also, our lack of a great face-off man has been killing us all season. DD and Enqvist suck at face-offs. So hard. Pleks and Eller are only average.

MacAttack

Acid08 said:
Uh...ok? Being down two goals is never good. You make it sound like it's a game plan.

I said before the games that the Bruins would have to win the game in the third and I'm trying to stay optomistic.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
Montreal has the worst powerplay in the history of power plays. Also, our lack of a great face-off man has been killing us all season. DD and Enqvist suck at face-offs. So hard.
I love DD guy is all heart but he couldn't win a save off if someone had a gun to his head. Theres something wrong with this team and its killing me watching it. Few people seem dialed in and realize this is the real deal. Can't really explain it, but my patience for Martin is wearing thin, 2 too many men penalties is both players issues and Martin fucking changing lines every shift. Also there's no excuse for darche on the #1 pp unit. None.

Solo

Yeah, Im at the point where I want Martin gone, and I've stood by the guy during the bad times. Because during those times, he was still tactically/gamplan-wise sound. Now he has gone off his fucking rocker.

2 things he does which piss me off to no end:
- 1 forechecker while everyone else sits in the neutral zone. Get a French-English dictionary and look up "aggressive" for the love of god, you need to learn it
- keeps his D-men sitting back outside the offensive zone. Forwards lose the puck? Sorry, offensive chance dead

MacAttack

As I was saying, you have to grind out these home games when the road teams come in swinging for the fences. Now we have a game again.

edit: SE-GUIN! (sung to the tune of SE-GA!)

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
I love DD guy is all heart but he couldn't win a save off if someone had a gun to his head. Theres something wrong with this team and its killing me watching it. Few people seem dialed in and realize this is the real deal. Can't really explain it, but my patience for Martin is wearing thin, 2 too many men penalties is both players issues and Martin fucking changing lines every shift. Also there's no excuse for darche on the #1 pp unit. None.
1z2dhjl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom