• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manics said:
5 goals and the dude that gets 1 assist is the best forward. Fuck Gionta's 3 points, I guess Cole got first star.
I wonder how you live with being a Leafs fan when you always judge your players performance by their point totals.

Actually that explain why you rave about Kessel, who's always finishing ahead of every Habs players in points, but for some reason never plays in May...

Foreign Jackass said:
I wonder how you live with being a Leafs fan when you always judge your players performance by their point totals.

Actually that explain why you rave about Kessel, who's always finishing ahead of every Habs players in points, but for some reason never plays in May...

Maybe the Leafs don't realize that the season can go into May and therefore don't realize that winning games can get them there?

The Burrows late goal in the 2nd was huge. Still liked what I saw from the Oil, kids looked great and it shows we can win without our top 2 players.

I liked what I saw from the Canucks. Winning games when Luongo isn't playing that well is going to be the key to their season. Yea, I know that sounds utterly one-dimensional, but after the team's playoff habit of collapsing after going behind, my main concern was that a rot had set in that would continue into the coming season.

Burrows' late goal was also really, really nice. Textbook Sedins, h/t.

edit:

8474125.jpg

Leobon Conoy?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Teams that are performing above my expectations so far? Oilers and Islanders. I guess orange and blue is coming back into style.

Spire said:
Teams that are performing above my expectations so far? Oilers and Islanders. I guess orange and blue is coming back into style.

Of course it has, haven't you seen the blue and orange contrast on game covers now a days?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I was out drinking tonight missed the third period and just caught the highlights on sportscentre. 1 great goal by gionta, 2 amazing fucking play by AK to patches and DD and what a bullshit penalty against Diaz the guy lost his edge. Anyways subban and price have been sub par, once they step up and Markov and Cammy come back were golden. To all the deluded leaf fans I offer a permaban bet that the habs finish the season above the leafs in the standings. This excludes manics seeing as he already has a bet this is for epic, zombie and others time to put up or shut up. If you really believe kessel and riemer will save you put up your account.

MPW

cole and gomez right now are not worth 4.5m and 7.3m (doubt they ever will but don't tell PG that)

almost 12m wasted on these two, both have 0 goals

1234931504682.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wendel Clark said:
habs are performing above expectations too
Account perma ban bet? Oh wait If you did that, that would leave manics with no account to post with come april.

snack

The Internet said:
The Burrows late goal in the 2nd was huge. Still liked what I saw from the Oil, kids looked great and it shows we can win without our top 2 players.
RNH has some mad skills. He's gonna be a great hockey player in the near future. I'm sorta jelly about your first line, it's stacked with first rounders!

IcedTea

snack said:
RNH has some mad skills. He's gonna be a great hockey player in the near future. I'm sorta jelly about your first line, it's stacked with first rounders!
I hear that. I'm so jealous of them too. It would be great to have guys like that on the first line. Just imagine, they could win a couple NHL scoring titles down the road. That would be something.

MacAttack

Red_Man said:
Account perma ban bet? Oh wait If you did that, that would leave manics with no account to post with come april.

Manics already has an account bet for the Leafs making the playoffs this season. Let's not forget that. This could be his farewell tour.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just got home, what a fantastic game. Kessel looking sick out there.

Got to sit in the 100s, great time all around.

Oh and almost forgot:
19-Pop-Champagne.gif

Revenant

Socreges said:
Amazing. He's really shown a lot of, dare I say, Hart so far. We're only 4% into the season, but I think we should begin making outlandish predictions.

I hear they're just combining all the NHL Awards into one called "The Kessel"

Socreges

Banned
snack said:
Yay. 3 game losing streak has been snapped.
2-game losing streak snapped.

Nice little 3-game homestand coming up. Is there anything conclusively saying that Kesler will be back Tuesday? I've just seen 'could be'. Hopefully he doesn't rush it. No need.

Curufinwe

Mike Richards really needs to keep his mouth shut when it comes to hits like the one Rinaldo laid on Doughty last night because the puck was right there. Somewhere, David Booth is crying from laughter at the hypocrisy.

Afterward, ex-Flyer Mike Richards, who played with Rinaldo in the playoffs last season against Boston, couldn’t remember his name, but likely took down his No. 36 for future reference.

“The guy that didn’t play much, that hit Doughy,” Richards said. “It’s tough. You don’t realize that there’s a puck on the ice, and just go out there and try to run around. It’s tough to play against those players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9WOqZnbmv8

Solo

MacAttack said:
Manics already has an account bet for the Leafs making the playoffs this season. Let's not forget that. This could be his farewell tour.

I'm going to try and be nice to Manics starting in January, seeing as he will be in his final 4 months as a Gaffer by that point. Until then though, I still have 2.5 months to treat him like Mrs Manics.

Red_Man said:
So I was out drinking tonight missed the third period and just caught the highlights on sportscentre. 1 great goal by gionta, 2 amazing fucking play by AK to patches and DD and what a bullshit penalty against Diaz the guy lost his edge. Anyways subban and price have been sub par, once they step up and Markov and Cammy come back were golden. To all the deluded leaf fans I offer a permaban bet that the habs finish the season above the leafs in the standings. [/b]This excludes manics seeing as he already has a bet this is for epic, zombie and others time to put up or shut up. [/b] If you really believe kessel and riemer will save you put up your account.
Fuck that shit man. You have alts to fall back on. I don't.

Did you know that the Jets are the only team in league yet to get a point? Did you also know the Habs only win came against the Jets?

Habs fans should be very concerned about this season.

Solo

No, Forza. Only a Leafs fan judges the season based off 3-4 games. Our biggest problem so far has been consistency (one bad game followed by one good game followed by one bad game followed by one good game). That will improve (and Martin or whoever is coaching next year surely won't wait so long to make cuts in training camp so that the team can gel), Price will probably never have another game this season as poor as last night's, and the wins will start coming.

If the Habs are like 7-12-1 after 20 games then yeah sure, I'll be very worried. But 1-2-1 after 4? lulz. Talk to me again by the end of November.

Solo

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Habs will their next two games.

Since you decided to be ambiguous, I'm assuming you meant "win"? Yes, I agree. A win over a tough divisional opponent and then the Pens is just what the doctor ordered.

Solo

BrianWildeCTV BrianWilde
Price real good in room. Stood up strong. Said 3 goals he should have had. Said he & Pierre had some work to do. Said he'll figure it out.

/owningupandnotmakingexcuseslikearealman

MacAttack

Socreges said:
MacAttack, methinks you blew your load a little prematurely.
Crap, I knew this one was coming.

I'd still take Bryzgalov (contract and all) nine times out of ten over Vokoun if I were Philly.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I don't understand the badmouthing of Vokoun. He's still an excellent goalie.

I wasn't meaning to badmouth him that much, I just liked the Bryzgalov signing by Philly and remembered some posts about Vokoun being a better signing by Washington and was trying to have some fun. It came off as if I was trying to bury the guy thanks to Socreges "Lt. Caffe-esque" cross examination.

I deserve it, but now that I've eaten crow can we never mention this again?

I honestly don't think one signing is better than the other. The signings make sense to each respective team. Caps have Holtby in the pipeline and that gives him one more season in the AHL.

Philly hasn't had a true #1 in ages and got the guy they wanted.

MacAttack said:

Crap, I knew this one was coming.

I'd still take Bryzgalov (contract and all) nine times out of ten over Vokoun if I were Philly.

I wasn't meaning to badmouth him that much, I just liked the Bryzgalov signing by Philly and remembered some posts about Vokoun being a better signing by Washington and was trying to have some fun. It came off as if I was trying to bury the guy thanks to Socreges "Lt. Caffe-esque" cross examination.

I deserve it, but now that I've eaten crow can we never mention this again?

Well one thing definitely nice about Bryzgalov is that he's a good deal younger than Vokoun where as in a couple years Vokoun will probably be close to the end of his career. I always felt bad for Vokoun being stuck with such a shitty Florida team.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
I honestly don't think one signing is better than the other. The signings make sense to each respective team. Caps have Holtby in the pipeline and that gives him one more season in the AHL.

Philly hasn't had a true #1 in ages and got the guy they wanted.

I pretty much agree with this. It was what both teams wanted essentially. I can't badmouth either goalie, but are excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom