• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Listening to habs talk radio, whos gotten into a bit of a media tuffle with some reporters cause they published a story saying that Darche has been reporting to Martin about what players are saying and such and that's why he was getting so much #1 PP time.

I didn't have time to perform my usual game day sacrifice of a cheesesteak to the Philly sports gods.

What the hell is this game summary I am looking at.

What have I done.

MacAttack

Socreges said:
MacAttack? Any preliminary comments?

;)
What can I say to that!? The numbers speak for themselves. I think you were the one preaching patience last time we discussed this.

Let's just say I have a lot more confidence in my prediction about the Jets finishing last In the Eastern Conference.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
So when does Vancouver start getting nervous? They're looking to get shut out for the third time so far this year and against the Blues of all teams. Can't blame it all on Luongo.

Socreges

Banned
MacAttack said:
What can I say to that!? The numbers speak for themselves. I think you were the one preaching patience last time we discussed this.
I guess that was why I winked. Totally agreed that anything can happen still. Things could reverse in another two weeks, who knows.

Spire said:
So when does Vancouver start getting nervous? They're looking to get shut out for the third time so far this year and against the Blues of all teams. Can't blame it all on Luongo.
IIRC, they're normally a .500 team in October and ramp it up after that.

So, if they're still losing more than they're winning in mid-November, I'll begin to get a bit panicked.

iNT39.jpg

MacAttack

Boston and Montreal are now tied with 6 points going into the home and home series this week. If they don't manage to split and one team sweeps that is a considerable point swing and would go a long way in reversing each teams early record, since both teams have an easier schedule coming up after this series.

Then there is the drama of a playoff rematch, Pacioretti vs Chara, the return of Benoit Pouliot to MTL, Chara's first regular season game in Montreal. These games have the makings of some good hockey but given how early it is and how inconsistent both teams have been, it could be very ugly.

Hype!

snack

Lone_Prodigy said:
Different goalie, same result.
Blame it on Halloween. It helps me get by with life much easier.

But honestly... The Canucks really need to step up their game. This is so disappointing to see them play so poorly with all that talent they have.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
MacAttack said:
Boston and Montreal are now tied with 6 points going into the home and home series this week. If they don't manage to split and one team sweeps that is a considerable point swing and would go a long way in reversing each teams early record, since both teams have an easier schedule coming up after this series.

Then there is the drama of a playoff rematch, Pacioretti vs Chara, the return of Benoit Pouliot to MTL, Chara's first regular season game in Montreal. These games have the makings of some good hockey but given how early it is and how inconsistent both teams have been, it could be very ugly.

Hype!

Yeah, lots differents plot lines happening going into these games. Should be great. Hopefully it doesn't turn ugly.

Sibylus

Banned
snack said:
Blame it on Halloween. It helps me get by with life much easier.

But honestly... The Canucks really need to step up their game. This is so disappointing to see them play so poorly with all that talent they have.
Indeed. I can't be the only one a little tired of this seemingly recurring pattern of slow starts (be it in the season or in games). Where they end up is all that matters of course, but it does get a mite annoying.

Leafs make me nervous...

2010: 5-2-1
2011: 5-2-1

The same damn record at the same point in the season. Last year they went 0-6-2 in their next eight, so any wins in the next eight games would already be an improvement.

Socreges

Banned
Ehh, look at Boston. Look at Chicago and Philly after 10 games last season. I wouldn't begin to worry yet.

bardia said:
Watching the Canucks play is so damn painful....we're going to get murdered by the Caps on Saturday.
No, fuck you. I'm going to be there and with the best seats that I've probably ever had. Nothing short of a 5-0 spanking is acceptable.

Puddles

Banned
How much longer before Bryz is safely droppable in smaller leagues?

There are at least a dozen goalies I could pick up right now who have been performing way better this season.

Puddles said:
How much longer before Bryz is safely droppable in smaller leagues?

There are at least a dozen goalies I could pick up right now who have been performing way better this season.

In a small league, drop and add players regularly based on whether they're hot or cold. Everyone will have the best players so every point matters.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Just put him on your bench until he warms up. And be careful who you pick, as I imagine a lot of those are back-ups who might not even play in a given week depending on the schedule.

snack

Socreges said:
Ehh, look at Boston. Look at Chicago and Philly after 10 games last season. I wouldn't begin to worry yet.

No, fuck you. I'm going to be there and with the best seats that I've probably ever had. Nothing short of a 5-0 spanking is acceptable.
lol

I want a 10-0 spanking. Nothing less!

MPW

w3UFv.png

Puddles said:
Fuck Bryzgalov.

lol get used to this

dude is not worth all that money

at least gomez's contract is up soon and probably trade able next summer (cap hit 7m+ but earns 4.5 and 3.5 next two years)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MPW said:
lol get used to this

at least gomez's contract is up soon and probably trade able next summer (cap hit 7m+ but earns 4.5 and 3.5 next two years)
If DD and Eller can hold up their play, and gomez comes back and is still garbage I'd expect to see him in the minors at some point.

I hate to say it, but I think our defense looks kind of lost without Ehrhoff. No one seems to really care about defensive coverage, they're all trying to rush with the puck and prove they can fill in for #5.

Hell, it's not even just the defencemen. Almost everyone seems to be playing lazy.

Marvie_3

Banned
Socreges said:

Both of those teams had more points through 10 games than Vancouver does this year. ;)

MPW said:
http://i.imgur.com/w3UFv.png[IMG]

lol get used to this

at least gomez's contract is up soon and probably trade able next summer (cap hit 7m+ but earns 4.5 and 3.5 next two years)[/QUOTE]

Matt is one of my favorite players out there. So underrated.

MPW, you regret Matt D'Agostini leaving? Really? Have you seen him play? The guy is a boneheaded player with a good shot. We don't need that, we had that with Pouliot and threw him away.

Solo

MacAttack said:

Hype!

I'm so hyped for these games. Hyped enough that Im actually sad that I will miss Saturday's game. Fucking Halloween! :_(

Also, Bruins fans GUARANTEED to boo Pacioretty tonight. C____less.

FOOTE

belvedere said:
Good. I say start him until he looks as shaky as Halak (which may be never and that's ok).
After last night, I totally agree with this. I think he's the starter until his play says otherwise.

My god that was a horrible game last night. I havent seen the Flyers give up like that in a long time. That bad goal at the end of the 1st took them out of it, and the Habs really brought it in the 2nd. Thankfully they have the Jets tonight, they need to get their confidence back big time after that disaster.

yankeehater said:
My god that was a horrible game last night. I havent seen the Flyers give up like that in a long time. That bad goal at the end of the 1st took them out of it, and the Habs really brought it in the 2nd. Thankfully they have the Jets tonight, they need to get their confidence back big time after that disaster.

I think everyone might actually be beginning to realize that our defensive accomplishments weren't due to the actual D, but rather the amazing defensive forwards we used to have.... Hindsight folks!

Pronger being out is going to kill them. He wasnt even playing that well, but they have no depth on D at all. Those minutes Pronger would take are being filled by garbage now.

Solo

Flyers are still crazy scary when they are in the offensive zone, but yeah, the D and goaltending looked very suspect.

Briere was invisible last night. Weird, since he always give the Habs fits.

I think the flyers have to be close to the point of really worrying about Bryz. He flops around so much. He has been terrible handling the puck. They need to get him back to just playing solid fundamentals. He looked really good his first few games, hopefully he can get back to that.

belvedere

Junior Butler
FOOTE said:
After last night, I totally agree with this. I think he's the starter until his play says otherwise.

I didn't watch the entire game so I couldn't really tell if we played good or the Canucks played like shit, a bit of both I guess. Passing seemed to actually be effective but again, maybe that was because the 'Nucks were all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom