• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

CrankyJay said:
He's one of our top prospects basically...looking good so far.

I think he's graduated from "prospect" with his recent play. I don't know how you could reason sending him back down at this point.

CrankyJay

Banned
OnPoint said:
I think he's graduated from "prospect" with his recent play. I don't know how you could reason sending him back down at this point.

True, but this is Lindy Ruff we're talking about. =)

I'll reword...he WAS one of top prospects and he's budding into a nice NHLer.

OnPoint

CrankyJay said:
True, but this is Lindy Ruff we're talking about. =)

I'll reword...he WAS one of top prospects and he's budding into a nice NHLer.

You have a point... that is a Ruff/Regier hallmark. I'd hate to see him go back down though, especially because it would be Hecht returning in his place, wouldn't it?

That said, I do wish Hecht could be out there playing today because of the location. What an awful situation for him.

Parch

Cherry's source was a newspaper article, so if Chris Nilan claims he never said the things that Cherry was ranting about then Nilan should have a beef with the newspaper. I can completely believe that a paper would manipulate a comment for sensationalism. The print media are scum, and there are definately a few with an anti-fighting agenda.

Cherry might say something about regretting calling them pukes, be he has nothing to apologize about. No matter what he says, those three will just continue to go on about him being an old fool who never played in the NHL. Attack the messenger instead of addressing what they said. Standard procedure.

Solo

Red_Man said:
Campolis out for a few months Jesus Christ we have the worst luck of any team, it's actually incredible time for Emelin to step up or go back to Russia

It was 3 weeks last I heard. Now its months? Sheesh. PG is quite simply going to have to trade for a D-man.

Rick Jeanneret needs a hearing aid. Pretty sure the ref said high stick, then the PA announcer said it while he was complaining the ref didn't say it.

CrankyJay

Banned
Even if it was a high stick, a King touched the puck before it was completely over the line. Doesn't that nullify the high stick?

CrankyJay said:
Even if it was a high stick, a King touched the puck before it was completely over the line. Doesn't that nullify the high stick?

It didn't look like he touched it before it was completely over to me.

CrankyJay

Banned
HadesGigas said:
And now they don't play again till Friday.

Awesome. Nice 6 days rest to get acclimated to Buffalo. I could have gone on 10/14 but I didn't want to have to trade away my second to last Sabres home game tickets against the Pens since I thought that game may be more meaningful.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
It was 3 weeks last I heard. Now its months? Sheesh. PG is quite simply going to have to trade for a D-man.
Yep, everyone's saying a few months now, apparently he jammed his skate in bad ice =/ I say next year we ice our preseason rookie team in the opener so we don't lose anyone to injury. Also Vanek is looking like he's going to do wonders for my pool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom