• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Solo said:
Montreal has the worst powerplay in the history of power plays.

Have you see Detroit's PP this year? Dreadful.

plDx9.jpg

Solo

SuperSonic1305 said:
What happened? I'm hearing from co-workers that Price and Habs are grooming it up and killed Reimer

You heard wrong. Price took offense to being run and tripped the guy (which I loved; goalies need to have some backbone) and Gionta had accidental contact with Reimer which must have induced a concussion.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The worst thing about the habs this season is they have a terrible PP. We used to be able to stay in the other team's zone, with great control on the puck, passing it around looking for an opening. We can barely do that anymore.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Wingfan19 said:
EDIT - WTF??? How has Pittsburgh only allowed ONE on 31 times being short????

And it was a 4-on-3. Our PK was #1 in the league last year, seems it's going to be that way again.

Solo

Zombie James said:

They don't even trap well anymore, which is what makes it all the more painful. In 2009-2010, you couldn't get a fart through the neutral zone if they didn't want you to. Now? You could fit a half-ton through there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
SuperSonic1305 said:
What happened? I'm hearing from co-workers that Price and Habs are gooning up and killed Reimer
Gionta one of the most honest players in the league was going for a tip and reimer was past the blue paint a step and got clipped by gionta, far from malicious. Don't know how hes having trouble from that anyways. @ Solos point about price reacting, he has to cause no one else is doing shit after he's getting repeatedly ran over.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Wow at that Canucks trade. Booth and a draft pick (who cares about Reinprecht) for two old, creaky players on the downside of their career? I wanna make love to Gillis right now.

pringles

Detroit's not even trying now. Oh well, blame this one on Conklin, work a bit on the special teams and move on to the next one..

C Jones

purg3 said:
Jesus, I can't wait for this team to be at 100%, going to be fun to watch.
I agree but I have to say I'm a bit surprised by how much fun they are to watch right now. Night and day compared to last year when we were without.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
pringles said:
Detroit's not even trying now. Oh well, blame this one on Conklin, work a bit on the special teams and move on to the next one..
I reeeeally hope Columbus beats the Sens tonight cause that's just asking for trouble to play them again so soon and still be winless. Plus, Wiz will be back and of course he'll have 3 pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom