• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oh thank god they won that. Last couple of (periods) minutes were giving me heart palpitations.

fallout said:
Crazy game. Even if the Jets had lost that one, I was far happier with their performance in this game than the last three.
100%. Still a not-very-good team with a lot of issues to sort out, but overall a much better effort. Well deserving of the victory, just glad it's done before it became a monkey on the back, like an 0-6 start or something.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Pathetic. This was similar to the Buffalo game. Shit the bed in the first period, spent the rest of the game trying to come back but never quite getting their. It's made worse by the fact that the Jets looked like ass. We've gotta win these, this is inexcusable. You can't let a little bit of bad luck like that first goal throw you off for a whole period.

Vega

At what point do the Pens decide they need a powerplay coach? The man advantage has been shit going on like 3 years+ now. Fuck.

Spire said:
Pathetic. This was similar to the Buffalo game. Shit the bed in the first period, spent the rest of the game trying to come back but never quite getting their. It's made worse by the fact that the Jets looked like ass. We've gotta win these, this is inexcusable. You can't let a little bit of bad luck like that first goal throw you off for a whole period.
Don't worry man. You play the Wild next.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Vega said:
At what point do the Pens decide they need a powerplay coach? The man advantage has been shit going on like 3 years+ now. Fuck.

They were killing it when Malkin was in the lineup. Now? Not so much.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Don't worry man. You play the Wild next.

The first to pop into my head after the lose to Buffalo: "Don't worry man, we play the Jets next."

Heretic said:
Teeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmuuuuuuu!!!

Now up to 639 career goals. One back of Dave Andreychuk for 13th all-time:

1) Wayne Gretzky - 894
2) Gordie Howe - 801
3) Brett Hull - 741
4) Marcel Dionne - 731
5) Phil Esposito - 717
6) Mike Gartner - 708
7) Mark Messier - 694
8) Steve Yzerman - 692
9) Mario Lemieux - 690
10) Luc Robitaille - 668
11) Brendan Shanahan - 656
12) Jaromír Jágr - 646
13) Dave Andreychuk - 640
14) Teemu Selänne - 639
15) Joe Sakic - 625

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

1) Wayne Gretzky - 894
2) Gordie Howe - 801
3) Brett Hull - 741
4) Marcel Dionne - 731
5) Phil Esposito - 717
6) Mike Gartner - 708
7) Mark Messier - 694
8) Steve Yzerman - 692
9) Mario Lemieux - 690
10) Luc Robitaille - 668
12) Jaromír Jágr - 646
14) Teemu Selänne - 639
15) Joe Sakic - 625

Hmm...I was thinking about this earlier today. I always thought Gretz was more of the playmaker and Howe and Lemieux more of the snipers. Goddamn Hull has a lot of goals. I'm surprised they never jelled in St. Louis.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
With the Dolphins sucking and the NBA on lockout mode, the Panthers are the best hope for the South Florida sports scene. Please keep up the momentum... please keep up the momentum.

Socreges

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Is it me, or do the Panthers have a shot at the playoffs? Is it a good idea to get my hopes up?
Sure, why not. But don't base much off the 3-1 start. Things can fizzle quickly. They're a better team in every way apart from goaltending. If Theodore can have a great season, I think they have a good chance.

Theodore looked pretty legitimate in that Pens/Panthers game I saw. IF he can keep up the long season though. For the sake of the franchise and for something a bit different I'd love to see the Panthers back in the playoffs.

Dammit, why did Jagr have to return? Now Teemu has another crusty old guy to catch up to in the standings.

So how does the Blackout restrictions on Game Center work??

I live in Edmonton, and I want to watch as many Oilers games as possible, but I dont have cable TV, hell I dont even have rabbit ears.

Is there a list of which games would be blacked out for me in Edmonton? or is there a work around if they are?

Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmm...I was thinking about this earlier today. I always thought Gretz was more of the playmaker and Howe and Lemieux more of the snipers. Goddamn Hull has a lot of goals. I'm surprised they never jelled in St. Louis.
Hull and Oates was just too insane of a combo to top.

Heretic

1) Wayne Gretzky - 894
2) Gordie Howe - 801
3) Brett Hull - 741
4) Marcel Dionne - 731
5) Phil Esposito - 717
6) Mike Gartner - 708
7) Mark Messier - 694
8) Steve Yzerman - 692
9) Mario Lemieux - 690
10) Luc Robitaille - 668
12) Jaromír Jágr - 646
14) Teemu Selänne - 639
15) Joe Sakic - 625
Woohoo!

To bad Yagr is back. Now Teemu won't catch him.

Heretic

RaySpencer said:

I live in Edmonton, and I want to watch as many Oilers games as possible, but I dont have cable TV, hell I dont even have rabbit ears.

Is there a list of which games would be blacked out for me in Edmonton? or is there a work around if they are?
Correct me if I'm wrong everyone but any game in your area is blacked out. Or every game your team in your area plays is blacked out

Heretic said:
Woohoo!

To bad Yagr is back. Now Teemu won't catch him.

The worst part is knowing that Teemu would have to have a Rocket Richard year to even break the Top 10 :(

Actually, it's very possible he could overtake Shanaban.

Erdrick

The Jets... beat the Pens? Wow. Never mind that the game on our TSN channel was like... off air for all but the last 2 mins of the period, but wow. I expected us to be destroyed by them.

Pavalec should have had that shutout, but the interference by Cooke, was it? cost him that. He played *really* good. The Jets played a lot better than last game, but still that's not saying a whole lot. Nonetheless... a win is a win. Especially against the Pens.

Next up, win number 2 against the Leafs on Wednesday. =)

Heretic

Dastardly Jerks said:
The worst part is knowing that Teemu would have to have a Rocket Richard year to even break the Top 10 :(
Honestly though, I think Teemu has what it takes. He's always at the right place and pucks love to land on his stick

Heretic said:
Honestly though, I think Teemu has what it takes. He's always at the right place and pucks love to land on his stick

He's a terrific player, but to say he'll have a 50 goal season this year is a very very very tall glass of milk to drink.

I'm guessing 35. To expect 4 more from last season isn't outside of the realm of possibility.

Holy godsballs, Young Oilers.

Heretic said:
Correct me if I'm wrong everyone but any game in your area is blacked out. Or every game your team in your area plays is blacked out

Wait really? WTF is the point of Game Center if they block every game your team plays? thats stupid, haha.

I might have to pony up for cable TV afterall :(.

RaySpencer said:
I might have to pony up for cable TV afterall :(.

That's the sad reality :(

You literally cannot get a single game in your market on Centre Ice for your local team.

Poor Atlanta though, they can't get Nashville OR Hurricanes games this season because they're potentially a market for both teams.

Home

RaySpencer said:

Well from their FAQ:

Why am I unable to watch a game in NHL GameCenter LIVE™?

A game may not be available to watch live or within 48 hours of completion if it meets any of the below criteria:
Your local team is playing and televising the game on a local over-the-air station and you are located within that station's signal.
Your local team is playing and televising the game on a local regional sports network and your cable or satellite system falls within the distribution for that local regional sports network (regardless of whether your cable or satellite system actually carries that regional sports network.)
Your local team is playing and there is no local television coverage of the game
The game is being televised nationally - In the U.S., this includes NBC, Versus, and the NHL Network. In Canada, this includes CBC, TSN, and the NHL Network.

So I'd guess probably every oilers game will be blacked out within Edmonton, since I'm sure every game is on TV.

You could try using a proxy like unblock-us.com to remove the local black out. Other then that there are always other people streaming games.

1) Wayne Gretzky - 894
2) Gordie Howe - 801
3) Brett Hull - 741
4) Marcel Dionne - 731
5) Phil Esposito - 717
6) Mike Gartner - 708
7) Mark Messier - 694
8) Steve Yzerman - 692
9) Mario Lemieux - 690
10) Luc Robitaille - 668
12) Jaromír Jágr - 646
14) Teemu Selänne - 639
15) Joe Sakic - 625

Just to think, 4 of those guys were all on one team all at once at one point. Crazy

Also <3 that stacked team, sogood.gif

Also what is up with the Avs, how are we the only team that has beat them, they didn't seem that good when we played them except for Varly.

Home said:
Well from their FAQ:

So I'd guess probably every oilers game will be blacked out within Edmonton, since I'm sure every game is on TV.

Thats brutal, seems so pointless.

Home said:
You could try using a proxy like unblock-us.com to remove the local black out. Other then that there are always other people streaming games.

Yeah, I just wanted something more reliable and more consistantly higher def. I dont mind paying for it all either, I just dont feel like paying $60 bucks more a month to get Cable TV, just for my Oilers games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pewp said:
NUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEE
If he can maintain a decent pace and chemistry with Hall, he'll be my best sleep pick for my pool, picked him up in the 3rd or 2nd last round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom