• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

sazabirules said:
Wings are still the better team tonight?
Not surprising that they stopped trying after that backbreaking 4th goal right before the end of the 2nd period. In the first 2 periods though, yeah I think they were the team that carried the play 5-on-5, Caps didn't have much outside of their PPs.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Vega said:
This has been Jordan Staal's best game of his career. Beastly in all three zones.

Staal is probably the best PK center in the league. Just look at him, he just kept the puck in their zone on the PK by himself against 4 guys.

SSIUl.png

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The last three minutes if how the habs are supposed to play! Fuck yes.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
They look pretty bad tonight.

Love the fanned shots. Lots of them.

Yeah, lots of bad passing, fanned shots, pucks bouncing over sticks.

And they had no answer to Tampa's trap.

Hopefully they get their shit together for the rematch on Tuesday.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Great win against a good team. Props to our special teams, I think our PP is in the Top 5 in the league now after those two goals and our PK killed it as usual. Also big props to Fleury for holding the line in the first and second and keeping us in the game.

And Detroit really shit the bed tonight, goddamn.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh well. Just can't make it to .500. Entertaining game, at least.

Acid08

Banned
Good win, they looked sloppy as fuck sometimes but got it done. Bruins pressured hard and Niemi had a great game. Seems like the team is finally finding their legs. Defense still needs more experience and Boyle needs some fucking rest.

Spl1nter

Montresor said:
Great work Captain.

Jeez, the puck ended up going in Toronto's zone before Phaneuf's goal anyway. Not a big deal.

Ya, his logic is pretty poor in this case because then you would have to review all the time prior to a goal being scored.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
sazabirules said:
You can't blame just him.
I do. Still might not have won, but it wouldn't have looked so bad if not for his shitty play. Both of Green's PP goals he had no chance on, the same with the cross crease Joel Ward goal. So that's 4 he gave up which if Howard was in goal, probably don't get in. Makes it a 3-1 game and gives the Wings hope and a chance to get back in it. When that 4th one went in, the game was over in the Wings minds.

pringles

sazabirules said:
You can't just blame him.
Yeah I can. Put Howard in there and Caps have 1 goal at most after 2 periods instead of 4. Wings didn't play nearly as bad as the numbers ended up indicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom