• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
Question for anyone who knows how yahoo fantasy hockey works: if I drop a goalie (Bryzgalov), will his terrible stats be erased from my team, or do they still count against me for all the days I had him?

Manics

Banned
Gotta feel bad for Carey Price, kid looking for his 100th career win for like 5-6 starts now but has quietly racked up career loss 106. :(

Manics said:
Gotta feel bad for Carey Price, kid looking for his 100th career win for like 5-6 starts now but has quietly racked up career loss 106. :(
He's like that 5th starter on a baseball team. He'll give you a shaky 5 innings every time out and finish the season with an 11-15 record and 4.56 ERA.

CCF23

Wendel Clark said:
Samuelsson and Sturm are off the books after this season. Booth is done after 2014-2015, and has a NMC after this season.

Booth, and his long-term deal, simply weren't in the plans. (He had a no-trade clause that kicked in next summer, per George Richards.)

NTC, not NMC. BIG difference, especially when you have an owner with deep pockets willing to bury NHL salaries to help the team.

Wow, Ottawa got incredibly lucky there. Poor Columbus, that's like getting your balls ripped off.

SuperSonic1305 said:
That Grabovski goal was sick.
Yea that was a sick move. Whats with the habs losing on highlight reel goals

Even though it's 0-0 I'm really impressed so far, last year the King's defense would force cheap turnovers and completely mandhadle us. Now we are standing toe to toe.

Manics

Banned
Holy fuck I just checked the standings and saw the Caps record.

DsrZd.gif

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Puddles said:
Khabibulin is available in my league. Should I drop Bryzgalov to get him?

No way. Bryz is a better goalie and behind a better D, don't drop a titan like him after one wonky week.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just got home, was having a scary movie marathon at a friend's place.

Saw the highlights, good to see the Leafs pulled this shit out. Especially sexy to see some secondary scoring from Crosbovski and from the captain. I read Reimer is okay?

Onwards Leafs-GAF, slowly creep closer to decency!

I'm having the feeling this might be a season like the Flyers had a couple years back where everything just doesn't click anymore. Glad to see Eller had a great game again, with points to prove it to stupid people.

lupinko

Other than the salary dump, I don't see how this is going to help Florida.

For all we know Booth and Kesler could come up with stuff.

Home

GuessWho said:
just saw the standings, what a fucking disaster - BUT holy shit at Columbus, that's BAD!

It's even worse than it looks for Columbus fans... They've only won 3 out of their last 27 games.

In regards to Reimer, no concussion but 'whiplash-like' symptoms. Not sure if they're going to put him in net monday.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Home said:
It's even worse than it looks for Columbus fans... They've only won 3 out of their last 27 games.

How is that possible? God, they are so boned. Their schedule for the rest of the month? Detroit, Buffalo, Chicago, and Anaheim. They're looking at entering November without a win, somebody is getting fired or traded.

Marvie_3

Banned
Spire said:
How is that possible? God, they are so boned. Their schedule for the rest of the month? Detroit, Buffalo, Chicago, and Anaheim. They're looking at entering November without a win, somebody is getting fired or traded.
They should start by trading Carter and Wisniewski. Those bums haven't done shit all season so far.

lupinko said:
Other than the salary dump, I don't see how this is going to help Florida.

For all we know Booth and Kesler could come up with stuff.
You think Florida cares about fielding an actual hockey team? They've been taking Vancouver's trash for so long because trash is cheap. Fuck, those idiots were dumb enough to waive Grabner after he was the centerpiece of the Ballard trade for them. They couldn't care less about letting a talented younger player play, all they cared was dropping Ballard's contract.

snack said:
:lol

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
kassatsu said:
Dunno if I could be a hockey fan after the start of the season and tonight's loss if I lived in columbus.

I'd just start watching Yakupov play, dreaming about the draft.

Then when Columbus loses the lottery, commit suicide.

Marvie_3

Banned
SpectreFire said:
You think Florida cares about fielding an actual hockey team? They've been taking Vancouver's trash for so long because trash is cheap. Fuck, those idiots were dumb enough to waive Grabner after he was the centerpiece of the Ballard trade for them. They couldn't care less about letting a talented younger player play, all they cared was dropping Ballard's contract.
Canucks-age has been dreaming of dumping Ballard's contract for awhile now so maybe Florida was on to something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom