• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
purg3 said:
and teams playing under it...

1-2-1 lulz
14sfu0.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I made a general comment about teams playing over their heads early in the season, which applies to a lot of teams this early in the year. Every year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Has buffalos pp / d coverage been this shitty in the other games? This could be 5-2 or 6-2 easy for the canes.

Red_Man said:
Yea figured their pp would be pretty lethal just surprised with all the break aways going on.

I guess with Ehrhoff and Gragnani on D it's a bit of an easy target for an aggressive PK.

Edit: DREEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Looked great from the start, then something happened in the 3rd...

Not sure what to think here, but first Home game so, won't get too dramatic yet.

Hell yeah two in a row, Cam Ward is a beast and Skinner stepping up when it counts, also hell of a PK effort tonight two shorthanded goals.

Heretic

Marvie_3 said:
Great setup from Parros
Yeah. Beautiful pass by Georgie. Game is so so. There's quite a bit of shorks fans here and when they cheer "let's go sharks" it sounds like "let's go Ducks" so its a win win for us =)

Heretic said:
Yeah. Beautiful pass by Georgie. Game is so so. There's quite a bit of shorks fans here and when they cheer "let's go sharks" it sounds like "let's go Ducks" so its a win win for us =)

it's the annual "Sharks Infestation."

Stupid Sharks turnovers ain't gonna win a game. And holy crap at the Pavelski deke through the legs, would have been picture perfect if he scored.

Heretic

Giant Robot said:
it's the annual "Sharks Infestation."

Stupid Sharks turnovers ain't gonna win a game. And holy crap at the Pavelski deke through the legs, would have been picture perfect if he scored.
But HILLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Erdrick

So I think a good portion of the fans (lol) in Phoenix will be from here in Winnipeg at the game tomorrow night. If there is one team, aside from the Leafs, that I want us to beat... it's them. Just as a matter of pride.

Also, y'know, it'd be nice to actually win a game, since that's the point of the whole damn thing. =P

Good game last night Vs the Blackhawks. Patrick Kane may be a douche, but I cannot deny his skill. Hossa was scary last night and the Jets may as well have been wearing bakers' hats, what with all the turnovers that they were making. Ugh. At least it was a better showing than the Montreal game for us. Carcillo needs to be beaten into submission, but he's just doing his job, I guess. (And pretty damn effectively, I might add.)

Wellwood falling over on the breakaway is pretty much gonna sum us up for this year I think. As much as I wish otherwise.

Gonna be an interesting game tomorrow night...

Okay. So the leafs are playing tommorow if I'm right and as it is I'm already down from finding out about Lindsay Lohan current status after just watching mean girls.

Fucking bullshit. Leafs better win or I'm pulling that jack out and batting it home!

FortunateSon said:
Okay. So the leafs are playing tommorow if I'm right and as it is I'm already down from finding out about Lindsay Lohan current status after just watching mean girls.

Fucking bullshit. Leafs better win or I'm pulling that jack out and batting it home!
This game is going to OT.

May16

There should be a mandatory 5-second celebration after winning a fight as handily as Asham did. Read more in my new book, American Asham.

Ok NHL-GAF so I just came from my first NHL game in 10 years and man it was great! I had tickets on the upper level almost in the center but it wasn't that bad, It really gave you a good overview of the game even though I rather would have had better seats of course. The game was great(apart from the beginning) and really tight. Not a lot of goals scored but who cares, there were some good one man shows, Pavelski says hi! The Ducks was really good for a part of the second period but otherwise it felt like the Sharks was a little better but Hiller and goalposts(both ways) said no! Murrays skating awfulness was looking a step worse IRL.

A part from the hockey the experience was good but could have been better. There were some open seats and that's sad on a homeopener. All the Shark fans impressed me though, it must have been some organized trip? Didn't think it happened on a scale like this in California. I didn't think that the powerbreaks would be this annoying without the tv-commercials but it was almost as bad.

We will see when I manage to get to a new game but I hope it will be soon!

PS. Honda Center is nice...

Heretic

Zombie James said:
Shit, apparently Blake got cut real bad?
Yeah. He bled quite a bit. He's getting a suture on his forearm.

And Alexthekid, the ponda center rarely sells out. I was surprised is was that packed actually.

Fei

EHHHHH.. just got back from the Sabres game. They came out huge, but never looked the same after the first (the late Carolina goal in that period was huge for them). Maybe too excited with the home opener. Myers looked terrible getting caught deep a few times and WTF was Vanek thinking with that trip?

Nice effort on the comeback, but just not their best game. Miller didn't look as sharp as he normally does, either. Still, almost came away with a point or two. Not too discouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom