• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tabris said:
I am shrugging them off. It's October. In October, Vancouver, Boston, Detroit and Anaheim are out of a playoff spot. These teams will be leading their divisions (well San Jose and Chicago may have a thing to say but they'll be battling for that top spot) by November/December.

This is the only time I hope you are right.

Wingfan19 said:
That's what I've been saying for 3 years now. Teams have easily caught on to this and just clog up the middle of the ice, totally negating all good scoring chances. They also know when to pressure our D to make them hurry the shot, 9 out of 10 times blocking/deflecting it before it even comes close to be a scoring threat. If I could write down what my brain is seeing fast enough when I watch them play, I could predict 8 out of 10 plays/passes/shots that the Wings will attempt before it happens. It's quite sad. I was hoping two new assistant coaches would be able to shake things up a bit, but it appears they're just sticking with what they think works.

Detroit loves that puck control and they still do control the puck better than any other team in the league, but because they limit themselves to that style of play, other teams have figured out how to stop them. Detroit isn't set up to play dump and chase, we don't have fast/big players that can skate into the corners and retrieve the puck. Helm is fast, but not big, Homer is big, but not fast, etc.

I think Tuesday's game against the Wild will be a blow out one way or another. It won't be another 1-0/2-1 win/loss. Either the Wings wake up and smoke them 5-2 or 6-1, or the Wild hand us another embarrassing loss.

I guess we can only wait and see here, they need to win though now, enough messing around, we need to get back to how we were playing the first 5 games, and we have to do that now.

Socreges

Banned
Some comments on last night.

- Did anyone see Ovi flopping? The "Ooooovvviiiii" chants were LOUD after that and kept going for the rest of the game.
- Fourth line had their best game of the season. Great hits, goals, and even a breakaway by Weise.
- Luongo was really solid. Shame about the breakaway goal, but great otherwise.
- GF was loving Ballard's play and talking about getting his jersey. Then he had a horrible linechange leading to the 4-4 goal and realized the error of her ways.
- Costume was a big hit with the fans, but I think we didn't make the jumbotron because 'pucks killing fans' is still not funny on a corporate scale.

Heretic

Socreges said:

- Did anyone see Ovi flopping? The "Ooooovvviiiii" chants were LOUD after that and kept going for the rest of the game.
- Fourth line had their best game of the season. Great hits, goals, and even a breakaway by Weise.
- GF was loving Ballard's play and talking about getting his jersey. Then he had a horrible linechange leading to the 4-4 goal and realized the error of her ways.
- Costume was a big hit with the fans, but I think we didn't make the jumbotron because 'pucks killing fans' is still not funny on a corporate scale.
Lol! Got any pics?

Socreges said:

Seems like you had a great time!

Flopping is diving right?

CCF23

Socreges said:

Ovi chants were awesome. I would have never done that in a one goal game, though :p.

Silexx said:
Well, looks like Kanopka is scratched for tonight's game, so Filatov is going to be in the lineup after all.

I wonder if he's improved, he had 5pts in 7 games there. Even Lehner said he's too good for the AHL. Hopefully they don't play him on the 4th line or something.

The penalty kill, on the other hand...

7fiKp.jpg

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
That was a sick pass.

And LOL @ Gus totally dogging that. He looked like he ducked away from the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom