• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Goddamn it!

Peins, Manics, Wendel, can we have at least ONE post of a hot girl in a Leafs uniform? :(

I ALWAYS see em with the bloody Habs one on. Isn't she even from Timmins Ont or some shit?
Hot+leaf+fan+girl.jpg

Leafs_girl3.jpg

goleafs234.jpg

Maple-Leafs-7-150x150.jpg

Socreges

Banned
SpectreFire said:
Pens announcers are awful.

Pretty ridiculous play by Booth. I'm looking forward to his unique approach to hockey.

yodathesoda said:
If this city can get this amped up for soccer...
A team can easily survive here. Won't be quiet as a boardroom like in Vancouver either.
No wonder every post of yours revolves around the Canucks. You live in the vastly inferior neighbouring city and are a fan of an inferior rival.

MPW

exarkun said:
The Habs were just described to me as the Yankees of Hockey. I dunno if I could get behind that. Stars have been fairly successful/decent recently so they should be ok fan-wise, they don't need me.

I think I might go with the Islanders. The dynasty article on wiki talks about a lot of Candian teams, and the NHL / hockey is huge there so I would like to contribute to spreading NHL love in the US. Also, I like the islanders' colors. The Jets are another one that I could potentially watch, them and the Sabres despite the Sabre's relatively recent success. Guess I gotta just watch some games.

1993 and before - yes

after that - no, habs never made it out of eastern conference in the playoffs

habs near the bottom in overall standings right now

OnPoint

HadesGigas said:
@2ndBestHull
Brett hull
New pic for all my friends in buffalo xoxo

[IMGhttps://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1603255708/image.jpg[/IMG]

I can't wait until the Sabres actually win a Cup so we, as a fanbase, can let this go lol

I'm not even mad. It's kind of funny

Socreges said:
No wonder every post of yours revolves around the Canucks. You live in the vastly inferior neighbouring city and are a fan of an inferior rival.

I've lived in Vancouver. Seattle shits on Vancouver.

Heretic said:
For the record, they stole that from the Galaxy =p

One side chants the city, the other chants the name.

I'm pretty sure the people here stole it from going to UDub football games who probably stole it from someone else.

I pay $1000 for a one bedroom that would cost $2000 in Vancouver for the same location.
I can buy a 6 pack of Kokanee at the grocery store for 7 bucks.
Seattle doesn't have an inferiority complex.

Tabris

yodathesoda said:
I pay $1000 for a one bedroom that would cost $2000 in Vancouver for the same location.

I pay $1880 for a 2-bedroom in the downtown core right beside our hockey stadium (which our city will pay for unlike yours) and our new football stadium (with the second largest screen in North America next to Dallas). I wouldn't buy Kokanee as it's an average beer and I'm pretty sure something like Alexander Keiths costs pretty close either side. I also feel superior to you.

yodathesoda said:

"Shit's cheaper, therefore it's better".

Righto.

Pewp said:
Duck fans, how do Foster and Cogliano look so far?

Foster just played his first game and scored a goal off a wicked pull and snap from the blue line.

Cogliano was fast as fuck and set up some great plays.

So far, so good.

Socreges

Banned
yodathesoda said:
Problem is that it isn't the "same location". Because you'd still be stuck in Seattle.

yodathesoda said:
Didn't say it/they did. Methinks you doth protest too much.

Tabris said:
I pay $1880 for a 2-bedroom in the downtown core right beside our hockey stadium (which our city will pay for unlike yours). I wouldn't buy Kokanee as it's an average beer and I'm pretty sure something like Alexander Keiths costs pretty close either side. I also feel superior to you.

Ah yes that far superior exotic Alexander Keiths. If they sold that piss here it would be half the price because we don't get gouged. It's going to be terrible when we have a new state of the art arena for the NHL and NBA to go along with our state of the art baseball and football stadiums. Let me know when you want to come down and hear a real crowd than the suits at Maple Leaf West arena.

Heretic

Dastardly Jerks said:
Foster just played his first game and scored a goal off a wicked pull and snap from the blue line.

Cogliano was fast as fuck and set up some great plays.

So far, so good.
I agree. Cogliano has been pretty good. His speed has created a lot of chances. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to finish. I'm liking him so far though.

Socreges said:
Problem is that it isn't the "same location". Because you'd still be stuck in Seattle.

You most likely live in a shitty suburb like Burnaby or New West and have to pretend you live in Vancouver. But hey waiting tables is tough in this economy so keep your head up and you'll get to live in a real city one day.

Tabris

yodathesoda said:
Ah yes that far superior exotic Alexander Keiths. If they sold that piss here it would be half the price because we don't get gouged. It's going to be terrible when we have a new state of the art arena for the NHL and NBA to go along with our state of the art baseball and football stadiums. Let me know when you want to come down and hear a real crowd than the suits at Maple Leaf West arena.

I'm guessing you prefer Boxed White Wine over a nice bottle of vintage wine, it must be better if it's cheaper?

Also on the crowds thing:

470_bc_downtown_crowd_100228.jpg

stanley-cup-game-5-crowd-vancouver.jpg

Socreges

Banned
yodathesoda said:
You most likely live in a shitty suburb like Burnaby or New West and have to pretend you live in Vancouver. But hey waiting tables is tough in this economy so keep your head up and you'll get to live in a real city one day.
Just left Vancouver (born and lived 26 years) for work in Victoria, so you're temporarily correct. But I'll be going back soon so you'll have to return to your eminent wrongness.

I like how you abandoned the 'Seattle > Vancouver' argument and began to criticize the suburbs. Well played.

Tabris

yodathesoda said:

Except the economy isn't bad in Vancouver. Unlike living in the United States that doesn't regulate their banks, we weren't hit as hard and were able to recover.

You've obviously never been to a Seahawks game.
Remember this past Playoff run for the Canucks? Surely you do. Well it was embarrassingly dead in Rogers Arena. And the spoiled rich kids with too many daddy issues outside that decided to flip cars don't count.
I would much rather live in Seattle after living in both cities.

Tabris said:
Except the economy isn't bad in Vancouver. Unlike living in the United States that doesn't regulate their banks, we weren't hit as hard and were able to recover.

1) We're going to build a new state of the art arena.
2) You get gouged to live in Vancouver compared to Seattle, my personal economy is great.
3) Seattle didn't get hit that hard, Microsoft and Boeing are doing just fine.

Tabris

yodathesoda said:
You've obviously never been to a Seahawks game.
Remember this past Playoff run for the Canucks? Surely you do. Well it was embarrassingly dead in Rogers Arena. And the spoiled rich kids with too many daddy issues outside that decided to flip cars don't count.
I would much rather live in Seattle after living in both cities.

Did you go to any of the playoff games at Rogers Arena. I went to 3 of them and they were ELECTRIC. The fans would go crazy. I had a corse throat and sore arm (from towel waving) after each one.

You may have a point during our regular season as we do have a lot of corporate seating which leads to casual fans watching the games, but when it's serious hockey time (playoffs), these fans are some of the loudest out there.

And you're also comparing 18000 to 65000 occupancy seating.

Finally, come talk to us when you actually have that new stadium. Until then, we have the superior stadiums (Rogers Arena and BC Place (second largest screen in North America again)).

EDIT - Oh, and I have been to a Seahawks game. It was horrendous having to watch that team play football.

Tabris

Socreges said:
Slag the Seahawks. But leave Qwest Field alone. Beautiful stadium. Going to see the Hawks/Eagles on December 1st. Stoked.

Oh yeah no doubt, but the new BC Place is amazing too and superior (imo).

Tabris

yodathesoda said:
Hahahahahahahaha Holy Shit.

Never answered my first question and have you actually been to the new BC Place? I've been to both Qwest field and the new BC Place. That screen alone is just mouth-watering.

Socreges

Banned
sazabirules said:
Since we're talking about Vancouver, have there been any updates on the status of this guy?

2edvc6o.gif
Sterile.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Well the BC Lions could beat the Seahawks, they have no answer for the play of Lulay and a Wally Buono coached team.
Bahaha, why would you even know those names.

Tabris said:
Never answered my first question and have you actually been to the new BC Place? I've been to both Qwest field and the new BC Place. That screen alone is just mouth-watering.

Why the fuck would I want to watch CFL Football? You can have Tavaris Jackson and he'll be a superstar like Henry Burress up there.

Tabris

yodathesoda said:
Why the fuck would I want to watch CFL Football? You can have Tavaris Jackson and he'll be a superstar like Henry Burress up there.

We were talking about the quality of a stadium, not the quality of a sport (no one is going to deny that the NFL is miles ahead of the CFL and that the NFL draws much larger crowds).

Oh, and Henry Buris is actually benched for playing so poorly.

Tabris said:
We were talking about the quality of a stadium, not the quality of a sport (no one is going to deny that the NFL is miles ahead of the CFL and that the NFL draws much larger crowds).

Do I really need to visit BC Place to compare it to Century Link?
I went to BC Place to watch a game about 23 years ago, that's all that needs to be judged really. Seriously man, get real.

yodathesoda said:
You drink that bullshit. Your opinion is invalid.

Marvie_3

Banned
Tabris said:

There's a reason they don't build stadiums like BC Place anymore. They're fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom