• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After three ugly games, Canes need to get their shit together. Hawks tonight and Lightning tomorrow to wrap up the usual Mo month. Ups, downs, mediocre play that the coach claims he's ok with, and crazy line changes.

For instance, Jiri Tlusty and Chad LaRose are expected to start alongside Eric Staal on the 1st line tonight.

Does anyone want our coach please?

Marvie_3

Banned
AngmarsKing701 said:
After three ugly games, Canes need to get their shit together. Hawks tonight and Lightning tomorrow to wrap up the usual Mo month. Ups, downs, mediocre play that the coach claims he's ok with, and crazy line changes.

For instance, Jiri Tlusty and Chad LaRose are expected to start alongside Eric Staal on the 1st line tonight.

Does anyone want our coach please?
No, but the 'Hawks will be happy to take 2 points from you tonight. :D

They'll probably be nice and let the Canes come back in the 3rd and pick up a loser point though.

Please Detroit, I beg you, win tonight so I'm not angry, I want to have a nice weekend, not one where I end up breaking my desk in frustration from your awful play.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Please Detroit, I beg you, win tonight so I'm not angry, I want to have a nice weekend, not one where I end up breaking my desk in frustration from your awful play.
If you break your desk because of a hockey game, maybe you should spend your weekend in anger management classes. :p

scissorfight said:
household damage is reserved only for playoff series losses

everyone knows that

I was gonna say the same thing. Back when I lived with at home with my parents I would go out and take slapshots in the driveway til I broke my stick whenever the Flyers dropped out. Now... well now I just curse and yell a lot.

Marvie_3

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
I was gonna say the same thing. Back when I lived with at home with my parents I would go out and take slapshots in the driveway til I broke my stick whenever the Flyers dropped out. Now... well now I just curse and yell a lot.
That's what I do.

And drink a lot.

scissorfight said:
household damage is reserved only for playoff series losses

everyone knows that

Ok :(

But what about Leafs fans, surely they are an exception to the rule.

Marvie_3 said:
If you break your desk because of a hockey game, maybe you should spend your weekend in anger management classes. :p

Eh, at least I don't take it out on other people, so all is well. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Nah, I could never one up the great Manics in that department.
I never said you would. I just said he'd have advice for you. He might be able to put together a 'wife beating starter kit' if you ask him nice enough.

Manics

Banned
Manics is not dying today. Tests took over 4 hours (with breaks). No more injections, just waiting to take one more set of heart pictures. Thanks for all the PMs of support.

Marvie_3 said:
I never said you would. I just said he'd have advice for you. He might be able to put together a 'wife beating starter kit' if you ask him nice enough.

Well if it can get me some extra cash off of the profits.......

Eh, I'll pass instead

Edit: Good to hear Manics

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
brucewaynegretzky said:

I'm hoping once the Leafs make the playoffs this year I can find out what my rage is really like. As you said smashing things and drinking in the regular season is weak as hell.

lupinko

Kave_Man said:
I'm hoping once the Leafs make the playoffs this year I can find out what my rage is really like. As you said smashing things and drinking in the regular season is weak as hell.

You weren't around with our last playoff appearances with Mats and Eddie?

Manics said:
Manics is not dying today. Tests took over 4 hours (with breaks). No more injections, just waiting to take one more set of heart pictures. Thanks for all the PMs of support.

Manics lives and so do the Leafs playoffs hopes.

MPW

Montresor said:
Boston is dead last in the east, WOW. Nice job Montreal.

i would LOL @ bruins but they won the cup last year

still don't know what bruins saw in Benoit Pouliot, he's horrible

C Jones

Manics said:
Great news man!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:

Good to hear.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lupinko said:
You weren't around with our last playoff appearances with Mats and Eddie?

I was, think I was around 20-21 back then. My rage hasn't built up like it has now. I also wasn't as big a fan as I am now.

MacAttack

From Left to Right: McQuaid, Chara, Caron and Marchand visiting the Boston Children's Hospital.

potd_kayla_slideg84p.jpg

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-to-enjoy-the-sport-of-hockey/article2216604/

His good friend Tomas Kaberle faced the same decision last winter when the Maple Leafs asked the defenceman to waive his no-trade right to go to the Boston Bruins. After holding out for a while, Kaberle agreed and wound up winning a Stanley Cup as a rental player before moving on to the Carolina Hurricanes.

Sundin said Kaberle told him “he wished he won the Cup for the Toronto Maple Leafs.”

:(

beast786

CrazedArabMan said:

i agree, my dog cant take the kicks anymore.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sundin still has my respect, one of the greatest Leafs of all time. It sucks that he didn't waive his NTC but he had one for a reason, he was within his right to refuse any trades.

Manics

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
Haha Kaberle acting like he did something for the Bruins...

EDIT: Btw congrats Manics. We all knew you'd be fine. You're doomed to walk the earth forever while the Leafs torment you with failure after failure anyway.

Thanks man, tests are over and i'm feeling fine, but like usual I have to wait a good week to 10 days for the results to be sent to my family doctor.

Cactus

Banned
Zombie James said:
Kaberle really didn't want to go, but unlike Sundin he still has my respect.
Sundin was the face of the franchise for 13 years, and gave it his all whenever he was on the ice. Management gave him a NTC, which he refused to waive only because he loved Toronto so much. He contributed more to this franchise than the majority of other players that put on the jersey, and I'll always respect him for that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Manics said:
Must have been that leafs victory pulling you through, good job man

MacAttack said:
From Left to Right: McQuaid, Chara, Caron and Marchand visiting the Boston Children's Hospital.

potd_kayla_slideg84p.jpg
Why are there four gorillas in a hospital?

Manics

Banned
After seeing last night's duel between "King" Henrik and Jonas Gustavsson, I think we can safely tell who the real swedish goalie King is now.

2u46gdi.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Manics said:
After seeing last night's duel between "King" Henrik and Jonas Gustavsson, I think we can safely tell who the real swedish goalie King is now.

2u46gdi.jpg
Until the next game where he lets in a soft goal in the first 5 minutes and all of toronto attacks him again
set0lf.jpg

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Manics said:

2u46gdi.jpg

Yeah! Only let in two against the 4th worst offense in the league!

Manics said:

2u46gdi.jpg
Manics healthy as a horse and back in game-shape CONFIRMED

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Manics said:

2u46gdi.jpg

Quoted. For no other reason than that apparently all the cool kids are doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom