• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Kuro Madoushi said:
As for available coaches...well...why the hell didn't the habs hold onto Boucher???

I don't want to get into the Boucher stuff because I am right now into bash/fire Martin mode, and speaking about Boucher and certain Habs' fans love of him would force me to praise Martin.

Puddles

Banned
Ugh, took out Paul Stastny for Johan Franzen tonight. Stastny has been great all around, while Franzen did jack shit except give me -3. Fucking plus/minus.

Solo

Eller just said in the post-game interview that he didn't know a goalie change had been made. How incompetent is this coaching staff?

LOL I give up

Spl1nter

Solo said:
Eller just said in the post-game interview that he didn't know a goalie change had been made. How incompetent is this coaching staff?

LOL I give up

lol that is pretty funny I am not going to lie.

Solo

The final nail in the coffin was just reading a Habs fan on HF Boards say "so this is what it felt like to be a Leafs fan for the past 7 years". Ouch. Truthful, but ouch. With that, I must call it a night.

Ugh, I really hope Reimer isn't injured for long.

Gustavsson gave up 3 on 18 shots, 1 for every 6! Aw, jeez this sucks.

As for Grabovski's goal, sure it was nice, but why the heck were Mtl's players just standing there? No one seemed interested at all. I know it's just 7 or so games into the season, but I'm getting the feeling that the Habs are having a morale crisis right now.

edit: And on top of that, I think my Leafs are just about ready to implode again. 24 goals for isn't bad, but 23 goals allowed is.

Not as bad as it would be however if we were sitting behind Ottawa in the division though.

NEifN.png

PUNS!

Thankfully no concussion for Reimer.

Solo

bonesmccoy said:
I know it's just 7 or so games into the season

With every passing game, this is becoming something we really can't be saying anymore. We're almost 10 games in. If the Habs lose all 4 games this week (and since they play Florida/Philly/Boston twice, they very well might), there it is, season over after 11 games. I seriously believe they need to win 3 of those 4 games to have any shot.

Oh, here's something nice, Leafs-Age: Phaneuf has 9 pts, effectively 1/3 of his average total per season for the last 2 years. Hopefully he can keep his production up and get back into the 45+ range.

Spl1nter

bonesmccoy said:
Oh, here's something nice, Leafs-Age: Phaneuf has 9 pts, effectively 1/3 of his average total per season for the last 2 years. Hopefully he can keep his production up and get back into the 45+ range.

he has been playing simply stellar every game except for in Boston.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
bonesmccoy said:
I haven't heard from any Flames' fans.

If you guys are out there, would you undo that trade and keep Phaneuf?

Kuro Madoushi said:

They have to be regretting that especially considering they only kept the scraps from that trade.

Kuro Madoushi said:

Phaneuf's a good defenceman. He probably needed a change of scenery which is why he was traded.

The Flames didn't get anything back though. Stajan scored 6 goals last season. Hagman scored 11. Mayers is with the Hawks and White is with the Wings.

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
Lucky or not, Chicago should have had that game. They got sloppy and ended up giving that point away.

agreed, that last goal never should of happened, just sucks Craw is getting the short end of the stick with some weird ass goals. Dude is playing awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom