• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Razorskin said:
Now I feel bad for you.

edit: now I'm not sure if your serious or not

No the post I made right above yours was me admitting I made myself look really dumb. I complain about Steckel and then he scores on the powerplay.

I still dont like it. He is a face off master but he doesn't have the offensive skills to pass and shoot on the power play.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
I've seen enough of Booth in the South East while you've been performing cunnilingus on the Sedins and fellating Booth based on his NHL '11 stats.

He is not the same player he used to be.

wait you're telling me booth and erik cole arent power forwards?!?!?!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, this game isn't going well for Detroit.

Look forward to these teams meeting 8 times a year starting next year, though.

t0mp

flyers playing terribly.

guess that's what happens when you put fucking hartnell on the first line and ruin all the chemistry.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
WTF?! Florida trying to help Van win a Cup!?

All Booth needs is a good supporting cast to really light it up. Reins is an excellent role player. VANCOUVER ALSO GOT A DRAFT PICK OUT OF IT!?!?!?!?

Sturm has been playing like shit. Samuelsson will likely be a regular NHL player, but certainly not enough to balance this deal out.

Christ! I don't see ANY upsides for Florida here.

Tabris

Epic Tales of Penis said:
I've seen enough of Booth in the South East while you've been performing cunnilingus on the Sedins and fellating Booth based on his NHL '11 stats.

He is not the same player he used to be.

Actually I had him in my fantasy pool last year and was watching his stats/highlights closely. He takes a lot of shots (12th last year in the league). You take a player like that and play him with good players and you'll see some magic.

So Vancouver and Florida traded underachieving players whose careers have been affected by injury?

Booth is 26 though, while Sturm and Samuelsson are over 30. In terms of potential Vancouver won out, plus they also got a draft pick.

CrankyJay

Banned
HadesGigas said:
Tyler Ennis appears to be out injured after that run into the net early in the game. Hasn't played a shift since.

And yep, looks like Ville Leino is on the LW now on the Roy/Stafford line.

He came out to skate during the commercial break and went back to the dressing room. I'm going to say bone contusion.

Solo

What kind of a fucking retard puts Plekanec/Cammy on the point on the PP? What kind of retard puts Darche/Desharnais on the PP? What kind of retard doesn't put AK/Eller on the PP?

Martin, you fucking retard.

pringles

CrazedArabMan said:
Ugh, screw this, Detroit still looks tired from playing last night.
Doesn't help having Conklin in net either, his positioning on the 2nd goal was just awful. Don't know why Babcock didn't put him in against the offensively challenged Blue Jackets and save Howard for the Caps..

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
pringles said:
Doesn't help having Conklin in net either, his positioning on the 2nd goal was just awful. Don't know why Babcock didn't put him in against the offensively challenged Blue Jackets and save Howard for the Caps..
I'm sure it has to do with respect. It's insulting to the other team to be like, "Oh we're gonna just dress our backup since you guys suck so much".

Heretic

Solo said:
What kind of a fucking retard puts Plekanec/Cammy on the point on the PP? What kind of retard puts Darche/Desharnais on the PP? What kind of retard doesn't put AK/Eller on the PP?

Breathe, buddy. Breathe.

MPW

Solo said:

dude is trying to save his job, trying anything

or trying to get fired

who knows lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Tabris said:
Actually I had him in my fantasy pool last year and was watching his stats/highlights closely. He takes a lot of shots (12th last year in the league). You take a player like that and play him with good players and you'll see some magic.
So taking a lot of bad shots is going to spark an offense?

MacAttack

Fun Fact: Joe Thornton has played more games in a Bruins uniform than a Sharks one. By the end of this year he will have more games played for the Sharks.

Solo

Habs playing another shitty game. Leafs are honing in on our small, young D and its working. And we have no sustained offensive pressure. Le sigh.

Montresor

Is Bozak injured?

Who is the 12th forward for the Leafs?

I see Lupul, Kessel, Grabs, Kulemin, MacArthur, Steckel, Frattin, Kadri, Dupuis, Brown and Rosehill....

Nevermind, extra guy is Lombardi. I dunno what happened to Bozak.

C-Jo

Gillis manages to dump Sturm and get Samuelsson the fuck off the point? I don't even care who we got in return!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Florida got fleeced. Again.

TO be fair, they did get a good deal for Grabner, but then waived him.

Spl1nter

Montresor said:
Is Bozak injured?

Who is the 12th forward for the Leafs?

I see Lupul, Kessel, Grabs, Kulemin, MacArthur, Steckel, Frattin, Kadri, Dupuis, Brown and Rosehill....

you forgot lombardi, centering kessel and lupul

Heretic said:
Your team really does look tired. You can never count out the wings though.

Back to back will do that to you, but still doesn't excuse them for the dumb penalties and Conklin deciding not to show up. Though other guys look like they need to wake up here, seem to be skating in molasses.

Tabris

Marvie_3 said:
So taking a lot of bad shots is going to spark an offense?

23 goals last year, not that many bad shots. He had a better scoring percentage than 3 other players who shot more than him last year, Henrik Zetterburg, Joe Pavelski and Dustin Byufglein.

I would have to say that's pretty good. And that's on a bad team, let's see what he can do on this one.

pringles

CrazedArabMan said:
Caps are gonna win this, Detroit just doesn't look prepared to play this game tonight.
They rarely play 3 bad periods, especially against good teams, so I'm not giving up yet. They had some good chances but Vokoun outplayed Conklin pretty badly in that period, that along with a terrible penalty by Bertuzzi and an even worse turnover by Emmerton has been the difference.

Tabris said:
23 goals last year, not that many bad shots. He had a better scoring percentage than 3 other players who shot more than him last year, Henrik Zetterburg, Joe Pavelski and Dustin Byufglein.

I would have to say that's pretty good. And that's on a bad team, let's see what he can do on this one.
In all seriousness though, the Canucks have the greater potential to win this trade for obvious reasons.

Acid08

Banned
Tabris said:

Think about this statement. Just think for a second.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wow. Gillis once again impresses on the trade front. The fact that he got anything for Sturm is one thing, but Reinprecht and a draft pick? Not bad at all. Mikael was decent-to-good while he was here, but he's a slower healer than Salo and his PP work was iffy at best. I'm happy with this deal.

C-Jo said:
Murder-suicide.
I see nothing wrong with this post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom