• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Solo said:
.....and how exactly is this "bi-polar"?

Team goes 1-7, fans get upset for very obviously reasons. Team starts playing well this game, we are happy. That's called human nature. Its only one game though, and its not over yet. We need to find a way to close it out, and then start doing this consistently. But there are signs for optimism.

I'd LOVE to see you tap dancing around if the Pens came out of the gate 1-7. And, like us, at the first sign of life, you'd be back into planning the parade mode.

Not really. When the Pens were having a rough patch two seasons ago, I still felt confident they'd turn it around because they had actually been playing well and just weren't getting bounces. They started winning games and their hard work paid off. It's hockey. It's sports. There's an up and down flow, and it's a long season.

You guys also take my bait too easily. It's just interesting to see you guys go from massive lows to massive highs in the span of two periods of hockey, after eight games of shit.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
Until that becomes a pattern, you can't say that with any kind of certainty. Fact: he had the injury, was rushed back too soon, got the injury again. Thats too small a sample to call the guy injury prone. Prior to the first round of the knee injury, he had never been injured. They didn't make the mistake of rushing him this time.

I'm not too familiar with your defense but where is Markov going to slot in at when he's back?

Solo

sazabirules said:
I'm not too familiar with your defense but where is Markov going to slot in at when he's back?

He would play with Gorges. Subban with Gill. Not sure how the bottom 2 would be configured. Probably Spacek and Diaz.

Powerplay would have Markov and Subban on the points and it has me salivating.

Solo

It will be needing new patches when I'm done with it.

bonesmccoy said:
4-1 MTL!

All is forgiven, JMPG!

lol no

But it IS amazing how different/better they look without Pearn bad defensive calls (look art Gill's ice time - drastically lower than usual, thank god) and special teams.

Slurmer

Banned
Solo said:
It will be needing new patches when I'm done with it.

lol no

But it IS amazing how different/better they look without Pearn bad defensive calls (look art Gill's ice time - drastically lower than usual, thank god) and special teams.

I don't think their defensive effort deserves a lot of credit for this one. Philly has just missed on plenty of good chances

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price has played like he should tonight and made the difference plus a lotta luck but well take it.

Slurmer said:
the flyers are kinda not good

seconded

Lavi needs to stop F'ing around and put the top 6 forwards out there on the 1st and 2nd lines

Giroux
JVR
Briere
Simmonds
Jagr
Read

no one else has a goddamn clue what to do on offense. Lavi needs to stop trying to "get guys going" like hes doing saddling our good players with ineffective linemates like Voracek, Hartnell and Schenn.

Slurmer

Banned
gonna lose to the jets tomorrow

sazabirules said:
I thought Simmonds was a third liner or does he have the potential to be better?

he has potential and does well on the power play, but he'll always be a third liner

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Like I said today they found synergy, and you don't lose that really easily once you find it, so I'm confident. Doesn't mean we'll win tomorrow, but I think we got the foundation we need now.

Solo

SCHUEY F1 said:
I'll relax when we get back up to .500

No doubt. But lets not understate the fact that for the first time in about 3 or 4 times this season, this team finally won a game they should have won. There was no excuse for the Buffalo, Colorado or Florida losses.

Carey winning #100 is big too. Now he'll be chilled as fuck and dat swagger will return.

Red_Man

SCHUEY F1 said:
I'll relax when we get back up to .500
Pretty much, and now that cole and patches are on the first PP unit it seems martins pulled his head a little out of his ass. Still a shit coach but let's try and get to .500 then go from there, I wouldn't be surprised if we shit the bed rest of the week.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Should be really interesting too see how they play tomorrow as well, if they can keep up the intensity on back to back nights.

Edit: WOooooooooooooo

Red_Man

I feel bad for cole guy has busted his ass but can't buy a goal. DD has been fire tonight, cya Gomez.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wooooooo, flyer wings served!

I hope this synergy remains tomorrow.

Solo

Cammy!

Fuck, SO happy that line finally got rewarded with a goal. They were our best line tonight. Cole looked like a beast.

Manics

Banned
Hey MPW, I've marinated this in some special sauce for you

1r2k2w.jpg

Red_Man

The last two periods is what I expected them to play like at the start of the season. Lets see if they can carry this over to Boston.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Great two periods of hockey. That goal at the end of the first was huge. Cole, Patches and Cammy looked great. Price was solid and had a few breaks, but we were due.

Solo

Big win! Cole was our best player in this one. If he can play like that every game, the points will come no problem. He was aggressive as fuck, drove the net, created scoring chances, drew penalties. Well fucking done, my man! Price made the big saves we're used to seeing him make, and every line pulled their weight. Really great effort and result tonight.

I think they will come out firing tomorrow too. The boys will want to get that win both for the standings and for Max.

Man, what a fucking crazy day :lol

Solo

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Props to the Habs for not "sitting" back on that lead in the third.

Yeah, it was a part of the JM trademark that was missing tonight, and I absolutely loved it. You win by continuing to be aggressive, not by sitting back and hoping for the best.

Red_Man

I'm pretty impressed with nokienlen, he's killing penalties, doing decent in faceoffs, and laying some hits down and making some good opportunities. Cole was possessed tonight, hopefully he can continue like that.

MPW

Manics said:
Hey MPW, I've marinated this in some special sauce for you

1r2k2w.jpg

now predict habs win multiple cups in the next decade! :)

flyers = jets lol

go 14 mins without a shot on net = win game 5-1

Red_Man

Apparently the last night Jagr played in Montreal before tonight was the game were habs came back from 5-0 against the rangers.

Solo

Red_Man said:
I'm pretty impressed with nokienlen

So far he's looking like Montreal's Steckel. Great pickup if he can keep it up. Time will tell.

Man, it must have been Pearn, not Martin, that hated Weber. Dude played 22 minutes tonight! That has got to be a career high. Only Subban played more. I want to see that continue. He is far too good and versatile to be the odd man out all the time.

MPW

fuck

i can't believe TSN will NOT be showing habs vs bruins

instead they will show leafs vs rangers? WTF? really?

flyers are so shit in faceoffs

Red_Man

Solo said:
So far he's looking like Montreal's Steckel. Great pickup if he can keep it up. Time will tell.

Man, it must have been Pearn, not Martin, that hated Weber. Dude played 22 minutes tonight! That has got to be a career high. Only Subban played more. I want to see that continue. He is far too good and versatile to be the odd man out all the time.
Well Pearn was responsible for D-mens time, so that makes sense. PG also said they plan on thinking outside the box from now, whatever the hell that means, hopefully he doesn't pull a Holmgren on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom