• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
SpectreFire said:
I'm also just waiting for Evander Kane to break out, that kid is going to be amazing to watch a few years down the stretch.
Unfortunately for him, we have already witnessed the greatest moment of his career, never to be surpassed:

aXzGG.jpg

Alright guys, I'm here FULLY to pledge my support for god's team. Obviously. I've been here long enough, lurked more than posted but pretty much know all the posters in this thread.

Lets go leafs!

By the way, 1-0-0 at the expense of habs.

Phaneuf was great, Reimer was great as well! Anyone know what's up with Connoly? And when did we pick up Steckel?

And to the rest of the teams/fans, goodluck but I still hate every canadian team except for the leafs. I'm territorial!

Edit: BISH! OH HEY BISH! Better be ready to wipe my tag off as the leafs will win the cup before the canucks ever do. Lol, your team has a goalie that is mentally fragile as a child!

FortunateSon said:
Edit: BISH! OH HEY BISH! Better be ready to wipe my tag off as the leafs will win the cup before the canucks ever do. Lol, your team has a goalie that is mentally fragile as a child!
Oh, shhhhhiiiiitttt!!!

You back on the bandwagon again man?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
3N16MA said:
Penguins have 2 points = Best team in the NHL.

It's going to stay that way. Got the President's Trophy locked down already, the Malkby Fletang dynasty is here baby!

3N16MA

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Good point. Like you being a Pens fan since they won the lottery and got Sid!

Did you start watching hockey in 2005? Those Penguins teams in the 90's were pure trash right?

Fei

Yeah, a day late but what the hell.

1. Washington
2. New York Rangers
3. Boston
4. Buffalo
5. Philadelphia
6. Pittsburgh
7. Tampa Bay
8. Toronto
------
New York Islanders
New Jersey
Montreal
Florida
Winnipeg
Carolina
Ottawa

1. Vancouver
2. Chicago
3. Los Angeles
4. San Jose
5. Nashville
6. Detroit
7. Calgary
8. Columbus
-----
Anaheim
Edmonton
St. Louis
Minnesota
Dallas
Phoenix
Colorado

RED WINGS HOCKEY GUYS!!!! RED WINGS HOCKEY IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I'M READY, JUST DROP THE PUCK ALREADY AND LETS PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to get angry and turn the game off when they blow a lead or just suck

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I think it's time for Bud Lynch to hang em up. He's like 95 years old and can barely even say anyone's name correctly anymore. He didn't even try with Abdelkader's.

Wingfan19 said:
Ugh, I think it's time for Bud Lynch to hang em up. He's like 95 years old and can barely even say anyone's name correctly anymore. He didn't even try with Abdelkader's.

Oh well, that is the fun in it.

OK, there are a lot of hot wives and daughters for the Wings.

Also this is nice honoring the fallen from the KHL crash.

kassatsu

Banned
3N16MA said:
Did you start watching hockey in 2005? Those Penguins teams in the 90's were pure trash right?
Don't try to argue with them. Every Pens fan only started liking them when Crosby was signed... even if you have photographic proof that states otherwise.

Manics

Banned
I love the fear I can sense from Leafs haters in the thread already. " but but but Leafs bandwagoners will be gone by November" "Manics starting off season thread soon"

You guys *know* Reimer will be the difference this year. When the Leafs have a standout goalie we win. Cujo, Belfour..it's been a while but we now have the man in place for at least a decade.

Yes, we're a playoff team now.

Yes.

CrazedArabMan said:
Weren't the Leafs 4 and 0 at the start of last season? So the Leafs have to start 5 and 0 to be in the playoffs then confirmed!!

Yes, but it's different this year!!!!

Just like it was last year, and the year before and so forth.

I think though the Leafs actually having a modicum of depth this year will pay dividends come November, which is usually when we begin our awful phase.

Manics

Banned
bonesmccoy said:
Yes, but it's different this year!!!!

Just like it was last year, and the year before and so forth.

I think though the Leafs actually having a modicum of depth this year will pay dividends come November, which is usually when we begin our awful phase.
Goalie. Check.
Confidence. Check.
Depth. Check.

pringles

CrazedArabMan said:
Yup, though Detroit looks a tad bit rusty so far, but hopefully they can shake it off.
A tad?? The game is so janky and disorganized it looks like no one (on either team) remembers how to play hockey. I'm guessing the quality of play will improve as the game goes along..atleast I hope so.

MacAttack

Manics said:
I love the fear I can sense from Leafs haters in the thread already. " but but but Leafs bandwagoners will be gone by November" "Manics starting off season thread soon"

You guys *know* Reimer will be the difference this year. When the Leafs have a standout goalie we win. Cujo, Belfour..it's been a while but we now have the man in place for at least a decade.

Yes, we're a playoff team now.

Yes.

If we are to accept this as fact, the more interesting question becomes who doesn't make the playoffs.

pringles said:
A tad?? The game is so janky and disorganized it looks like no one (on either team) remembers how to play hockey. I'm guessing the quality of play will improve as the game goes along..atleast I hope so.

True, players are falling and flying everywhere, kinda funny at moments.

MacAttack

Epic Tales of Penis said:

Wow, Habs vs Leafs open and close the season against each other. Thats pretty cool, will it come down to the last game or when do you expect the Leafs to clinch a playoff birth?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for the game tomorrow. I'm also really excited since I got tickets to the game vs. the Lightning on Monday. I didn't get the chance to go to a game last season. I've only watched the Pens/Canucks game last night.

pringles

Nice one Bert. We'll see if that loosens up the nerves of these teams because I don't want another 16 minutes of play before the next scoring chance comes.

MacAttack said:
Wow, Habs vs Leafs open and close the season against each other. Thats pretty cool, will it come down to the last game or when do you expect the Leafs to clinch a playoff birth?
Who knows man. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, this is really annoying that NHL GameCenter isn't showing the intermissions anymore. I have to keep hearing this stupid guitar twanging song over and over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom