• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, what a terrible penalty call on Niemi. He didn't trip Franzen in the least. Mule just skated across and stepped on his goalie stick.

Wingfan19 said:
Wow, what a terrible penalty call on Niemi. He didn't trip Franzen in the least. Mule just skated across and stepped on his goalie stick.

Who cares, our PP still sucks despite the one waved off goal and other actual goal, we get no shots to the net with it. Looks like this is going to be Detroit's 3rd loss in a row, good job guys, great job.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You can already tell the game is over. I hate that this team is never a threat to come back and tie or win a game late. At least it never seems that way. Yet when the Wings have a 3-2 or 4-2 lead, you never think they have the game in the bag. They just let up and let teams back into games time after time.

This game is ending 4-2 (empty net).

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
And 4-2 empty netter. God dammit Detroit work on a fucking play when you have the man advantage. It's pretty fucking sad when every one of your fans can call your shit 10 seconds ahead of what you're gonna do. Wings are losing tomorrow as well, count it.

SCREW THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit, why don't you play some actual hockey now instead of giving it half effort, you decide you want to win 5 games to start the season and decide that is enough winning for now and just quit?

This is pathetic right now, this team needs something to get them going because right now they suck!!!

Acid08 said:
First line is beast. Wings fans crying. Perfect.

Whatever, probably would have been a different game if they would have actually gave Homer that first goal which shouldn't have been waved off, of course we probably would have blown that 2 goal lead anyways.

Acid08

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Whatever, probably would have been a different game if they would have actually gave Homer that first goal which shouldn't have been waved off, of course we probably would have blown that 2 goal lead anyways.
Hopefully Mulder is on the case, this NHL-Wings conspiracy is serious biz.

Acid08 said:
Hopefully Mulder is on the case, this NHL-Wings conspiracy is serious biz.

Cause Homer hasn't had calls like that before right?

Edit: Not like it would have mattered though, we have some serious problems we need to work out here, and by that I mean by tomorrow or we're going to be looking at 4 straight losses after 5 straight wins.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Cause Homer hasn't had calls like that before right?

Edit: Not like it would have mattered though, we have some serious problems we need to work out here, and by that I mean by tomorrow or we're going to be looking at 4 straight losses after 5 straight wins.
2ailu7n.jpg

Manics

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol FortunateSon, do you not come by NHL Gaf enough?

They're not Vezina candidates, BUT I like Reimer over Gust for the reason that he isn't shaken so easily as Gust is. I can't imagine the rest of the Leafs liking him if he's in a bad mood all the time cause he's blaming them for leaving him defenseless (and it happened a LOT last year). Reimer, while still getting somewhat shoddy defensive coverage, just goes about his business and tries to keep cool under pressure. You won't see any gifs of 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU' outta him.
FortunateSon is the worst kind of "fan". He secretly hopes the Leafs fail so he can come in here with an "I told you so!!!!". Kinda like MPW for the Habs fans. Come to think of it he may be an MPW-alt

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:
FortunateSon is the worst kind of "fan". He secretly hopes the Leafs fail so he can come in here with an "I told you so!!!!". Kinda like MPW for the Habs fans. Come to think of it he may be an MPW-alt
:lol holy shit!

Manics: the leader Leafs Nation needs but not the leader Leafs Nation deserves

My predicted winners for today:

Ottawa at NY Rangers

Boston at Montreal

Florida at Buffalo

Pittsburgh at Toronto

San Jose at NY Islanders

Carolina at Philadelphia

Winnipeg at Tampa Bay

Anaheim at Nashville

Detroit at Minnesota

New Jersey at Dallas

Columbus at Chicago

Los Angeles at Phoenix

Washington at Vancouver

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going to try and watch as much of the game as I can tonight, with the whole halloween party going on, but I hope they can win it for patches.
Jacques Martin on the game vs #bruins tonight: "we have to be ready to go to war".
Lets do this.

MacAttack

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Seguin is Mr. Glass. :'(
Here is the article Sanjuro is referencing: http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story...on-bruins-tyler-seguin-predisposed-hip-injury

Its an interesting article but I think this is just ESPN trying to stir things up and play on the emotions of Boston fans wihle things aren't going well. Here's the hook of the story:
Forward Tyler Seguin has been arguably the Bruins' best player so far in what is shaping up to be a breakout season, but looming in the background is a question about his long-term health.

Seguin has a congenital hip condition that makes him more susceptible to a hip injury, according to league and team sources.

Here are the qualifiers that makes the article somewhat irrellevent at this time:

The condition could lead to an injury that requires surgery and potentially shorten his career, the sources said, but is not a concern for the short-term, nor is it affecting him presently.
It's important to note that hip disorders are common among hockey players. Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli estimated that 70 percent of his players have hip issues and that it is "nothing to be alarmed about." Chiarelli insisted Seguin's condition is not serious.
The article is speculative and I would be interested to know how the article developed since the Bruins did not want to talk about it at all. Seems to me the doctor was called in by the Bruins for a consultation and then ran to the papers for some cheap press.
"With Tyler I've never seen his X-rays and I don't know the specifics of what his problem is," Kelly said. "I've talked a little bit to the team about that he may have something going on, but there are a lot of different types of problems that have some significant implications, and some that have minimal implications and some are really easy to fix.

Red_Man

AngmarsKing701 said:
Me too. We play to the level of our opponent. Look like shit against Ottawa and then shut out Chicago.

Baffling.
Welcome to the last two years of Habs Nation! I think you know our good friend Mr. Cole?

Sanjuro

Quotes from both sides sounded like they were just throwing shit against the wall. Until he actually develops a problem with his play on the ice, there is no issue. The story was just sort of out of the blue for this morning.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Well Jordan Staal is out for today's game @ Toronto, as if this fucking team needed any more injuries....

He didn't even make the trip so who knows how long he could be out for.

yankeehater said:
Why would anyone pick the Flyers after there last few games? I doubt they can keep anyone under 8 goals.

Picking any game the Canes are playing is a crapshoot. All depends on which team shows up at the rink. They beat Buffalo on the road, shutout Chicago at home, but they blew two goal leads in St Louis and Winnipeg and were outplayed by Ottawa at home.

Rollthedice.jpg

MacAttack

More line changes for the Bruins:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
Jordan Caron-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

First line is reunited with healthy Krejci. Seguin on the second line where he belongs. Third line has a lot to prove. Fourth line has been shit outside of Thornton's physical play.

A loss tonight will almost guarantee a trade. My guess is Boychuk and draft picks for a goal scoring winger. A buddy of mine threw out a Krejci/draft pick for Iginla trade.

Red_Man said:
Welcome to the last two years of Habs Nation! I think you know our good friend Mr. Cole?

Yes, yes I do. Important to remember that he played like a 3rd liner on our 1st line for about half of the last season, then turned on the scoring in the second half. That huge contract you guys gave him was based on about 50 games of stellar play.

MacAttack said:

First line is reunited with healthy Krejci. Seguin on the second line where he belongs. Third line has a lot to prove. Fourth line has been shit outside of Thornton's physical play.

A loss tonight will almost guarantee a trade. My guess is Boychuk and draft picks for a goal scoring winger. A buddy of mine threw out a Krejci/draft pick for Iginla trade.

Corvo Curse continues.

Red_Man

AngmarsKing701 said:
Yes, yes I do. Important to remember that he played like a 3rd liner on our 1st line for about half of the last season, then turned on the scoring in the second half. That huge contract you guys gave him was based on about 50 games of stellar play.
He's played really damn good the last 3 games, so if he can keep up that effort for a majority of the season I won't have a problem with it, his type of play is what we needed on this team.

Sanjuro

MacAttack said:

I still hate life. Savard would be sexy as fuck on any of those lines. Makes me almost think we should have thrown our hat in the Jagr sweepstakes until we get a NHL ready winger through the draft or trade.

t0mp

Manics said:
right on.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Don't worry man. Flyers are winning tonight.
<3 you

Socreges

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I still hate life. Savard would be sexy as fuck on any of those lines. Makes me almost think we should have thrown our hat in the Jagr sweepstakes until we get a NHL ready winger through the draft or trade.
You're sounding a lot like Tabris. If Savard was there, at $5.6M or whatever, some other player would have to go. Jagr might have fit, but then who's to say he would have gone to Boston.

MacAttack

I think its safe to say Rich Peverley wouldn't have got his 3yr/$9mil contract if Marc Savard was healthy and on the books. They would have had the cap space to do both but that would mean not re-signing veteran guys next year when they have around 10 UFA's to sign and fit under the cap.

Either way, it's time to move on from Savard talk since he is out indefinitely. The B's have to work with what they have and what they have right now is cap space to bring in a 1 year rental player.

edit: New avatar for tonight's game. Its time to move on from the Cup hangover. Hopefully this will inspire the team to score more goals.

MacAttack

Montresor said:
Mac who was the player in your old avatar? Peverley?

Seguin and I wouldn't rule him out for a return if this avatar doesn't result in some wins.

I'm also up for a 1-week avatar bet for tonights game. Loser gets a Chara bunny suit avatar for halloween.

charabunny8wyc.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My predicted winners for today:

Ottawa at NY Rangers - Ott playing well and NYR still jetlagged I think.

Boston at Montreal - Habs have momentum. B's...are hung over?

Florida at Buffalo - I agree with peins.

Pittsburgh at Toronto - Goddamn...I can't shit talk kassatsu, but I agree :(

San Jose at NY Islanders - I don't see the Isle winning this

Carolina at Philadelphia - This was the toughest to call...Laviolette is pissed.

Winnipeg at Tampa Bay - I think Jets are tired emotionally from the Philly game.

Anaheim at Nashville - I dunno, I think Preds will steal this.

Detroit at Minnesota - Yes, Wings motivated.

New Jersey at Dallas - Not sure why Dallas is playing so well, but Devils don't seem a match.

Columbus at Chicago - Poor Columbus... :(

Los Angeles at Phoenix - LA on hot streak and riding a hot goalie.

Washington at Vancouver - Sorry, Canuck fans, I think the Caps are on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom