• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Hawks outshooting Stars 19-2 in the 2nd. Being outscored 1-0. Nice.

KoruptData said:
29 years of existence and I just watched my first hockey game from start to finish. I really enjoyed it. Blue Jackets lost but the new guy Carter looked real good. Seems the jackets looked slow and not into it at some points and thats when the Preds striked. When the jackets turned the intensity up, they looked like the better team.
Good stuff.

Marvie_3

Banned
Glad the 'Hawks didn't get shut out but Lehtonen was great tonight. Hopefully the 'Hawks can roll with more than 3 lines tomorrow night.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well, with the Phillies blowing it, and the Eagles unlikely to even make the playoffs, the hopes and dreams of Philadelphia all rest on the Flyers now. Enjoy.

Not the best start of the season:(, but damn it is nice to have to live the US and have versus. I watched NHL from 4 pm to 9 pm and I loved it. This is gonna be the best season ever. If the Hawks make an ok playoff run I will be able to enjoy it so much more than when im back home and have to be awake in the middle of the night!

So the Canes start the new season the same way they ended the old one. By getting blown out, by divison rival Tampa, by 4 goals, on home ice.

Nice.

It's gonna be a loooooong fucking season. Is Mo fired yet?

That Spezza-Michalek goal was bawss.

Prepared for a long season though. I think getting rid of Phillips/Gonchar will be a huge step in the right direction.

Kessel_WCHA2011.jpg

Buba Big Guns said:
Prepared for a long season though. I think getting rid of Phillips/Gonchar will be a huge step in the right direction.

Having a bunch of kids on D with less than 1 year experience would be a disaster, and would put us below the floor to boot.

New team, new lineups, new coach, new system. Gonna take a while for things to come together.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
http://images.wikia.com/icehockey/images/c/cf/Kessel_WCHA2011.jpg

Did Kessel have a sex change ?

American Airlines Centre is a beautiful arena.

I predicted to my co-workers that Jamie Benn would be a beast tonight so he made me look good.

Also, the way Souray played he'd be automatically the 2nd best D guy on the Oilers after Whitney.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Boudreau is dumb. I would expect him to start Vokoun in our first match of the season but that isn't the case. I hope to see him start when I go to the game Monday.

MacAttack

gz-thomas-save2puyg.jpg

Another playoff rematch tonight for the B's vs. the Lightning. This could develop into a good rivalry if both teams can remain competitive. I expect the Lightning will put out a strong showing as Philly did with a probable chip on their shoulders.

I expect Timmy in net tonight but is there any chance Rask gets a game? Perhaps his first game will be the Columbus day afternoon game.

thomas-stlouis.jpg

sazabirules said:
Boudreau is dumb. I would expect him to start Vokoun in our first match of the season but that isn't the case. I hope to see him start when I go to the game Monday.
I disagree. Vokoun looked like shit in the preseason. Both goalies each played 3 games:

Neuvirth: 1.35 GAA and .949 SV%

Vokoun: 3.26 GAA and .870 SV%

IMO playing time is earned and not dished out due to rep. More importantly, if Boudreau is preaching more player accountability this season as the organization has said, starting Vokoun goes against that sentiment.

Vokoun should suck it up and man up. You angry? Then go out there and prove Boudreau wrong.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm thinking of buy a new jersey. I'm just curious if you guys think a size 52 would fit me.

I'm 6'2" and 210 pounds. I have a Pominville 56 (LOL) and it's ridiculous, so I figured I'd be safe going down 2 sizes.

My only concern is the sleeve length, but the sizing charts on NHL.com don't mention the lengths so I figure they're all the same across the different sizes.

Any thoughts?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
It's probably best for the Caps long-term if Neuvirth steps up and earns the starting spot. Having Vokoun as a backup and to help Neuvirth develop might be the best course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom