• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silexx

Manics said:
Here buddy, in case you have to start the off-season thread this year.

1586qg5.jpg

:(
I can't help but notice that there's only one link thats been clicked on in that pic and that is the Sens one. Something you'd like to admit?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Solo said:
So.....8-0 Jackets?!

Wouldn't surprise me if Detroit plays like they did against Washington.

Besides, we like to throw losing franchises a bone every once in a while. Nashville fans are still reveling in that victory like they won the Stanley Cup. In a way it kind of was their Stanley Cup win because it's the closest they've ever been.

Puddles

Banned
When it comes to fantasy goaltenders, might it not be better to just start one stud and concede wins? Last week I would have obliterated my opponent if I had started no one but Lehtonen. Sure, I wouldn't have taken the wins category, but I would have swept GAA and SV%. Instead I had stats from 3 goaltenders factored in, and one of them was that fucktard Bryzgalov. Another guy in my league had J-Quick (so he won shutouts), but still lost the other G categories because the second G brought him down.

Manics

Banned
Silexx said:
I can't help but notice that there's only one link thats been clicked on in that pic and that is the Sens one. Something you'd like to admit?

That's a good eye, but alas let me put your fears to rest, the google image I stole that picture from already had the link clicked. I do admit to swapping out Atlanta for Winnipeg quite badly.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Razorskin said:
It's weird that I'm totally numb to any Habs losses now.
I'm the same way right now, Its like last year when they got shutout 3 times in a row, I never expected them to score another goal, and it feels like they can't win anymore so when there's a loss I'm expecting it. AK gets so much slack for being inconsistent, but he's been one of our more consistent players over the past 4 years always putting up .50+ ppg, and hes one of more aggressive players with the past wrist shot on the team. Those lines you posted make me feel like I should cry but I don't give a fuck anymore, let JM put fucking Darche on the first line and Cammy on the third, if it means his ass is gone then go crazy.

Crossing my fingers that the Canes get their shit together at home vs Sens tonight. After choking away two 2 goal leads this weekend, home cooking is what we need.

That and for Mo to be fired.

Fei

Solo said:
Only 1 team post-lockout (2007 Preds) has had a start as bad as the Habs and made the playoffs. And I don't think they were half as crippled as us.

Last year Buffalo was 2-5-1 compared to the Habs 1-5-2 this year. And it only got worse for the Sabres through the rest of October. It's not over yet.

Socreges

Banned
Red_Man said:
Habs have to go 44-22-8 in the rest of the year to get 96 points :lol
42-24-8, actually. Habs already have 4 points.

It's not impossible. Devils went 28-10-3 last season after starting 10-29-2.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Malkin is a game-time decision, as usual.

Anyone hoping for fireworks for tonights Pens/Islanders game will be disappointed, neither team has their enforcer in the lineup. Thankfully I think both sides have moved on from that shitstorm.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're talking about a team coached by Martin, those kind of records won't happen under him unless Price elevates to godlike levels. Patches has a torn ligament, not a broken wrist thank god.

Solo

MPW said:
@renhockey
Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens rappellent Aaron Palushaj. Called up.

lolwut? this is madness!

Probably means JM regained a modicum of sanity and decided not to put Yemelin at forward. Man, Palushaj must feel like a yo-yo this season.

Slurmer

Banned
Pronger out 2-3 weeks and all I can say is thank god

I thought it was going to be wayyyyy worse

Hope he keeps up his good start to the season once he returns.

edit::eek:h that is just an early prognosis, pending further evaluation. Still more promising than it looked at first.

please don't be out for the season again

Socreges

Banned
The Internet said:
And the Flames went 27-11-9 to end the season. The Flames.
And the Oilers, the Oilers they... well I'm sure they've strung together consecutive wins a few times in the last 5 years.

Vega

Spire said:

Anyone hoping for fireworks for tonights Pens/Islanders game will be disappointed, neither team has their enforcer in the lineup. Thankfully I think both sides have moved on from that shitstorm.
Josh Yohe is saying Geno is definitely playing tonight. Thank god. Hopefully, he's good to go for the rest of the year.

Slurmer

Banned
Spire said:

looking forward to seeing Tavares rip it up

3-1 Pens

Socreges said:
And the Oilers, the Oilers they... well I'm sure they've strung together consecutive wins a few times in the last 5 years.

Well they will be 4-2-2 after tonight, prorated they would probably make the playoffs.

Manics

Banned
As much as its fun to razz the Habs fans, the schedule gets easier for them after this week. Even this week isn't a total write off. Philly coming off 2 straight wins will be lacksadasical so the Habs could win with some desperate hockey. The back to back with Bruins always brings out the best in the Habs, I expect at least a split there. So could be 2 out of 3 wins and some momentum. The season is WAY young.

Edit: my bad Philly hasn't won 2 straight, still I think they'll be less focused on winning

Manics said:
As much as its fun to razz the Habs fans, the schedule gets easier for them after this week. Even this week isn't a total write off. Philly coming off 2 straight wins will be lacksadasical so the Habs could win with some desperate hockey. The back to back with Bruins always brings out the best in the Habs, I expect at least a split there. So could be 2 out of 3 wins and some momentum. The season is WAY young.

The Flyers are 1-1 in their last 2.

Manics said:
Don't know man. Two big bruising teams while the Habs are already hurting.

Who's next to hit the infirmary for the Habs?

toro5741

Spire said:

Isles can't afford to goon it up, they need to start winning some games again if they want to continue to think they have a shot to take the next step as a team... Still hope to see Matt Martin run a few Pens through the boards (with legal hits of course).

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Don't know man. Two big bruising teams while the Habs are already hurting.

Who's next to hit the infirmary for the Habs?
I'm actually more worried about the Leafs right now with Rangers and Pens next. Real talk.

Futureman

Caribou Coffee trivia of the day was "What is Canada's National Sport?"

I said Hockey and they said NO. They said it was lacrosse.

I just looked it up, and it seems that BOTH hockey and lacrosse are the national sports. FUCK CARIBOU NEVER GOING BACK. GO PENS GET WELL SOON MALKIN.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Alucard said:
Gonna miss the game tonight, so let's go Pens. Malkin in the lineup would help.

We should win, but this Islanders team can be dangerous so I'm kind of nervous. I would say we should win all three games this week but a 6 game win streak is pushing it and I never expect those things to happen.

Socreges

Banned
The Internet said:
Well they will be 4-2-2 after tonight, prorated they would probably make the playoffs.
Mmmm more of this. Daddy likes. All you guys need are a few garbage goals by the Nuge and you're laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom