• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF23

Tabris said:
Oh, just back to my previous post, it looks like the west domination of the east is still in effect (people were rating that East would do better than the West due to the off-season signings):

West vs East record: 17-10-6

You do realize that is 17 wins for the West Vs. 16 losses for the West, yes?

:lol

Tabris said:
The bigger difference is the first line involves the defense in their scoring a lot more. If you're talking straight up goals, there's a chance, but if you are talking about goals scored while that line is on the ice (Goals for the team), then the second line will never be able to pass the first line.
Yeah, but that was when the 1st line was always attached with the Edler-Ehrhoff pairing. When your blueliners are two 50pts offensive defensemen, then you're going to end up scoring some goals.

The offense has been more spread out amongst the defensive pairing this season with the splitting of Hamhuis and Bieksa. Every pairing has a puck moving d-man now in Edler, Ballard and Salo.

Cactus

Banned
I think some of you should wait a while before calling Booth a legitimate top-6 forward. He's only surpassed 40 points once in his career, and there's no guarantee that he'll adapt well to a new system, or even reach the level he was at in Florida, pre-concussion. His career points per game ratio isn't even much higher than the two guys he was traded for, and he's signed for the next four years.

Socreges

Banned
Tabris said:
Oh, just back to my previous post, it looks like the west domination of the east is still in effect (people were rating that East would do better than the West due to the off-season signings):

West vs East record: 17-10-6
Continued domination? Are you seriously this slow?

West vs East: 17-10-6
East vs West: 16-9-8

And we're not even 1/10 through the season.

No one's saying he's a sure thing or he's guaranteed to turn into that scoring sensation he was on path to be, but considering that after his devastating concussion, he managed to return for a full 82 games last season and score 23 goals, it's a good sign that he could be back on that track again.

He's also still pretty young, and is just entering his prime. He may bust, but signs are in the green in terms of his potential.

Hey I brought my friend Ryan.

ryan-kesler-naked.jpg

He says "get stuffed."

Cactus

Banned
Manics said:
6-2 Flyers, Gustavsson pulled after 4 goals in the first.
This is probably a really important game for Gustavsson. With the team playing so well, I don't think management wants a potential liability starting 20+ games.

If he has another stinker, I think we might see Marty Turco or some other veteran goalie replace him as Reimer's backup.

Manics

Banned
Cactus said:
This is probably a really important game for Gustavsson. With the team playing so well, I don't think management wants a potential liability starting 20+ games.

If he has another stinker, I think we might see Marty Turco or some other veteran goalie replace him as Reimer's backup.
Scrivens gets his shot before anyone is brought in to backup.

Cactus

Banned
Manics said:
Scrivens gets his shot before anyone is brought in to backup.
Yeah, that's probably true. I forgot that he's already 25, so we probably have to see what he's got sooner rather than later.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I don't know who I want to lose more, the Leafs or Philly. Probably Philly but I'm already tired of Leafs Nation.

Marvie_3

Banned
Cactus said:

Good luck with that one.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Epic Tales of Penis said:
You hate us now? Just wait until they beat the Pens next Saturday!

Uggh, that'd be insufferable.

NO. Philly is your rival. We need you to cheer against them.

You're right. Philly losing with Gustavsson in net would be delightful, kind of doubt it will happen though.

Montresor

Spire said:
Uggh, that'd be insufferable.

Sorry you feel that way. I don't think Leaf fans here are acting cocky, but maybe there's just so many here that a tiny amount of excitement seems louder with more people repeating dignified "yays" ...? =p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently 12 teams and over 2 dozen scouts at habs game tonight, if we lose tonight I'm expecting a big move.

Red_Man said:
Apparently 12 teams and over 2 dozen scouts at habs game tonight, if we lose tonight I'm expecting a big move.
Damn. Habs players must really be feeling the pressure right about now.

They badly need to score first tonight or that crowd might get hostile pretty fast.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn. Habs players must really be feeling the pressure right about now.

They badly need to score first tonight or that crowd might get hostile pretty fast.
More worried about Budaj letting in a stinker early, he hasn't looked great and that crowd will eat him alive if he does. If it means we can ditch JM I wouldn't mind a loss.

Red_Man said:
More worried about Budaj letting in a stinker early, he hasn't looked great and that crowd will eat him alive if he does. If it means we can ditch JM I wouldn't mind a loss.
I honestly believe that Budaj is feeling little to no pressure right now since he wasn't involved in any of the games yet and fans aren't expecting much from him either.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I honestly believe that Budaj is feeling little to no pressure right now since he wasn't involved in any of the games yet and fans aren't expecting much from him either.

Big problem is, Price played fine over the past few games, but the rest of the team hasn't picked it up. So it can only be worst with Budaj in the net, if the rest of the team doesn't play better.

I'm seeing 5-2 Panthers in my head for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom