• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wingfan19 said:
But would you be surprised if we didn't? Head to head against former assistant coach, season opener, and a supposedly "weak" opponent. That's a fail mix if I've ever seen one.

BTW, here's the opening night line up

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary

Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl

Howard

Conklin

Eaves-Brunnstrom (healthy scratches)

Commodore (knee, out)

This is what I'm afraid of too, it has all the right ingrediants to spell a classical Wings failure. Also what the heck, should have Eaves and Brunnstrom in instead of Miller and Emmerton. Hopefully they are in for tomorrow's game against the Avs then.

Manics

Banned
Foreign Jackass said:
Seriously though, the part I watched (the first, mainly),

Geez Jackass, I never pegged you as a bandwagon fan. Guess you're just counting off time until the Nordiques get a team back?

Manics said:
Geez Jackass, I never pegged you as a bandwagon fan. Guess you're just counting off time until the Nordiques get a team back?
That's the true French team man. None of this Anglophone crap that has always been the Habs.

Nordiques were hardcore gangsta separatist shit man.

cheddar

Neo Member
Weird seeing Richards in a Kings jersey. But I'm hoping Flyers West does well, Gagne, Richards, and Williams have all been favorites for a long time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Marvie_3 said:
Holy fuck. NBC, please fire Milbury.
He's trending on Twitter, so he must've said something spot-on! I wish he would come back to NESN.

Marvie_3

Banned
vatstep said:
He's trending on Twitter, so he must've said something spot-on! I wish he would come back to NESN.
I wish he would too. Then I wouldn't have to look at his fat face while he spouts off his stupid bullshit all the time.

Chris R

Anyone here have Center Ice with directv? How is it? Considering picking it up since it isn't really that bad of a price (compared to NFL Sunday Ticket!) but I wanted some first hand experience. Also, is there a way to figure out what my blackout zone would be?

Fei

Sabres played such a boring third period, but I know that's how Ruff wants it. All around that was a great win. Power play and PK looked strong. New additions stood out. No complaints.

The most noticeable difference for me in the first game is the team has three legitimate scoring lines now. The Sabres 9 forwards who have the ability to score 20 goals this year - Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Leino, Ennis, Gerbe, Boyes, Stafford and Adam (who is a stretch for sure).

OnPoint

SpectreFire said:
Instead of suspensions. Players should be punished by having to sit next to Pierre McGuire in the press box for an entire game.

They would never make the same mistake twice, that's for sure

stay gold

Callahan had 11 shots tonight, what a beast!

The last 2 periods were more encouraging from the Rangers after an awful 1st. Really need Staal back asap though, and to cut the retarded penalties out.

MacAttack

bonesmccoy said:
"Everyone Sucks at Hockey - Except Us"

Mike Milbury is a class act:
MikeMilbury.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Just realized I never did my predictions:

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. Chicago
4. San Jose
5. Nashville
6. Detroit
7. Anaheim
8. Calgary

St. Louis
Columbus
Minnesota
Dallas
Colorado
Edmonton
Phoenix

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Buffalo
4. New York Rangers
5. Tampa Bay
6. Boston
7. Philadelphia
8. Toronto

Montreal
Carolina
New Jersey
Florida
Winnipeg
New York Islanders
Ottawa

fallout

Socreges said:
Is fallout abandoning the Oilers?
It's easier when they're in a different conference. It's harder when you live in the city and have season tickets. I think you can understand my plight.

At least with the Jets, there's some hope tha-

MacAttack said:
My only prediction is Winnipeg finishing last in the Eastern Conference.
I ... :(

Socreges

Banned
No way anyone finishes below Ottawa.

fallout, both the Oilers and the Jets then. You're that nice guy who dates fat chicks because no one else will.

MacAttack

fallout said:
It's easier when they're in a different conference. It's harder when you live in the city and have season tickets. I think you can understand my plight.

At least with the Jets, there's some hope tha-

I ... :(

Sorry, bro nothing personal. I just didn't like the way Atlanta played last season.

fallout

MacAttack said:
Sorry, bro nothing personal. I just didn't like the way Atlanta played last season.
Nah, I was just using your post for the joke. I don't have huge expectations, either. Given the start they had last year, I think they have potential to do good things. I'm also expecting a boost from the move. So, I don't see them finishing last, but making the playoffs will be tough, especially with the division that they're playing in (who would have thought I'd be saying that about the Southeast a few years ago).

fallout said:
Nah, I was just using your post for the joke. I don't have huge expectations, either. Given the start they had last year, I think they have potential to do good things. I'm also expecting a boost from the move. So, I don't see them finishing last, but making the playoffs will be tough, especially with the division that they're playing in (who would have thought I'd be saying that about the Southeast a few years ago).
There's in a different situation than they were in Atlanta too. They're now in a city where they play in sellout home crowds every night, and there's an expectation to win and play hard. These guys have something to prove this year around, and while I don't think they'll make the playoffs, I think they'll still put on a solid season and make a good push for a spot.

I'm also just waiting for Evander Kane to break out, that kid is going to be amazing to watch a few years down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom