• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Habs!

smc0X.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Go Sharks! Keep on the upswing, every game has been better and better.

How is Ian White been Wings fans? I liked him in the playoffs last year but he's so tiny.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Acid08 said:
Go Sharks! Keep on the upswing, every game has been better and better.

How is Ian White been Wings fans? I liked him in the playoffs last year but he's so tiny.

He's been a good addition and replacement for Rafalski. Very solid defensively and doesn't seem to make the turnovers that plagued Rafalski over the past two seasons.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MacAttack said:
From Left to Right: McQuaid, Chara, Caron and Marchand visiting the Boston Children's Hospital.

potd_kayla_slideg84p.jpg

That's cool. Love to hear stories about players doing this sort of thing for those in need.

Levyne

Banned
That kid looks half happy half totally embarrassed/disgusted.

Go Hawks, will be flipping between hockey and baseball tonight.

Khold said:
That kid looks half happy half totally embarrassed/disgusted.

Go Hawks, will be flipping between hockey and baseball tonight.
I like how she's leaning away from the side where Brad Marchand is.

And close to Zdeno Chara's massive penis.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Plinko said:
He's been a good addition and replacement for Rafalski. Very solid defensively and doesn't seem to make the turnovers that plagued Rafalski over the past two seasons.
always thought he was under-rated here in Toronto

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:
You're a shit fan, please switch to the Sens.
hahahaha weren't you the one worrying about your heart after learning he was in net...like...yesterday? I keed I keed! :D

Good to hear you're doing well though!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If the Wings top line doesn't score at least 1 goal this game... Then I honestly don't know what else they can do. They've been ridiculous so far, but no puck luck.

Manics said:
You're a shit fan, please switch to the Sens.

Gustavsson is god. You happy leaf fan?

Keep riding it while it lasts. When our offense prowess fail. Gustavsson will be lighted up and we can't do shit. Hell, if the other team scores 3 goals against our team, which practically has been every game this season and if our offense can't keep up, we're doomed.

Don't get it? Look at maple leafs team statistics (gf/ga) for fuck sakes before you call other people shitty fans.

Our goalies are average at best, both of em'. Not to say, they are complete garbage but they definitely (Gustavsson was good last night) have not shown any improvement. Anyone else saying otherwise, pretty much all the fucking leaf fans in here are dick riding will be eating crow.

Shit, I can name probably a few bandwagon leaf fans in this thread as it is.

First, Reimer was compared to Price, now we fucking compare Gustavsson to Lundqvist? WHAT THE FUCK?

Lundqvist > rapes both our goalies.

Wingfan19 said:
If the Wings top line doesn't score at least 1 goal this game... Then I honestly don't know what else they can do. They've been ridiculous so far, but no puck luck.

They are really entertaining to watch!

Edit: That goal by Zetterburg as I posted this.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Of course goalie interference... Let's see how this is gonna be called back.

EDIT - Wow, that's a bullshit interference call once again on Holmstrom. He's outside the crease and diving back to pull the puck in as Niemi went down and did the splits. Such BS, it's all reputation.

Wingfan19 said:

EDIT - Wow, that's a bullshit interference call once again on Holmstrom. He's outside the crease and diving back to pull the puck in as Niemi went down and did the splits. Such BS, it's all reputation.

Typical Holmstrom call, it was a beautiful tip off the boards to score it too, but because it was Homer, it is no goal. It is pure reputation which is really a shame.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Wingfan19 said:

This sort of thing has gotten out of hand in the past couple days. The Rangers had two called back, the Pens had one. Cooke bumped the goalies glove, just the glove, outside of the crease and they called back a PP goal.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, Clowe with a ppg. C'mon Detroit, get through a game without allowing one for christs sake.

EDIT - Oh that's cool, that goal broke their 0 for 13 road drought, what else is new?

Manics

Banned
FortunateSon said:
First, Reimer was compared to Price, now we fucking compare Gustavsson to Lundqvist? WHAT THE FUCK?
Reimer had one bad game, Gustavsson needed to play a few to heat up. Wise the fuck up rookie. Did you just start watching hockey in the last 10 years? Oh wait you did.

Manics said:
Reimer had one bad game, Gustavsson needed to play a few to heat up. Wise the fuck up rookie. Did you just start watching hockey in the last 10 years? Oh wait you did.
He might be a little wet around the ears and not too familiar with the nuances of the game but I think you might be a little too hard on the kid.

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
He might be a little wet around the ears and not too familiar with the nuances of the game but I think you might be a little too hard on the kid.
Step 1 for the rookie check the record 6-2-1. Average goalies? Yeah we should be 9-0. Fuckin rook get out of my face.

Manics said:

Where was Reimer or Gustavsson 10 years ago? Oh yeah.

Anyways, Reimer had one bad game? How about he had many AVERAGE games so did Gustavsson?

Suddenly, in your eyes average = Exceptional?

Seriously, come on. A look at the statistics tell otherwise.

Our goalies (both of em') let in an average of 3 goals a game, I'm surprised it wasn't 4 goals a game, honestly. It will be sooner or later though with the way they are playing right now.

And for leafs (I really want to see them succeed), I hope Kessel will be beasting it every game (like him a lot) as we need it with our goalie situation.

That is some amazing god-tier level goaltending.

Anyways, I can't be bothered with you. You might as well sack Peddie and co. leathery balls or however you say that.

check the record 6-2-1.

I'd like to thank Kessel, Lupul, Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Lombardi, McArthur, Gardiner, Kulemin, Grabovski for that record.

Manics

Banned
FortunateSon said:
Where was Reimer or Gustavsson 10 years ago? Oh yeah.

Anyways, Reimer had one bad game? How about he had many AVERAGE games so did Gustavsson?

Suddenly, in your eyes average = Exceptional?

Seriously, come on. A look at the statistics tell otherwise.

Our goalies (both of em') let in an average of 3 goals a game, I'm surprised it wasn't 4 goals a game, honestly. It will be sooner or later though with the way they are playing right now.

And for leafs (I really want to see them succeed), I hope Kessel will be beasting it every game (like him a lot) as we need it with our goalie situation.

That is some amazing god-tier level goaltending.

Anyways, I can't be bothered with you. You might as well sack Peddie and co. leathery balls or however you say that.
Please PM Socreges for tips on how to compose a soliloquy. Fucking painful to read.

Soc please take care of this kid.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:lol FortunateSon, do you not come by NHL Gaf enough?

They're not Vezina candidates, BUT I like Reimer over Gust for the reason that he isn't shaken so easily as Gust is. I can't imagine the rest of the Leafs liking him if he's in a bad mood all the time cause he's blaming them for leaving him defenseless (and it happened a LOT last year). Reimer, while still getting somewhat shoddy defensive coverage, just goes about his business and tries to keep cool under pressure. You won't see any gifs of 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU' outta him.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm...so I'm just taking a quick look at the standings now

Boston last in East
Vancouver 12th in West

What. The. Fuck?!

/depth

The wrong kind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom