• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvie_3 said:
Canucks-age has been dreaming of dumping Ballard's contract for awhile now so maybe Florida was on to something?
He's been playing pretty well so far this year and he's been a consistent 25+ points defenseman. I honestly wouldn't throw him to the wolves until I see him play this entire season through.

Quick

Banned
I missed the rest of the game midway through the second period and only watched the highlights now.

Grabovski's OT goal, gottdamn.

nGLbr.jpg

Yes.

Sorry for my absence earlier, I was heading downtown..........

Leafs 2
Habs ZERO

OLE OLE OLE OLE
OLE OLE

Grabovski scoring against the Habs makes me smile big time

Too bad I didn`t make an avatar bet this time haha

Finally saw that goal........holy shit.........I haven't seen that move pulled off in NHL 12 yet

Marvie_3

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Sorry for my absence earlier, I was heading downtown..........

Leafs 2
Habs ZERO

OLE OLE OLE OLE
OLE OLE

Grabovski scoring against the Habs makes me smile big time

Too bad I didn`t make an avatar bet this time haha

Finally saw that goal........holy shit.........I haven't seen that move pulled off in NHL 12 yet
I did it earlier today

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Philly fans already turning on Bryz. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering a "Trade Staal" thread pops up on the Pens board after every game where doesn't score a hat trick. Still, I thought Philly was high on Bryzgalov, I didn't think they would start grumbling this early.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So just got back from downtown, I finished watching the last end of the 2nd and 3rd with drinks and some friends. Can't say I'm surprised, I felt the Leafs were going to win the entire time, and Grabos goal was pretty slick. I'm assuming florida saw us sucking and traded Booth in hopes of sucking again to get a top 3 pick. If they lose to Florida Monday I'm assuming that's the last straw fro Martin, and shit will go down. At this point we need to win 2-3 games next week and hope others drop out, Elliot Friedmen looked up the stats and teams who aren't in playoff positions starting in November only made it to the playoffs by the end like 7% of the time. I'm still keeping hope, but Martin is trying really hard to prove he has no fucking clue whats going on. Also Gustavsson sucks, Leaf fans better hope Reimer isn't out long.

CCF23

Just to follow up on Wendel who earlier said Booth had a NMC (which he didn't), it looks like this NTC won't come with him either. He was traded before it kicked in, and per the CBA:

11.8 Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.

(a) The SPC of any Player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under Article 10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade or a no-move clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause extends through and does not become effective until the time that the Player qualifies for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency. If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the Player, Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof.

Curufinwe

Spire said:
Philly fans already turning on Bryz. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering a "Trade Staal" thread pops up on the Pens board after every game where doesn't score a hat trick. Still, I thought Philly was high on Bryzgalov, I didn't think they would start grumbling this early.

ITT or elsewhere? The 4th St Louis goal was a ridiculous screw-up by him and Coburn, but he wasn't the reason we lost the game.

Manics

Banned
Red_Man said:
So just got back from downtown, I finished watching the last end of the 2nd and 3rd with drinks and some friends. Can't say I'm surprised, I felt the Leafs were going to win the entire time, and Grabos goal was pretty slick. I'm assuming florida saw us sucking and traded Booth in hopes of sucking again to get a top 3 pick. If they lose to Florida Monday I'm assuming that's the last straw fro Martin, and shit will go down. At this point we need to win 2-3 games next week and hope others drop out, Elliot Friedmen looked up the stats and teams who aren't in playoff positions starting in November only made it to the playoffs by the end like 7% of the time. I'm still keeping hope, but Martin is trying really hard to prove he has no fucking clue whats going on. Also Gustavsson sucks, Leaf fans better hope Reimer isn't out long.
The standings aren't as bad as they seem. Sure the Habs are last in the conference but you're only 2 wins out of 8th right now. Probably beat Florida on Monday and you're right back in it.

Solo

Foreign Jackass said:
I'm having the feeling this might be a season like the Flyers had a couple years back where everything just doesn't click anymore. Glad to see Eller had a great game again, with points to prove it to stupid people.

Eller is our best player right now. Go ahead and rip that statement all you like, Manics/Forza, but its true.

353d28p.gif

Solo

Kirk Muller's words are like a dagger through my heart:

“I had a great conversation with (Predators coach) Barry Trotz and (assistant GM) Paul Fenton and (GM) David Poile, and they said: ‘We certainly welcome you to bring in your own system that you want,’” Muller said. “That was one of the attractions about coming here … the opportunity to kind of put my own stamp on a team and my own identity. So they’ve kinda given me the green light to have my own team here.”

And what kind of team will that be?

“Very aggressive,” Muller said without hesitating.

“You have to be good defensively, you have to be good without the puck,” he added. “But since the lockout and no red line, you’ve got to be able to score and you’ve got to be able to score at the right time. So I really stress for the guys to be a very aggressive forechecking team, and I tell my forwards that if they want to play here they gotta work … they’ve got to be workers and do a lot of skating and tracking down and heavy forecheck.”

Muller laughed when I suggested he wants his guys to play just like he did, earning the well-deserved nickname “Kirk is Work”.

“Everyone has to know how to play without the puck, but when it’s a turnover I want it to be a real quick transitional team that’s aggressive,” he said. “And I challenge the guys that even if you feel like you’re a defensive defenceman or a defensive forward, I think everyone’s capable of offence and trying to get everybody involved...."

Come back to us, sweet prince :_(

Foreign Jackass said:
I'm having the feeling this might be a season like the Flyers had a couple years back where everything just doesn't click anymore. Glad to see Eller had a great game again, with points to prove it to stupid people.
So a great game for Eller was first noted by him simply strapping on the skates and being in the line-up. Now a couple of worthless assists has him being an all-star.

What happens when he scores his first goal in December?

Red_Man said:
Also Gustavsson sucks, Leaf fans better hope Reimer isn't out long.

I agree but he beat Price. Think about that for a few minutes.

Solo said:
Eller is our best player right now. Go ahead and rip that statement all you like, Manics/Forza, but its true.

Really Solo? Really? Is this what the Habs season has truly come down to for you? Charting Eller's monthly goal and comparing his progress to that of your last uber prospect, Latenstiff?

:( :( :(

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
just amazed at columbus blowing that game. finding ways to lose now.

preds are still fn terrible. not looking forward to the san jose game.

Nothing would be more hilarious than Jose fucking Theodore waltzing into Montreal on Monday night and beating his clone aka Carey Price.

There would be some classic GAF posts for sure.

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Nothing would be more hilarious than Jose fucking Theodore waltzing into Montreal on Monday night and beating his clone aka Carey Price.

Season is young Penis, temper that enthusiasm a bit. All it takes is for Price to get hot (we know he has it in him) and the Habs are back in the race.

Kifimbo said:
5 goals against Price again. On 25 shots. He deserves a lot of blame.
the defense infront of his net was lack luster, I saw no hits on the boards from the part of the Habs

my GF got free tickets and me as a Flyers fan I went to make my GF happy

no hits!!!!

I went, why isn't the D-men hitting?

Curufinwe said:
ITT or elsewhere? The 4th St Louis goal was a ridiculous screw-up by him and Coburn, but he wasn't the reason we lost the game.

The whole team came out really flat, but it did kill them that he turned the puck over in front of the net after they had worked so hard to get it back to within one goal. Bryz is going to be really good this year, I have no doubt at all about that. The team around him just needs to play a bit better.

Snaku

Banned
So annoying having the second most points in my fantasy league this week, and I'm still gonna lose.

Looks like I have my Monday night planned out.

Manics said:
Holy fuck I just checked the standings and saw the Caps record.

DsrZd.gif

Nobody questions the Caps or Boudreau's regular season prowess. They're just not a playoff hockey team.

Manics

Banned
Read on HFBoards the puck hit the netting and should have been blown dead before the Leafs tied the game in the 3rd? :-/

Brutal, missed call like that I guess we really didn't deserve to win that one.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Manics said:
Read on HFBoards the puck hit the netting and should have been blown dead before the Leafs tied the game in the 3rd? :-/

The play ended up leaving the zone before the goal was scored

Either way goal is not a result of the puck hitting the netting but simply just a missed call

Spl1nter

Manics said:

It happened quite a bit before the goal. The habs even had a chance to score on us.

Alucard

Banned
Red_Man said:

I...highly doubt that. It's going to take the Habs doing poorly 'til mid-November for them to do anything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This just in: Washington's ownership now is voting "Yes" on moving Detroit to the Southeast division next year.

OK, not actually true, but it wouldn't surprise me at all after last night's blowout.

DirecTV customers: For anyone who is wondering, I called DirecTV last night and was assured that them dropping the FOX sports networks would NOT affect my NHL Center Ice package.

MPW

When is Price going to finally get that win and hit 100-106 for his career?

he'll get his 100th win next season

habs need to get dat #1 draft pick

fuck off cbj

pk subban's man utd just lost 1-6 to man city lol

Alucard

Banned
James Neeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

I'd just like to point out that he's on pace for 65 goals and 8 assists this season. So far, he shows no signs of stopping and will likely continue to fill the net. Sorry, Kessel!

Tabris

Actually there's a rumour VAN is going after Kyle Turris in PHX which makes no sense to me as we have too much centre depth.

Manics

Banned
Kifimbo said:
@FriedgeHNICElliotte Friedman
Think Canadiens will be picking up Petteri Nokelainen from Phoenix.
Damn. Solid move if true. PG addressing what the Habs need, Manics is impressed.

And with one fell swoop, Martin just owned Solo after that trade.
Martin?

Budaj will probably start.

So a great game for Eller was first noted by him simply strapping on the skates and being in the line-up. Now a couple of worthless assists has him being an all-star.

What happens when he scores his first goal in December?

I agree but he beat Price. Think about that for a few minutes.

Really Solo? Really? Is this what the Habs season has truly come down to for you? Charting Eller's monthly goal and comparing his progress to that of your last uber prospect, Latenstiff?

:( :( :(
And for a while, I thought you were the smart one. Manics has beaten his master.

Foreign Jackass said:
Yep. I'm sure he asked for this trade and PG complied.

EDIT: Yes. Fans around the league measure progress in their young talent by them gradually putting up goals and points. Guys like FJ measure Eller by how close his pirouettes are to Katarina Witt or how wicked his stick flexes when he shoots three feet wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom