• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Jacques Martin always does his darndest to fuck Weber over, but Weber always straight up swaggers himself into the hearts of Habs fans. Love this guy.

Manics

Banned
Moral victory in that first for the Habs. They were a bit off due to the last minute firing, but you could see them coming on at the end. Manics prediction bang on. I say this ends 4-2 Habs.

Solo

Ether_Snake said:
So few shots on goal.

Don't you see? Jacques Martin has realized the error of his ways. In 2009 and 2010, we got horrendously outshot every night, but scored timely goals. In 2011, we've been outshooting everyone but not scoring and losing. Martin ingeniously has told the boys to limit shots to no more than 7 a period

LOL

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
Don't you see? Jacques Martin has realized the error of his ways. In 2009 and 2010, we got horrendously outshot every night, but scored timely goals. In 2011, we've been outshooting everyone but not scoring and losing. Martin ingeniusly has told the boys to limit shots to no more than 7 a period

LOL
I would laugh if there wasnt a little piece of me that could actually believe he thinks like that.

Solo

Habs got lucky that period to come away unscathed. That looked like an NHL team vs an ECHL team. Need to be MUCH better the rest of the way.

good period for the Flyers despite the score, Meszaros is such a lazy fuckup, him and Scott Hartnell have probably singlehandedly cost us 75% of the goals weve conceded this year.

And Lilja sucks too, might as well cut him and call up Bartulis, at least he has some upside

Tabris

Red_Man said:
I shouldn't be responding to this but are you really that stupid? I'm not even talking about Price. Thomas, Miller, Lunqvist, and Rinne would all have a thing or 2 to say about that.

Luongo at his best is the best goaltender in the league. He just has a confidence issue (1 bad goal and he's done) which prevents him from being the best goaltender in general. I think having to compete for his job with Schneider will bring back his game. Or we go into the playoffs with Schneider. Either way we win.

Solo

Kifimbo said:
Cole was on the PP again when they scored.

Cole is once again playing well. The last 3 or 4 games he has really started to settle in. I love the aggression he shows. Not only was he on the PP when they scored, but he drew the penalty. Good stuff.

Thank christ Darche is off the PP. Next up: they have got to get DD the fuck off the PP and put either AK or Eller in his place.

Cactus

Banned
Damn, Joe Colborne is ripping up the AHL. 12 points in 6 games, with another two goals tonight so far.

I expected him to play a full season with the Marlies, but I think he's definitely making it difficult to keep him down there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tabris said:
Luongo at his best is the best goaltender in the league. He just has a confidence issue (1 bad goal and he's done) which prevents him from being the best goaltender in general. I think having to compete for his job with Schneider will bring back his game. Or we go into the playoffs with Schneider. Either way we win.
You're a fucking idiot.

Manics

Banned
Tabris said:
Tabris u are dum.

Socreges

Banned
Tabris said:
Doesn't matter who's best "at their best". Ty Conklin is a fucking stud when "at his best". But goalies are judged by their overall performance, night-in, night-out and under all circumstances. Luongo ranked among the best last season, but his cred is marred by being so heavily outplayed by Thomas in the playoffs. Thomas who, at his best, was one of the best ever.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
brucewaynegretzky said:
Confirmed: JVR does not have the moves like Jagr. Or was it Giroux.... cuz he does.

I really need to drop him from my fantasy team, he's doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom