• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Crazed, just trolling because I'm sour about the Pens losing to the Leafs.

Canucks fans, is there any serious talk about Luongo's future in Vancouver, and if it may be on shaky ground?

Alucard said:
Crazed, just trolling because I'm sour about the Pens losing to the Leafs.

Canucks fans, is there any serious talk about Luongo's future in Vancouver, and if it may be on shaky ground?

Sorry man, I'm not in a great mood at all right now at all after that as you can tell and have a very short temper so the mix is never good.

Heretic

Socreges said:
Behind Lu right now. Definitely been the most interesting side, good and bad.

Kinda awesome being so close to Ovechkins top-corner snipe. Was in awe instead of being crushed like with Knubles.
Right behind? What are you wearing?

Alucard said:
He's still our clear starter for the next few years.

Schneider will not be competing with Luongo for the starting job, but 2-3 years down the road when Eddie Lack is ready for the NHL, that's when the questions will likely start coming up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SpectreFire said:
He's still our clear starter for the next few years.

Schneider will not be competing with Luongo for the starting job, but 2-3 years down the road when Eddie Lack is ready for the NHL, that's when the questions will likely start coming up.
Trade him to the Devils?

For....goddamn...what do the Devils have left besides Parise?

Revenant

Socreges said:
9th row up from Lu. Wearing a hat with a puck in it. Gf has a blue toque.

I would say hold up a sign, but I don't think you could keep it 5 words or less.

seriously though, nice seats. Did you pay for em or run into em by some fortunate incident?

Heretic

Socreges said:
9th row up from Lu. Wearing a hat with a puck in it. Gf has a blue toque.
I'll check the replays to see if you show up! From the score it looks like an exciting game to be at! Great seats too!

Montresor

Tonight is a good night. Leafs win. Habs win (Bruins lose). Gaf helped me get the beast onyx medal in gears. And I'm sitting to watch the third period of Nucks and Caps with my brother.

So glad I chose not to watch this garbage. Even at 6-0 the Caps weren't impressive outside of the Philly and Wings games. This team is winning FUCK ALL with that moron behind the bench.

Glad for Socreges at least. Gets to see his team win and gets to stretch his girl's box later tonight.

I'm out.

Acid08

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
So glad I chose not to watch this garbage. Even at 6-0 the Caps weren't impressive outside of the Philly and Wings games. This team is winning FUCK ALL with that moron behind the bench.

Glad for Socreges at least. Gets to see his team win and gets to stretch his girl's box later tonight.

I'm out.
You had a great night in this thread.

My favorite line was where he said he went out and killed bears to "enjoy God's creation". I'm so using that line the next time I do something that pisses people off.

I called it.

http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=32246211&postcount=9265

Onto the game, 2 points for the leafs! Gustavsson played great, for once but he still lets in 3 goals and the fucking rebound control, jesus. Thank god, our defence decided to help him out. Kessel is amazing (10 goals, 8 assists?), exceptional so far. Then you got the likes of Steckel, Grabovski, McCarthur (spelling?), Connoly, Lupul, Lombardi. We got a pretty potent offense!

Our defence played great, Phaneuf was great as usual. Komisarek (what the heck happen?).

And finally, leaf fans putting hope on Gustavsson, lmao. Our offence had to put up 4 goals AGAIN to WIN a game.

We aren't going to make the playoffs with goaltending like that, if we do, we are sure to get bounced.

3 goals allowed.

HOLY SHIT.

Jonas Gustavsson:

.886% / 3.86 gaa. FUCKING LOL. This shit will get us to the promise land BOYS. Guess what? Reimer ain't too hot as well. Please give me Thomas or something.

Leafs 2nd half tix go on sale in January at some point but good luck getting Saturday tix vs the Habs and honouring a player......

You may be able to get singles up in the purples if you are lucky

CCF23

Socreges said:
Fuck me that game was AWESOME. Everything happened on our side, too.

Same with me. You must have been on the same side. 6 of the 7 Canuck goals on that side. So sweettttttt.

tumblr_loexfgfhHW1qe3ljao1_500.jpg

Mike Gillis is king of the trade deadline. Everyone overpays for rentals, he goes out and gets two absolutely wonderfully fitting depth players and signs them to reasonable deals.

I'm impressed by how well a bunch of Mike Gillis's reclamation projects have been working out.

Raffi Tores, Chris Higgins, Max Lapierre, all of them were pretty much staring down at the end of their NHL careers and rebounded quite impressively.

I think at this rate, Higgins might turn out into one of the league's best bargains. He's definitely gotten back his scoring touch and unless something goes horribly south, he'll easily notch another 20 goals season, hell, he's on pace for 40 and could potentially see 25-30.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
BigJonsson said:
I hope the Leafs can keep this up, I had forgotten what it was like to REALLY look forward to watching Leafs games :p

hey last year got pretty nuts... i mean they were really making a run for it :)

Ryan Getzlaf said:
“We keep talking about all this stuff and changing rules and head shots and all that kind of stuff,” Getzlaf said. ”That’s not the stuff that’s hurting our game. It’s the lack of respect on the ice. I’m tired of watching Jordin Tootoo out there, a guy who runs around and hits and does everything else but the first little slash, he’s laying on the ice and he’s out the next shift.
“It’s embarrasssing and I’m sick of it. If they want to change the game and they want things to be better and they want more respect on the ice, get guys like that off the ice then. I’m sick of it.”

Source

Oh Getzy :D

Alucard

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:

I'm out.

Yeah, I think a more accurate record for them right now would be 5-4-0 and not 7-2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom