• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Epic Tales of Penis said:
I disagree. Vokoun looked like shit in the preseason. Both goalies each played 3 games:

Neuvirth: 1.35 GAA and .949 SV%

Vokoun: 3.26 GAA and .870 SV%

IMO playing time is earned and not dished out due to rep. More importantly, if Boudreau is preaching more player accountability this season as the organization has said, starting Vokoun goes against that sentiment.

Vokoun should suck it up and man up. You angry? Then go out there and prove Boudreau wrong.

Preseason doesn't mean anything though.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
How about the fact Neuvirth was the #1 last season and led the team into the playoffs.

If his lacklustre preseason doesnt count, then whatt has Vokoun done to warrant the start?

He's just the better Czech goalie. I've always been a big supporter of Neuvirth but I just want to see the new goalie.

Razorskin

----- ------
sazabirules said:
One of my main hopes for the season is for the Avalanche to finish last. If that happens we get Yakupov.

If that happens I would be mad at how successful the caps are/will become.

CrankyJay

Banned
CrankyJay said:
I'm thinking of buy a new jersey. I'm just curious if you guys think a size 52 would fit me.

I'm 6'2" and 210 pounds. I have a Pominville 56 (LOL) and it's ridiculous, so I figured I'd be safe going down 2 sizes.

My only concern is the sleeve length, but the sizing charts on NHL.com don't mention the lengths so I figure they're all the same across the different sizes.

Any thoughts?

Posting for new page.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Me too but I think Varly will have a huge year so that won't happen.

How did their offense and defense change though?

I wonder how many players in the starting lineup for the Panthers are new.

ZeroGravity

I'm hoping Vokoun kind of regrets signing with Washington if he ends up being relegated to backup. He'll be more than welcome in Tampa next season!

Cactus

Banned
Me too but I think Varly will have a huge year so that won't happen.

I don't know...even if Varlamov somehow reaches career high numbers on a much worse team, I still think they end up near the bottom.

Their defence is pretty substandard outside of Johnson, and they're counting on a guy who missed an entire season with a concussion (Mueller) and an 18 year old rookie (Landeskog) to be sources of offence outside of Duchene/Stastny/Hedjuk.

sazabirules said:
One of my main hopes for the season is for the Avalanche to finish last. If that happens we get Yakupov.

We shall try our hardest to beat them then tonight for you. As long as we don't blow a lead like we almost did yesterday.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Campolis out for a few months Jesus Christ we have the worst luck of any team, it's actually incredible time for Emelin to step up or go back to Russia

Marvie_3

Banned
replayy said:
Gotta love being the visiting team, in Sweden, with Lundqvist on your team.
Of all the things to whine about.....

Buffalo has 2 German players yet they're the away team in Berlin today.
Anaheim had 2 Finnish players on their roster yesterday and were the away team in Helsinki.

So I don't think the NHL gives a shit about the nationality of a player or two when making the schedule. Besides, how the hell do you even consider it a "home" game when you're thousands of miles away from your home arena?

Marvie_3 said:
Of all the things to whine about.....

Buffalo has 2 German players yet they're the away team in Berlin today.
Anaheim had 2 Finnish players on their roster yesterday and were the away team in Helsinki.

So I don't think the NHL gives a shit about the nationality of a player or two when making the schedule. Besides, how the hell do you even consider it a "home" game when you're thousands of miles away from your home arena?

They just have to do a home team for line change sake. It's otherwise meaningless.

snack

Marvie_3 said:
What a save from Lundqvist
rSoHU.png

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see the Ducks haven't learned to stay out of the box this year. Jesus, how do they ever except to get far in the Playoffs when they have no discipline?

CrankyJay

Banned
HadesGigas said:
Ehrhoff in the locker room...

Let's see how the PP works without him.

Edit: Turns out it doesn't work at all.

Injury or equipment trouble?

edit: The crowd seems to be pro-Sabres...cheering for Sabres attempts but not so much the LA Kings attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom