• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Simon Belmont said:
Habs fans just can't admit that with the exception of Price, Habs are a worse team than the Leafs this year.

lol!

The deja vu feeling is getting stronger! Lets revisit this in a few weeks. Leafs fans, putting their feet in their mouths since 1967.

Red_Man said:
There's no incentive to put up my account when there is no reward and you will just get banned regardless, its just basic risk-reward that's why I want someone else to put their account up. I do respect you for putting yours up though, at least your backing up this faith you have in them. I guess I'm just surprised that after last years 4-0 starts people are still falling for this again.

I'm not going to put my account up, but I expect other people should? You think this is some sort of gotcha?

Solo said:
lol!

The deja vu feeling is getting stronger! Lets revisit this in a few weeks. Leafs fans, putting their feet in their mouths since 1967.

Perhaps we will, and perhaps you'd be right. Still, if it's inevitable that the Leafs are going to go 0 and 10 after going 4 and 0, I'd better get my shots in now, right?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Simon Belmont said:
I'm not going to put my account up, but I expect other people should? You think this is some sort of gotcha?

Perhaps we will, and perhaps you'd be right. Still, if it's inevitable that the Leafs are going to go 0 and 10 after going 4 and 0, I'd better get my shots in now, right?
Uhhhh no I said I won't put up my account when no puts up there's against me, if you feel like putting up yours I'll gladly put mine up seems pretty simple.

Red_Man said:
Uhhhh no I said I won't put up my account when no puts up there's against me, if you feel like putting up yours I'll gladly put mine up seems pretty simple.

Dude, it's a game. Not worth getting nearly as worked up as you are about it.

I will gladly however, engage in an avatar bet with you.

Red_Man

Simon Belmont said:
Dude, it's a game. Not worth getting nearly as worked up as you are about it.

I will gladly however, engage in an avatar bet with you.
It's just the blatant trolling of stuff like "riemer is better then price" that gets me because its so stupid. Avatar bet that will do seeing as Manics says perma bans aren't allowed anyways. How do you want to do it? We can do one for the next Leafs / Habs game or wait for the season to finish, doesn't really matter to me, whatever you prefer.

Red_Man said:
It's just the blatant trolling of stuff like "riemer is better then price" that gets me because its so stupid. Avatar bet that will do seeing as Manics says perma bans aren't allowed anyways. How do you want to do it? We can do one for the next Leafs / Habs game or wait for the season to finish, doesn't really matter to me, whatever you prefer.

The blatant trolling exists on all sides of the board. It's called shit-talk. If you blow a gasket every time somebody does it, we're in for a long season.

How about if the Leafs are above the Habs in the standings at the end of November, I'll put a santa hat on Price and wear that avatar until Christmas. If the Leafs are on top at the end of November, you're wearing 'ol St. Reimer until 25th. Deal?

Red_Man

Simon Belmont said:
The blatant trolling exists on all sides of the board. It's called shit-talk. If you blow a gasket every time somebody does it, we're in for a long season.

How about if the Leafs are above the Habs in the standings at the end of November, I'll put a santa hat on Price and wear that avatar until Christmas. If the Leafs are on top at the end of November, you're wearing 'ol St. Reimer until 25th. Deal?
Shit talking doesn't bother me just complete blatant trolling that continues on. Anyways I'll just ignore it, and yea that works, and seeing as I actually like Reimer that doesn't bother me all that much :lol. We should have others do the same avatar bet for november standings so Nhl gaf are all wearing santa hats.

Red_Man said:
Shit talking doesn't bother me just complete blatant trolling that continues on. Anyways I'll just ignore it, and yea that works, and seeing as I actually like Reimer that doesn't bother me all that much :lol. We should have others do the same avatar bet for november standings so Nhl gaf are all wearing santa hats.

Well hopefully everybody else follows suit, consider this my internet handshake.

Manics said:
Price 1-2-1
2.96 GAA

Reimer 3-0
2.34 GAA

Yup, definitely trolling.

I'm not sure if Reimer is better than Price yet, but the Leafs are definitely better than the Habs and that will have a large effect on the stats!

Wendel Clark said:
I'm not sure if Reimer is better than Price yet, but the Leafs are definitely better than the Habs and that will have a large effect on the stats!
I'd say Reimer=Price.

Some Habs fans in here seem to be confusing him with Patrick Roy for some reason.

Red_Man

Well Cherry did say price was the best goalie in the world.
after forgetting to take his medication senile old bastard

Revenant

This argument is actually taking place? I just want to confirm that this is taking place while this season is in it's infancy..

Cactus said:
Any Avs fan know what's up with Peter Mueller? Is it a return of post-concussion symptoms or is it actually an "illness" that's keeping him out?

Neither him nor the Avs have released anything other than "illness". There are a couple sites that are assuming it's concussion symptoms from last year happening again due to how vague the Avs are being after asking for clarification on his "illness". Hopefully it isn't though. :/

Manics

Banned
I hope Laichs isn't taking a veiled jab at Sid here :(

Laich said:
Brooks Laich figures that NHLers are big boys and don't need to be "babysat."
The Washington Capitals forward wants the NHL to back off on its concussion protocol and let the players play.
"I really don't care about that awareness crap, to be honest, I'm sick of hearing all this talk about concussions and the quiet room," Laich told the Washington Post Friday.

http://m.torontosun.com/2011/10/14/nhl-notes-laich-claims-nhl-too-rigid-on-concussions

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Malkin didn't make the trip with the Pens, he'll be out for the Winnipeg and Minnesota games. Mixed reports on whether Orpik made the trip, it'd be fucking nice to have our defense at 100% again.

Spire said:
Malkin didn't make the trip with the Pens, he'll be out for the Winnipeg and Minnesota games. Mixed reports on whether Orpik made the trip, it'd be fucking nice to have our defense at 100% again.
That sucks about Malkin. I never really understood how so many people were handing him the Art Ross this season. That's a tough injury to come back from and be in peak form.

Red_Man

No decent games tonight this is balls they should have pushed some from last night to today.

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
:lol

The fall is going to be epic this year.
I love how you're suddenly in the Price is the greatest goalie since sliced bread mode only one season removed from when you wanted to trade his ass for a bag of pucks and keep Halak. Typical Habs fan.

Manics said:
I love how you're suddenly in the Price is the greatest goalie since sliced bread mode only one season removed from when you wanted to trade his ass for a bag of pucks and keep Halak. Typical Habs fan.
Have you noticed that many Habs fans have a certain sense of entitlement when it comes to goalies? They've had so many great ones that they are eager to anoint any goalie as a saviour after one good season.

Heck, many of them had Jeff fucking Hackett as a Vezina calibre goalie!

Seriously, leaf fans need to shut the fuck up.

I swear, we are so fucking cocky after 3 fucking games. Can't we wait until about 30 games in or something before the shit slinging start? It's a better time to gauge if x team is better than the other x team.

Just so leaf fans know, we have been the shitty basement team the last few fucking years. Did leaf fans forget those days?

Jesus christ.

Seriously, guess I'm just a realist leaf fan.

And whoever says Reimer = Price have to be fucking kidding themselves.

Kessel and Lupul are awesome though! By the way, I think Komisarek lost some of his touch, I miss the Komisarek that used to play for Montreal. He's been a different player ever since he's a leaf! Schenn neeeds to be better, he's been average at best.

Reimer is good! Franson for the amount of bitching he did, was average as well. Matt Frattin is really impressing the shit out of me. Dude got legs!

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Have you noticed that many Habs fans have a certain sense of entitlement when it comes to goalies? They've had so many great ones that they are eager to anoint any goalie as a saviour after one good season.

Heck, many of them had Jeff fucking Hackett as a Vezina calibre goalie!
Not to mention a goalie MAY fizzle out after being a world beater. I remember Habs fans talking about how they were set in goal for more than a decade when Theodore won MVP. He had a better season than Price and ended up turning into a bust so there's no guarantee.

Solo

FortunateSon said:
By the way, I think Komisarek lost some of his touch, I miss the Komisarek that used to play for Montreal. He's been a different player ever since he's a leaf! Schenn neeeds to be better, he's been average at best.

As much fun as it would be for me to play the LOLOLOLOLeafs card here, the truth is that is wasn't entirely Komi's move to Toronto that ruined him. Its actually a twofold thing, and only one is the-move-to-Toronto related. The first thing, which happened when he was still a Hab, is when he fought Lucic and got raped. He was never the same player after that. Second, the one that IS Habs/Leafs related, is that he was playing with Markov in Montreal, and once he no longer had Markov there to make brilliant, crisp passes up the ice and out of the zone, he was kind of exposed for what he was.

Red_Man

FortunateSon said:
Realistic, view of leafs
This seems like it can't be real but its nice to see some logic in a leafs fan. I like Riemer, grabvoskis, Macarthur etc but its hard to have discussions with leaf fans when all you get as a reply is "lol price suckz ellers a bust this is our year"
Manics said:
Not to mention a goalie MAY fizzle out after being a world beater. I remember Habs fans talking about how they were set in goal for more than a decade when Theodore won MVP. He had a better season than Price and ended up turning into a bust so there's no guarantee.
So this is why you and leafs nation propel Reimer as your savior after half a season and as good as Price....right.

Manics

Banned
Red_Man said:
This seems like it can't be real but its nice to see some logic in a leafs fan. I like Riemer, grabvoskis, Macarthur etc but its hard to have discussions with leaf fans when all you get as a reply is "lol price suckz ellers a bust this is our year"

So this is why you and leafs nation propel Reimer as your savior after half a season and as good as Price....right.
I think you're confusing me with Solo. All his points are basically "lol leafs are gonna crash it'll be epic lol"

Solo

Manics said:
I think you're confusing me with Solo. All his points are basically "lol leafs are gonna crash it'll be epic lol"

Calm down, gramps. Like I said, wait 20 games before planning the parade route in Toronto and booking the Bell Centre for Lady Gaga concerts in April.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Manics said:

The only thing more epic than a Leafs collapse is a Habs collapse followed by the Leafs making the playoffs. Blood would be spilled.

Red_Man

Manics said:
Well that's really the only way to respond to you seeing as I don't think you've ever acknowledged a single ounce of talent in any habs players.

Solo

The real truth in this situation is that the Habs are playing somewhat below themselves right now and the Leafs are playing somewhat above themselves right now, and that in the end, the teams are pretty close to eachother overall - fairly comparable D, fairly comparable O. The Habs get the edge due to Price and a lot more playoff experience, but they are pretty much even beyond that. This will be reflected come April when the teams are both fighting to get in the playoffs and are separated by just a few points.

There you have it, the one and only time this season I am going to break character and give some real talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom