• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Caps are going to lose this game if they keep taking Semin-like penalties all night.

The refs don't seem to want to call anything on the Oilers but are calling everything on us.

Fuck you Caps. Boudreau obviously isn't reading my posts with his iPad.

I'm off to bed.

16:37 J. Carlson - Delaying Game-Puck over glass (2 Min)

17:43 R. Hamrlik - Hooking (2 Min)

2nd Period:
04:29 J. Schultz - Hooking (2 Min)

12:04 T. Brouwer - Hooking (2 Min)

13:23 M. Johansson - Closing hand on puck (2 Min)

17:11 M. Perreault - Slashing (2 Min)

18:14 K. Alzner - Holding the stick (2 Min)

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Dastardly Jerks said:
For a drunk guy he's amazingly accurate.

The DIU jokes still have some life left, right?

It turns out prison is the best off-season training program.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The Caps are mortal, thank god. All it takes is some plucky kids, a hot goaltender and some pissed off refs.

MPW

Tabris said:
Bryz's comments is what I want to hear Luongo say.

loluongo will never man up and say that

i think bryz is getting too much blame, flyers defense is mediocre, especially without pronger

Erdrick

The Jets game tonight... I nearly had like 3 heart attacks. Defense just went out the window, it seemed. Even Noel was baffled as to what to say in the post-game conference.

Some positives though:

Burmistrov once again continues to improve.

Antropov, as much as I loathe to admit it has been one of the better players for us thus far. He is leading by example with his experience and level-headedness.

Kane is also picking up some more playtime and improving each game.

Tim Stapleton had his best game tonight, manning our power play on the point. Impressive, considering.

Jim Slater has some crazy shot/goal %

Kyle Wellwood, much like Antropov has begun to grow on me. He was one of the few players tonight that actually played with some defensive ability.

Noel should tear a lot of the players a new one though for the HORRIBLE play that they displayed and allowed the Flyers to even have a chance in this insane game. A win is a win, but damn...

Better buckle down for Tampa on Saturday. None of this Blades Of Steel type scores please.

Tabris

Man the GAF fantasy league is starting to heat up. Red Dead Enforcer (who is this?) and MULTIPLE SCOREGASMS (bishop?) are battling for 1st right now, and both me (Renewed Destiny) and Holgren's Homers (tomp or brucewayne?) are making a run at 1st. Once I get Sidney Crosby back, my team should be firing on all cylinders.

Puddles

Banned
Oh man, I slept through the game. Kings!!!

Beating Dallas is always fun. Good to see Mike Richards with a great game like that.

Todays NHL.com headlines: Jet Fuel and Full Price. Lovely.

Renewed Destiny?

Christ Tabris, you can't even make a fantasy team name without embarassing yourself...

Puddles

Banned
God, my league sucks. Even when you drop a player, he's on your team for the next 24 hours. I wasn't aware of this, and so I'm still on the hook for all of Bryzgalov's stupid goals against tonight. I didn't bother benching him because I thought he'd be gone.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Did the Oilers beat the best team in the league tonight?
Of course not. They can't beat themselves. They did, however, beat the Washington Capitals.

Pewp

Pochacco said:
Of course not. They can't beat themselves. They did, however, beat the Washington Capitals.

48XKi.png

Puddles

Banned
Oilers have no offense. Once Khabibulin reverts even slightly towards his career numbers, they won't be winning this many low-scoring games.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the Habs game, great stuff! Price was fantastic. Subban and Marchand were pretty funny. Thankfully the Bruins PP is awful.

Things are looking up.

lupinko

Pochacco said:

Pochacco
asking dangerous questions
(Yesterday, 11:09 PM)

Solo

So, I feel like I'm responsible for the Habs past two wins. I said thdey needed to switch to 2 aggressive forecheckers and stop playing the trap to try and protect a one goal lead, and they have done both.

Give me some dap, Jacques!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Montresor said:
Hit me up when you have time man! I don't think we've ever played together. PM sent.

edit:

Kessel with 9 goals, 7 assists, for 16 points. He's leading the league in points and tied for the lead league in goals. So good.

Good job Gustavsson. The dude can make amazing saves when cunts like Callahan aren't running him over and cunts like Komisarek and Schenn aren't hanging him out to dry.
Though I admit that first goal by Girardi was soft and ugly.

Will do, once I dust off that beast of a gaming machine. :)

Puddles said:
Oilers have no offense. Once Khabibulin reverts even slightly towards his career numbers, they won't be winning this many low-scoring games.

Khabibulin is known for playing well during contract years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom