• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Slurmer said:
This, even though Bryz let in a couple softies. Philly has gotten the doors blown off of them 4 straight games, and it's mostly because their defense is playing like complete shit
So maybe defense AND goaltending are to blame for 9 goals against? Bryz let in 4 goals on 10 shots, 2 of which you've mentioned were softies. No point in laying the blame completely on the defense.

Holy shit !! Sure enough we blow it and let Florida tie it 3-3.

Win the game 4-3 with 2.5 seconds left.

Sens win 4 in a row ! didn't see that coming after that brutal start

Slurmer

Banned
Socreges said:
So maybe defense AND goaltending are to blame for 9 goals against? Bryz let in 4 goals on 10 shots, 2 of which you've mentioned were softies. No point in laying the blame completely on the defense.

i said mostly ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
From twitter bryz : "I have no confidence in myself right now" great great sign. How long is pronger out?

Socreges

Banned
Solo said:
Could Ottawa be a surprise team in the East, or is this just a mirage?
What isn't a mirage right now? Very few things are going to plan, apart from maybe Washington impressing and the Canucks/Bruins' predictably slow starts.

Thank you, TSN, for pointing out that the Caps are 3-0-0 when they score first. As opposed to when they don't, in which case they're 4-0-0.

Revenant

Socreges said:
What isn't a mirage right now? Very few things are going to plan, apart from maybe Washington impressing and the Canucks/Bruins' predictably slow starts.

Thank you, TSN, for pointing out that the Caps are 3-0-0 when they score first. As opposed to when they don't, in which case they're 4-0-0.

When the caps score more goals than the opposition they are undefeated!

Curufinwe

Socreges said:
Ah yes. Was focusing on the "This". Curufinwe doesn't qualify.

I watched the entire game. Bryzgalov let in one bad goal. The defense played much worse than he did, which is why Bob had to be pulled in the first place.

Buba Big Guns said:
Rundblad made a fucking sick play at the end to keep the puck inside/give it to Alfie.

He's rapidly improving, he was brutal in his first games but he's catching on quicker than Karlsson did.

Probably too much to ask but I hope Jersey loses to Phoenix tonight. This win puts us into a playoff spot. I wanna enjoy it for a bit because it may never happen again lol.

Fei

Just checked NHL for the stats. The top 3 in points right now:

1. Kessel 16
2. Vanek 14
3. Pominville 13

Ridiculous. I know it's a function of the few games played, but I'm still enjoying it.

Montresor

Oh god dammit fuck. I lost track of time after the 2nd intermission and I was playing Horde/Beast mode through the night with peabody (gaffer).

I missed what must have been an awesome third period.

I've gotta shake off Gears 3. It's like crack.

Red_Man

Epic Tales of Penis said:
There's the patented Semin hook! Fuck I wish I saw this guy at a bar and I was drunk.
:lol this could be take so many different ways.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Montresor said:
Oh god dammit fuck. I lost track of time after the 2nd intermission and I was playing Horde/Beast mode through the night with peabody (gaffer).

I missed what must have been an awesome third period.

I've gotta shake off Gears 3. It's like crack.

I wish I had the time to sit down and play my damn Xbox, Gears is just sitting there collecting dust. :(

Montresor

Kave_Man said:
I wish I had the time to sit down and play my damn Xbox, Gears is just sitting there collecting dust. :(

Hit me up when you have time man! I don't think we've ever played together. PM sent.

edit:

Kessel with 9 goals, 7 assists, for 16 points. He's leading the league in points and tied for the lead league in goals. So good.

Good job Gustavsson. The dude can make amazing saves when cunts like Callahan aren't running him over and cunts like Komisarek and Schenn aren't hanging him out to dry.
Though I admit that first goal by Girardi was soft and ugly.

Curufinwe said:
I watched the entire game. Bryzgalov let in one bad goal. The defense played much worse than he did, which is why Bob had to be pulled in the first place.
Excuses. He has a 3.45 GAA and .870 SV%. At some point you have to grab your sac and say:

"I'm stopping this fucking puck."

Vega

Great win for the Pens. Those come from behind wins are the games that really bring a team together. Sick move from Geno in the shootout. Fleury is unbelievable right now.

Socreges

Banned
Curufinwe said:
How do you feel he's been otherwise? Even Bryz is shitting on Bryz. Why you heff to be defensive? It only game.

Silexx

I'm at the game. Awesome finish by the Sens. Now just got to wait for traffic to clear because I don't leave with 2 mins left in a 1 goal game.

KernelPanic said:
He's rapidly improving, he was brutal in his first games but he's catching on quicker than Karlsson did.

Probably too much to ask but I hope Jersey loses to Phoenix tonight. This win puts us into a playoff spot. I wanna enjoy it for a bit because it may never happen again lol.

Yea he's been good the last few games. His best game was tonight though. Ottawa's gonna have a great defence in a few years.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Back to back wins...can we make it three wins in a row? On another note, I'm surprised at how well the Oilers have been playing as of late. Really seems like the return of Smyth has really grounded this team.

Flyers are playing some sorry hockey, all you know-it-alls pointing the finger at the goalies are absolutely assuming wrong. Doesnt have much to do with Pronger's injury either, this team is simply not commited to playing any D, and almost the whole roster is consistently making mental mistakes way too frequently.

I think they started believing the hype and reading their own press clippings prior to the Caps game and thought this was gonna come easy. Learning a hard lesson now.

Aint worried about Bryz one bit, Im actually happy hes decided to not throw his teammates under the bus after this game even though they deserved it. Got to be a team guy if u want the room to play for u and he got off on the wrong foot with a lot of the guy with his comments after recent games.

Just a rough patch for us, we will learn from it and get better, but hopefully expectations are tempered, we were never gonna win the Cup this year, we are just laying the groundwork for next year right now.

Red_Man

How's hammer looked this year epic? He was a pretty stable consistent dman last year but I'm glad they didn't sign him for 2 years.

Red_Man said:
How's hammer looked this year epic? He was a pretty stable consistent dman last year but I'm glad they didn't sign him for 2 years.
I think he's been OK. Good at moving the puck but some dumb penalties here and there too. He pretty much replaced Hannan so I'd say it's a slight upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom