• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Plekanec-Desharnais-Pacioretty-Weber-Subban

Habs PP unit from practice. Finally, Martin gets it- no more Pleky on the point!

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
Finally! Now slot those as lines 1 and 2 please. Love how Eller goes from fourth to first line over the course of one BEAST game.

Gomer and Gio deserve a third line demotion.

Colton Orr out-beasted Eller since he got a goal in his first game back after injury.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
Price conformed to be playing tomorrow night against Colorado. Kind of unexpected, since they wanted him to only play 75% of the games this season, and starting Budaj versus his old team seems like a no brainer.

I'm thinking he saw what happened in Ottawa last night with another former Av's goaltender and wanted to avoid that.

vilmer_

The Internet said:
Can you name another example in the NHL where a player knocked somebody out in a fight and made fun of the guy that was unconscious?

Asham knew he was knocked out, if a guy is unconscious that's where the concern should lie...not "does he need help off the ice" or the next day diagnosis from a doctor to show a little respect.

Rob Ray did it a few times, I've seen it other times over the years as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD6wVBXmyOE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM6_oVoYFjw

SCHUEY F1 said:
I'm thinking he saw what happened in Ottawa last night with another former Av's goaltender and wanted to avoid that.

Probably had more to do with the Sens hanging the goalie out to dry rather than the Avs wanting some sort of 'revenge' against Anderson.

We could've had Dominik Hasek in his prime back there and still get lit up for 6+ goals.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
KernelPanic said:
Probably had more to do with the Sens hanging the goalie out to dry rather than the Avs wanting some sort of 'revenge' against Anderson.

We could've had Dominik Hasek in his prime back there and still get lit up for 6+ goals.

I see. I only saw the score and not the highlights.

Apparently there's been talk about keeping Hodgson at center and moving Kesler to the wing when he comes back. Not sure if that'd be a good idea or not, but he could potentially be a bigger scorer playing on the wing with a legitimate playmaker at center.

That said, at this point, it's almost a given that Hodgson's going to stay on the 2nd line once Kesler come back. It doesn't make any sense to move him off it. He's been the best player on his line so far, miles above Sturm and Samuelsson, and there's really no one else that can challenge him for the spot. Higgins will likely take over the other LW.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hodgson
Samuelsson-Malhotra-Hansen
Sturm/Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Acid08

Banned
ScFinally the Sharks play again after a weird 6 day break. Kill the Ducks, wonder how much dirty shit Perry will pull out this game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Acid08 said:
ScFinally the Sharks play again after a weird 6 day break. Kill the Ducks, wonder how much dirty shit Perry will pull out this game.

The scheduling this year has been garbage.

Super stoked about the Hawks this year. I (like most everyone else) was shaking my head/crying when we signed Carcillo, but putting him on a line with Kane and Hossa was genius. It seemed to keep his head in the game and away from taking dumbass shots at people. This year should be very interesting indeed. Can't wait for tomorrow's game against the Broons

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
HFBoards is running slow for some reason, which makes me mad because I can't quickly read all the retarded posts that also make me mad. I don't know why I go there so often.

Alucard

Banned
I love the young hockey season. So much optimism from teams playing over their skill level. Things will likely be more sorted and accurate at the 20 game mark.

Socreges

Banned
Alucard said:
I love the young hockey season. So much optimism from teams playing over their skill level. Things will likely be more sorted and accurate at the 20 game mark.
Where do you think the Pens will be at the 20-game mark?

Alucard

Banned
Socreges said:
Where do you think the Pens will be at the 20-game mark?

Top 3 in the league, and fighting for the Eastern Conference crown seriously this season. Especially once Crosby comes back.

12-4-4 sounds about right.

Marvie_3

Banned
SpectreFire said:
Canucks need to trade for a legitimate top 6 power forward to play alongside Cody Hodgson.
sxddts.jpg

Good luck.

Socreges

Banned
Alucard said:
Top 3 in the league, and fighting for the Eastern Conference crown seriously this season. Especially once Crosby comes back.

I love the young hockey season. So much optimism from teams playing over their skill level.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alucard said:

DESTINY.

OnPoint

demosthenes said:
2-1, getting REALLY good pressure on. Ward has made some good saves. I missed their goal but it was on the PP.
That's awesome. Maybe they'll play 60 minutes a game this year haha

OnPoint said:
That's awesome. Maybe they'll play 60 minutes a game this year haha

Roy's goal was beautiful. Stafford had no shot but saw Roy coming in so it looked like he shot it at Ward's pads to give Roy a pass in front of the net and Roy just lifted it up for the goal.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looked like a clean hit on pominville hopefully I don't have to see that clip 40 times in the next two days discussing whether it was or wasn't.

1.) That was an amazing move on the 2 on 1.

2.) What did everyone think of that call? The puck was about an inch from his stick and I think he was the last to touch it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
Looked like a clean hit on pominville hopefully I don't have to see that clip 40 times in the next two days discussing whether it was or wasn't.
That's what I thought too. Looked like he got him in the chest.

CrankyJay

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
1.) That was an amazing move on the 2 on 1.

2.) What did everyone think of that call? The puck was about an inch from his stick and I think he was the last to touch it.

Puck wasn't anywhere near him.

Alucard

Banned
Socreges said:
I love the young hockey season. So much optimism from teams playing over their skill level.

Anything can happen, but the Pens have all the tools to be serious contenders this season. The core has been together for more than a few seasons now, and they know what they have to do to win. Pens actually have something to be slightly cocky about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom