• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ether_Snake said:
He did a bunch of awesome saves. You saw how well the habs plays in the third period for like three or four minutes at one point. That's how they are supposed to play the rest of the game. Price has been consistent. Defense sucked. On that last goal, I don't know who it was to the right of Price who was just standing there looking at Gabrovski instead of moving closer to the net.

Cole was the man by the net.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, kinda off topic but where the hell is the patch for NHL 12 which will update the Jets jerseys??? Or just a patch in general to fix the bugs? I've found a great one in my Season Mode in that goalies will continue to get injured even with Injuries turned to OFF and the sliders all the way down to 0. So now Price is out till November and Fleury till December. Really fucks up my stats, haha.

Solo

Give Price a rest against Florida. That seems like a perfect game to give Budaj a start and let Price chill for a few days. Because after that game, its Philly and Boston x2. Oh boy.

Couldn't even steal the game after taking out our number one goalie. If that's what you need to do to win, you're going to be in big trouble.

All wound salting aside, man that was an exciting game. Always a great game when the Habs and Leafs play.

Solo

Postives:
- Eller/AK/Moen is a surprisingly potent line
- Cammy/Pleks/Gio line looked great

Negatives:
- Patches/Cole/DD line was invisible
- our 4th line still sucks
- we have no one who can win face-offs which is hurtung us
- special teams line combos and play are disgustingly bad
- still letting far too many goals against
- JM's overall strategy

1-4-2. Gonna be a long season if major changes don't happen soon.

Spl1nter

Healy had another great broadcast again. Criticizes Reimer for faking when hit by Gionta. Says the habs dont have to worry about Phaneuf and covering him, cant make a pass. The same defenceman who gets 1g 1a in the game and is tied/leading with 9p in 7games for defenceman.

Solo said:
Give Price a rest against Florida. That seems like a perfect game to give Budaj a start and let Price chill for a few days. Because after that game, its Philly and Boston x2. Oh boy.
I'm sure he'll face a lot of shots from Marco "3 shots" Sturm.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
Postives:

Negatives:
- JM's overall strategy

No shit Cole was invisible. I didn't even hear him do anything listening to the play by play on the radio.

I was only partially joking with Muller. Wasn't he responsible for the Habs' special teams? Well, since he's left, they certainly look special :p

Spl1nter said:
Healy had another great broadcast again. Criticizes Reimer for faking when hit by Gionta. Says the habs dont have to worry about Phaneuf and covering him, cant make a pass. The same defenceman who gets 1g 1a in the game and is tied/leading with 9p in 7games for defenceman.

Pucks that hit the mesh should be video reviewable. Don't forget that one.

MPW

Solo said:
Postives:

Negatives:
- JM's overall strategy

don't bet on it

pp is so shit these days

miss halpern on faceoffs

f'n darche on pp and getting so much ice time ... WTF

Solo

Kuro Madoushi said:
I was only partially joking with Muller. Wasn't he responsible for the Habs' special teams? Well, since he's left, they certainly look special :p

I've been talking about this since June, man. Muller was our special teams guru (he once had us the #1 PP and #1 PK unit simultaneously; now we're dogshit with the same players Muller had, hmmmm......) and our heart-and-soul rah rah guy who gave all the big speeches and who all the guys loved playing for. His loss really cannot be overstated. He will be an NHL head coach, and I hope to god he will at some point be the Habs' coach.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
I've been talking about this since June, man. Muller was our special teams guru (he once had us the #1 PP and #1 PK unit simultaneously; now we're dogshit with the same players Muller had, hmmmm......) and our heart-and-soul rah rah guy who gave all the big speeches and who all the guys loved playing for. His loss really cannot be overstated.
Just one more, Solo. One more, I promise.

So...who does Martin put on the point on the PP? ;)

Spl1nter said:

Now that Pierre gone Healy is the new worst. In hindsight Pierre wasn't so bad, he was just incredibly bland and inane. Healy's just a douche.

Solo

Kuro Madoushi said:
Just one more, Solo. One more, I promise.

So...who does Martin put on the point on the PP? ;)

A forward who a) cannot play the point well (but plays exceptionally well in any other place) and b) has publically stated multiple times he doesn't feel comfortable playing there and c) wears a straight GANGSTA blue turtleneck.

You know him as.....

tomas-jagr.jpg

TOMAS JAGR

MPW

Zombie James said:
Teams that are worse than Montreal right now:

Columbus.

That is all.

habs vs cbj fighting out for #1 draft pick

habs will beat panthers, so who knows, start of a winning streak to turn things around?

Solo

The problem with firing Martin is that there really aren't any great coaches out there right now looking for work that would be a good fit. Lemaire is Martin but a winner, same with Hitchcock. Basically lateral moves. Marc Crawford? Ew.

I know, lets bring Carbo back! Because that worked so well the first time...

5-1-1. Our start is officially better than it was last year. Obviously still way too early to tell how this is going to turn out, but I feel better now that we've got more than 4 wins.

Marvie_3

Banned
Solo said:
The problem with firing Martin is that there really aren't any great coaches out there right now looking for work that would be a good fit. Lemaire is Martin but a winner, same with Hitchcock. Basically lateral moves. Marc Crawford? Ew.

I know, lets bring Carbo back! Because that worked so well the first time...
Don Cherry could coach again.....

MPW

JM was asked why he never uses Cole on the PP and he chuckled and said "Why don't you check your stats sheet and tell me how many goals Cole had on the PP last year?"

yeah cause darche is so good in pp ... smh

Spl1nter

Simon Belmont said:
5-1-1. Our start is officially better than it was last year. Obviously still way too early to tell how this is going to turn out, but I feel better now that we've got more than 4 wins.

very tough game against philly on monday.

Solo

MPW said:
JM was asked why he never uses Cole on the PP and he chuckled and said "Why don't you check your stats sheet and tell me how many goals Cole had on the PP last year?"

JM is partly to blame for Cole's bad start. Actually, he plays a large part. Cole played easily his best game as a Hab tonight, and yet Martin gave him all of 11 minutes of ice time. Jesus.

MPW said:

Well, only 23% of Cole's goals have come from the powerplay (43 of 184). Not good enough for Martin.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
JM is partly to blame for Cole's bad start. Actually, he plays a large part. Cole played easily his best game as a Hab tonight, and yet Martin gave him all of 11 minutes of ice time. Jesus.
I don't think he's that good without Staal. You'd think he'd learn with his stint in Edm.

As for available coaches...well...why the hell didn't the habs hold onto Boucher???

Still can't believe I missed a Habs-Leafs game. Anyway time to take a page from Marvie and some stupid Canucks fans and be obnoxious just for the hell of it.

lolhabs lolhabs lol can't even beat the Leafs with half their team missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom