• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me playing online, shot goes off Masons mask, bounce straight up but he decides to swat at it right into the net. Art imitating life.

501A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_mWV.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
KoruptData said:
Me playing online, shot goes off Masons mask, bounce straight up but he decides to swat at it right into the net. Art imitating life.

501A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_mWV.jpg
You said you were gonna start following Columbus mainly right? Not the greatest start for the team :lol but there's always skinner waiting for you.

KoruptData said:

http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2011/nhl12/4630755/501A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_mWV.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

At least it looks like you have almost a sellout crowd for that game....

calder

I feel like the Jets left again. :p One game and then taken away, kinda sad.

Better play better against the Hawks. I'm not expecting a win, but I am expecting less 'free pizza' at center ice as Noel put it.

calder said:
I feel like the Jets left again. :p One game and then taken away, kinda sad.

Better play better against the Hawks. I'm not expecting a win, but I am expecting less 'free pizza' at center ice as Noel put it.

Is that why they lost? Buff and Wellwood were at center ice eating the whole time?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So some french source that said halak was going to be traded months before it happened is claiming that Markov is no longer part of Habs plans and there's a lot of problems between his party and the habs. Hard to believe it but if its true, we're in for a shitstorm.

Reaaallllly late but weowww Flyers!
I watched the game at my buddy's cause he gets all the games in HD...only thing is, I live in Vancouver, so obviously his dad was beakin me all game, especially when the 'nucks tied it at 4 apiece.
But man, some brutal reffing in that game, for both sides.
Couturier impressed me on the PK though, same with Read; I like that Laviolette is giving these young guys a chance to prove themselves, it seems like it's giving them the necessary motivation to play hard.

Red_Man said:
So some french source that said halak was going to be traded months before it happened is claiming that Markov is no longer part of Habs plans and there's a lot of problems between his party and the habs. Hard to believe it but if its true, we're in for a shitstorm.
PG is a master at throwing cash towards injured players.

Markov and Betts quickly come to mind.

Erik Cole soon to follow.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wendel Clark said:

This is why I told the new Blue Jackets fan to "enjoy them while they last in Columbus." There's no way they last longer than 5 more years there.

Also, does anybody else think the NHL does away with the "Western/Eastern Conference" monikers during realignment? The early word was that they were making major changes so that each team had to go on a western road trip at some point during the season. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go to some sort of conferences named after legends.

I'd go with the Gretzky and Howe conferences.

Solo

The return of Lars "the Great Dane" Eller tonight! He's playing wing on the 4th line though. JM easing him back in, I guess.

Curufinwe

Revenant said:
Flyers boo anti-cancer ads because Toews and Crosby are in it

CLASSLESS

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...rivals-alas-it-8217-s-during-?urn=nhl-wp14710

The Flyers organization probably does more to fight cancer than any other NHL team.

http://www.flyerscarnival.com/about/

The Flyers Wives Carnival is one of the oldest and most successful one-day charity events hosted by a professional sports franchise, raising more than $23 million for Philadelphia-area charities.

The Flyers Wives Fight for Lives Carnival is a genuine family affair that involves the participation of the Flyers’ players, management, staff, alumni and their families. The first Carnival was held February 1, 1977. Later that year, one of the Flyers’ own, Barry Ashbee, died of leukemia. With his death came a truly heartfelt focus to the Flyers Wives Carnival. The monies raise through the Flyers Wives Carnival fund a number of charities, including the original charity of decades ago, the Barry Ashbee Research Laboratories at Hahnemann University Hospital.

The fact the fans booed jellohead does not mean anyone in Philly is pro-cancer.

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
The return of Lars "the Great Dane" Eller tonight! He's playing wing on the 4th line though. JM easing him back in, I guess.
Will he manage to crack the elusive 20 point season this time?

Solo

It will be interesting to see how long it takes the bizarro Northeast (Toronto in second and Bruins in fifth) to straighten itself out.

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
It will be interesting to see how long it takes the bizarro Northeast (Toronto in second and Bruins in fifth) to straighten itself out.

Leafs may well drop to 2nd or 3rd in the northeast behind Boston and Buffalo.

TUSR

Banned
Anyone else think Ballard is looking like a stud these days?

Once the team knows hes jumping into rushes I predict a great season out of the guy.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
We re-signed Kunitz today for two more years, exact same cap hit. I'm happy about it.

Oh, and SID HAS BEEN CLEARED FOR CONTACT!!! I'M MASTURBATING AS I TYPE THIS.

crosb101211.jpg

Vega

Awesome! He'll hopefully be in the lineup within two weeks or so.

And props to Shero on the Kunitz extension. Nice cap hit especially considering what guys like Brooks Laich got on the open market. Shero FTW.

Vega

Squire Felix said:
Cooke runs him before end of practice confirmed?
Nah man. Didn't you hear? Cookie has changed his ways. He's no longer a thug and has become a 30 goal winger. Only 27 more to go! Woo!

Vega said:
Awesome! He'll hopefully be in the lineup within two weeks or so.

And props to Shero on the Kunitz extension. Nice cap hit especially considering what guys like Brooks Laich got on the open market. Shero FTW.
Kunitz is shit.

Laich>Kunitz

Fei

I'm so anxious for the Sabres to finally play again. This week break sucks.

Awesome to hear Sid is cleared for contact. I don't like the Pens much, but I can't wait to see him back on the ice.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Kunitz is shit.

Laich>Kunitz

wut

Kunitz had the exact same number of points (and 7 more goals) as Laich last season and played 16 less games. He's also far more physical.

Fei said:
I'm so anxious for the Sabres to finally play again. This week break sucks.

Awesome to hear Sid is cleared for contact. I don't like the Pens much, but I can't wait to see him back on the ice.

Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Epic Tales of Penis said:
He's shit.

Laich is way more versatile.

Laich isn't "way more" anything than Kunitz. They're both very hard working two way forwards. They operate in the same realm, sorry we locked a guy like that down for $775,000 less per year.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
sazabirules said:
Vokoun can't play much worse than he did in his first start. I'd be fine if Holtby started tonight.

If it makes you feel any better apparently Fleury is sick today so Johnson will be starting.

And BB really hit a home run with Connolly.

Socreges

Banned
Curufinwe said:
The Flyers organization probably does more to fight cancer than any other NHL team.

http://www.flyerscarnival.com/about/

The fact the fans booed jellohead does not mean anyone in Philly is pro-cancer.
No? Then how do you explain the Flyers fans' campaign against sunscreen and their advocacy for nuclear materials in children's toys? They're definitely pro-cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom