• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Jones

aidan said:
Who cares? Skyrim comes out that day.
Even I can get behind this. We're on top of the division right now there is no rush. Hopefully Shero knows Sid should get out of the way of Skyrim or else his NPD numbers suffer.

11/15 versus the Avs would be better. Tuesday night game on Versus at home.

richiek said:
They've completely replaced the seating in the lower bowl of the Garden as well added open concourses. It's gonna take 2 more seasons to complete the renovation.

This is what it's supposed to look like when it's done:

20100506_msgren_560x375.jpg
Looks cool.. Though that is kinda distracting if you sit up in the upper bowl.

Also - wtf at $10-11 beer prices at multiple arenas.

American Airlines Center where the Stars/Mavs play offer like $6.50-$7.00 beers.

MacAttack

Rask will probably be in net for the B's tonight.

"It's just a matter of knowing what you do right or wrong," Pouliot told the media after the morning skate Thursday. "Not hiding it, let the guy know and he'll work on it."
This guy never misses an opportunity to rip Jaques Martin.

“You face your old team, you obviously want to prove that, 'You didn't want to keep me, I'll show you,'" Pouliot said. "It pumps you up even more."
Hat Trick confirmed.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MacAttack said:
Rask will probably be in net for the B's tonight.

This guy never misses an opportunity to rip Jaques Martin.

Hat Trick confirmed.
Guess he's only going to fall 3 times tonight instead of 6.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
SpectreFire said:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7155852/kyle-turris-asks-phoenix-coyotes-trade

Kyle Turris demands trade. Phoenix GM threatens to ruin his career if he doesn't.

I can't help but feel for the kid. It's got to be hard to develop well in a town where no one, not even the team ownership gives two shit about hockey.

Just move him, jesus. I know GM's don't want to buckle but if you can get some real assets for your team in exchange for someone who clearly doesn't want to be a part of your club long term, why wouldn't you?

Cactus

Banned
SpectreFire said:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7155852/kyle-turris-asks-phoenix-coyotes-trade

Kyle Turris demands trade. Phoenix GM threatens to ruin his career if he doesn't.

I can't help but feel for the kid. It's got to be hard to develop well in a town where no one, not even the team ownership gives two shit about hockey.

Maloney being so stubborn is actually hurting his team, if this is to be believed:

"I know that the Coyotes' organization can benefit significantly by moving this asset," Overhardt said. "As a Group 2 free agent and speaking to several teams -- which I won't name -- I know that there's a number of clubs that have put forth significant offers to the Coyotes' organization which include valuable assets which would benefit Phoenix."

I can't understand why management in Phoenix has allowed this to continue as long as it has.

I remember in the days leading up to the draft they were saying Turris could even go #1 overall. I think the Hawks and Flyers are happy about their choice.

Socreges

Banned
The lady and I will be dressing up for the Canucks/Caps game on Saturday since it's two days before Halloween. I'm considering going as Zombie Don Cherry with a puck in his forehead. Blood included. A friend of hers is a makeup artist so it shouldn't be a problem.

Do you guys think CBC would air it? Is he so sacred? I might just foregoe the zombie angle so I definitely get some TV time.... but don't really care.

lupinko

DopeyFish said:
No way! Mats is coming back!

http://yfrog.com/h3r2gdbvj?f=1

Yes... This pic is from today and about a 10 minute walk from the leafs practice facility ;)

Awesome, I actually got to talk to Mats at my work after he was already moving his stuff back to Sweden from Vancouver. I was amused to find out that his cellphone at the time was still a Toronto number. :O

Hey Leafs fans whats the status of James Reimer? I got offered him in a trade and I am thinking of doing it but I am worried if he is going to be out/splitting time for a while.

Solo

Hey MPW, remember when you posted that scouting report on Cole after that one poor game he played?

Erik Cole's EVEN-STRENGTH risk/reward rating is the best I've ever seen; bar none. Expressed differently, Cole's rating shows that he made 4 successful plays for every 1 mistake or lost puck-battle.

From the same scout after last night's game. Two way street, beotch.

lupinko

yankeehater said:
Hey Leafs fans whats the status of James Reimer? I got offered him in a trade and I am thinking of doing it but I am worried if he is going to be out/splitting time for a while.

Reimer is day to day with whiplash symptoms.

Red_Man

Solo said:
Hey MPW, remember when you posted that scouting report on Cole after that one poor game he played?

From the same scout after last night's game. Two way street, beotch.
Hopefully he can keep that play up, he was beasting last night, and would really give us the boost we're paying him for.

Solo

Red_Man said:
Hopefully he can keep that play up, he was beasting last night, and would really give us the boost we're paying him for.

I'm going to chalk his first 5-6 games up to the adjustment period - his last 3-4 games he has looked downright great.

MacAttack

Socreges said:
The lady and I will be dressing up for the Canucks/Caps game on Saturday since it's two days before Halloween. I'm considering going as Zombie Don Cherry with a puck in his forehead. Blood included. A friend of hers is a makeup artist so it shouldn't be a problem.

Do you guys think CBC would air it? Is he so sacred? I might just foregoe the zombie angle so I definitely get some TV time.... but don't really care.
Go with the zombie Cherry but tone down the blood. Post a picture here so we know what to look for.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
lupinko said:
Reimer is day to day with whiplash symptoms.

But secretly a concussion.

Some of the trades happening in the Real GAF league are just nuts.

aidan said:
But secretly a concussion.

Some of the trades happening in the Real GAF league are just nuts.

I am responsible for a lot of those crazy trades. If I had just been able to be there for the draft I could have gotten 2 goalies, and not needed to nuke my roster for a 2nd goalie, but oh well. Next time hopefully I can be there.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
yankeehater said:
I am responsible for a lot of those crazy trades. If I had just been able to be there for the draft I could have gotten 2 goalies, and not needed to nuke my roster for a 2nd goalie, but oh well. Next time hopefully I can be there.

Reimer was just officially put on IR with 'concussion-like symptoms.' Ouch.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Internet said:
I remember in the days leading up to the draft they were saying Turris could even go #1 overall. I think the Hawks and Flyers are happy about their choice.
Yeah right. We wasted the #1 pick on some criminal who hasn't done shit in the NHL.

Slurmer

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Yeah right. We wasted the #1 pick on some criminal who hasn't done shit in the NHL.

Yeah! And JVR is the biggest bust in the history of the league. I know because I read it on HFboards.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
aidan said:
Reimer was just officially put on IR with 'concussion-like symptoms.' Ouch.

Good news for the Pens, as that means he won't play Saturday. Bad news for whoever MULTIPLE SCORGASMS is in the real GAF fantasy league, as his two goalies are Reimer and Craig Anderson. :lol

yankeehater said:
Fuck! I just cant get a break when it comes to fantasy hockey. Leafs age you have let me down. :(

Holy shit, I had no idea about that when trading him! I doubt he'll be out for long though, and I sincerely hope he's back soon, considering how integral he'll be to the Leafs' success this season.

[edit] Looking into it, I don't see anything saying he's been diagnosed with a concussion. It seems more like at this point, Leafs are just treating him as if there was (so sitting the game out, likely not practicing for a while). Supposedly, whiplash symptoms resemble some concussion symptoms.

Kurashima said:
Holy shit, I had no idea about that when trading him! I doubt he'll be out for long though, and I sincerely hope he's back soon, considering how integral he'll be to the Leafs' success this season.

It is cool, hopefully he will be back soon tearing it up.

Red_Man

Watching NHL on the fly and they're interviewing brad Richards and I take shits with more personality then this guy.

Cactus

Banned
Speaking of fantasy hockey, I picked of Markstrom after his crazy performance against the Habs and I'm hoping he steals the #1 job from Theodore so I'll have three legitimate starters.

Cactus

Banned
Reimer was placed on the IR retroactive to last Saturday so he can conceivably still play this weekend. Last I heard, he was advised not to play tonight for purely precautionary reasons. He practiced for 90 minutes with no ill-effects (supposedly) yesterday.

EDIT: Burke mentioned on Prime Time Sports that he expects Reimer to play Saturday

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Marvie_3 said:
If I got free box seats to the Foo Fighters, I'd stay home and watch the game. :lol

:lol, I'm not a big fan of them, but should be good times. If they weren't free I wouldn't be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom