• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurmer

Banned
flyers just can't score on the open net. price is giving it up and they whiff....and now it's 3-1....seems like every bounce is going to the other team a lot this season

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Oh this is getting brutal. Can't wait to see how far under the bus the Philly HFBoards throw Bryz after this.

hubes

Sheesh.. seems like that throw-the-puck-at-the-net-and-have-it-bounce-perfectly-to-a-teamates-stick play gets the flyers every game.

MPW

this game is hilarious

first period was all flyers

habs tie it late

timeout flyers in 2nd

epic miss by simmonds

habs go up 3-1

lol

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
brucewaynegretzky said:
Bryz is playing fine. Not up to his contract, but decent. Which is all he should need to do.

Oh that doesn't matter. They expect Bryz to be Jesus and they rip him apart when he's anything less than that. It's fun to read.

hartnell strikes again, turned the puck over on an odd man rush then came back down the ice and threw a weak hit on a guy that was already being covered opening up space

hes beyond awful and what makes it worse is how much $ hes stealing from us

Solo

If Eller ever develops a scoring touch, I will have a permanent boner. 2 reak solid chances to score he hasn't converted tonight.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Solo said:
Amazing what a few goals does for confidence. They look like a whole other, much better, team right now.

Yeah I'm seeing synergy!

Slurmer

Banned
Spire said:
Oh that doesn't matter. They expect Bryz to be Jesus and they rip him apart when he's anything less than that. It's fun to read.

Yeah I don't think he's been bad, but in their defense, he does have one of the worst sv% among starting goaltenders in the NHL and has a huge contract.

Solo

I think Martin has finally found his lines. I really like the combos of Patches-Pleks-Gio, Cammy-DD-Cole and AK-Eller-Moen tonight. Cole's line is due for a goal.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We've gotten lucky this game, but that's what is was going to take to get out of this, now score another PP goal and finish this. Also helps we have wolverine on our team:

aTlB0.jpg

Bryz played awesome the 1st 2 or 3 games but has been average since then. In his defense, the D has been terrible in front of him all year long... Our team D is worse than its been in years, reminds me of NHL12 EASHL drop in games...

Solo

TonyMarinaro Tony Marinaro
Pierre Gauthier says dr andrews & 3 different physio therapists and doctor pushed Andrei Markov to the limit and his knee is responding well

BrianWildeCTV BrianWilde
PG says: Markov was having 2 a day draining workouts in Florida. No structural damage. Strengthening muscle groups round knee.

@renhockey
Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens: Pierre Gauthier on Markov:"he's been tested now. The knee responded very well."

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
I'm sure this was reported, but #Habs Gauthier also said Markov could be back on ice as early as next week

markov_andrei_getty_400.jpg

He's coming
He's coming
HE'S COMING

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging

Solo

sazabirules said:
For two games and then out again for a few weeks/months.

Until that becomes a pattern, you can't say that with any kind of certainty. Fact: he had the injury, was rushed back too soon, got the injury again. Thats too small a sample to call the guy injury prone. Prior to the first round of the knee injury, he had never been injured. They didn't make the mistake of rushing him this time.

Alucard

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
If the team wasn't bi-polar it would be better.

*team loses a few games to start the season*
"Fuck this squad. Fire everybody! What a disgrace!"

*team scores three goals in two periods*
"Cole is heating up! This team is getting it together!"

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Alucard said:
I didn't think they would be so harsh. Wow.

They really don't sound much worse than Fleury haters, though.

Oh, the Pens board does the same shit, it drives me insane. When it happens with a different fanbase it brings me joy though.

Last year when MAF was having a rough start? Oh my god, that place was unbearable. There are still a lot of guys who call for Staal to be traded constantly and make me want to pull my hair out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alucard said:
Habs fans must be the most bi-polar in the NHL. Damn.
So going from being worried about the worst team start in 70 years and wanting the coach fired to being happy were winning and still wanting the coach to be fired is bi polar? Riiiigggghhhttttt.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Alucard said:

I have never said fuck this squad, etc. And Cole is playing better.

They were fucking horrible in the first. Different team came out in the second. You would think Two-Face was our coach and not the Penguin!

Solo

Alucard said:

.....and how exactly is this "bi-polar"?

Team goes 1-7, fans get upset for very obviously reasons. Team starts playing well this game, we are happy. That's called human nature. Its only one game though, and its not over yet. We need to find a way to close it out, and then start doing this consistently. But there are signs for optimism.

I'd LOVE to see you tap dancing around if the Pens came out of the gate 1-7. And, like us, at the first sign of life, you'd be back into planning the parade mode.

Tabris

Alucard said:

The key is to constantly stay like the last example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom