• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just had a dream that Detroit lost 7 to 1 tonight, boy was it something, Detroit had put Conklin in net as well, man was it crazy........................

Oh it wasn't a dream, whatever, this game should have been much closer and more competitive and caps fans know it, Conklin decided he didn't want to play tonight along with half of the team. I knew this was going to happen too, I knew it, no way were they prepared to play Washington on a back to back after just beating Columbus, and it showed. Of course they get Columbus again on Tuesday which they better win, hope Babs skates them till they fall out of their wheel chairs in their next practice for this performance.

I'm so angry right now, practically broke my tv remote and my desk after that 4th goal.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
CrazedArabMan said:
Hey guys, I just had a dream that Detroit lost 7 to 1 tonight, boy was it something, Detroit put had put Conklin in net as well, man was it crazy........................

Oh it wasn't a dream, whatever, this game should have been much closer and more competitive and caps fans know it, Conklin decided he didn't want to play tonight along with half of the team. I knew this was going to happen too, I knew it, no way were they prepared to play Washington on a back to back after just beating Columbus, and it showed. Of course they get Columbus again on Tuesday which they better win, hope Babs skates them till they fall out of their wheel chairs in their next practice for this performance.

I'm so angry right now, practically broke my tv remote and my desk after that 4th goal.
If there's anything I've learned with this team is that they have one of these games every single season. Last year it was the St. Louis game when they lost 10-3, that was hilarious. So this year they got it out of the way early, but it won't happen again. They're still 5-1-0, 2nd best record in the league (going by win %), so meh.

What really pisses me off is Babcock not playing Howard on back to back nights. It's just something with him and the Wings organization, seems they've always done that. Yet Fleury, Price, Broduer, Miller, and Lundqvist can rattle them off like no problem. Howard isn't an old man and he just had 5 days off, let him play!

MacAttack

Bruins are making playing from behind and losing close games a habit. All the games have been entertaining (except Colorado) but they have got to start winning and can start by sweeping a struggling Montreal team on Thursday and Saturday.

shoplifter

Hahaha, most epic collapse in Blue Jackets history. Two goals in the last minute o keep our perfect record. At this point I'm hoping we go 0-82.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Kifimbo said:
5 goals against Price again. On 25 shots. He deserves a lot of blame.

Doesn't mean anything. The game finished 5-4, and 6-5 against Avalanche. There hasn't been big gaps in the scores. The problem is the rest of the team, because of the coach.

Solo

Ether_Snake said:
Doesn't mean anything. The game finished 5-4, and 6-5 against Avalanche. There hasn't been big gaps in the scores. The problem is the rest of the team, because of the coach.

Price hasn't played good though. I haven't seen one single glimpse of that demi-god game-stealer this season that he was all last season. Not one single glimpse.

Spl1nter

Solo said:
Price hasn't played good though. I haven't seen one single glimpse of that demi-god game-stealer this season that he was all last season. Not one single glimpse.

so trade him straight up for gustavsson

Solo said:

Hey, I thought Montreal wasn't all about Price!

JSgpr.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He did a bunch of awesome saves. You saw how well the habs plays in the third period for like three or four minutes at one point. That's how they are supposed to play the rest of the game. Price has been consistent. Defense sucked. On that last goal, I don't know who it was to the right of Price who was just standing there looking at Gabrovski instead of moving closer to the net.

Solo

Zombie James said:
Hey, I thought Montreal wasn't all about Price!

JSgpr.jpg

They aren't. There's a difference between needing a goalie to be perfect, and a needing a goalie to make saves he should make. The Habs are the latter.

Price is my boy, but he needs to be better. In the past couple he's let in a good 5 or so he shouldn't have.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I'm so fucking happy hockey is back.

Tonight so far:

+ Pens win.
+ Philly loses.
+ Columbus collapses in hilarious, epic fashion.
- Caps keep beasting on fools. On one hand I don't mind as much since we played so well against them, on the other it's kind of scary.
+ Habs/Leafs insanity, plenty of amusing overreactions to come.
+ San Jose finally coming through, giving my fantasy team a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom