• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

This makes me feel old. I was at Bure's very first NHL game, Winnipeg at Vancouver. The two things I remember from that game were 1) it was a tie, and 2) I was AMAZED at how fast Bure was compared to everyone else on the ice. I remember writing an essay about it when I went back to school. I had to be in like 3rd or 4th grade or something at the time.

Not sure how Bure would fare in today's NHL, but whenever I see highlights it's amazing how fast he was.

His jersey retirement was a no-brainer after he was inducted into the Hall.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gardiner is going from being kept in the minors last season to the top pairing this season? Right.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gardiner is going from being kept in the minors last season to the top pairing this season? Right.

He may end up paired with Franson on the second pairing.

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Ranger

Brennan-Marlies callup.

Mobile but not very physical at all.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Kept in the minors because a) recovering from concussion and b) it was the last time he could spend time in the minors

In playoffs he was the best defenseman by a mile

Ranger deal is 1 year $1mil~

Samyy

If Nonis can dump Liles and retain Franson then I will feel much better about this off season.

For the love of god WE CANNOT GET RID OF PHANEUF HE IS OUR ONLY FIRST PAIRING DMAN.
Only scenarios he would be traded:
- Hes not interested in resigning in TO
- Hes demanding way too much money
- Other team overpays (unlikely)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Agile!

Canucks re-sign Weise @ 750k/1yr
Canucks re-sign Yann Sauve @ whocares

Waiting on Tanev still...

Only 1 year for Weise? Guess makes sense when Gaunce/Horvat/Jensen are all ready next year latest. 750k is cheap though, good.

Tanev and Schroeder still... Gillis said they're talking with both. Schroeder shouldn't get more than a year, or should really get traded at some point...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hey, now there's more Ontario boys than Americans on the leafs roster

Don Cherry is probably jumping around his house

Red_Man

That dwarf team has done a hell of a lot more in the last 10 years then the Leafs have.

Kept in the minors because a) recovering from concussion and b) it was the last time he could spend time in the minors

In playoffs he was the best defenseman by a mile

Ranger deal is 1 year $1mil~
Last time he could spend in the minors? If he was a first pairing D he would have been up after hed recovered from his concussion.

Samyy

Just bought a 20 dollar PSN card to throw at Persona 3:p and Persona 2 but then I saw that theres Dark Souls DLC on the store

Oh god I've never been more conflicted

Red_Man

Just bought a 20 dollar PSN card to throw at Persona 3:p and Persona 2 but then I saw that theres Dark Souls DLC on the store

Oh god I've never been more conflicted
You should buy the Oblivion horse armour, it's the shit.

SA-X

New Red Wings arena approved!! Suck it bankruptcy!

Though a few minor hurdles remain
Awesome, good location too. Apparently none of the funds are coming from the city so we won't have to listen to people bitch about the rest of the town falling apart while they build a new hockey arena. I mean really people, whats more important, functioning city services or my ability to take a piss at intermission without having to wait 15 minutes to go in a trough with the rest of the drunks? Priorities people.

Acid08

Banned
Is it bad? I dunno portable Persona sounds decent :(
No cutscenes, no FES content, no world exploration. I hated it personally. Unless you really want to try the FeMC out then it's not worth it.

You're going to play on Vita right? Just get P2.

Samyy

No cutscenes, no FES content, no world exploration. I hated it personally. Unless you really want to try the FeMC out then it's not worth it.

You're going to play on Vita right? Just get P2.

Okay I guess - sucks to hear about P3:p, had high hopes but dat list looks pretty bad and I don't really care about FeMC.

Guess I'll save the rest and pray Dark Souls DLC goes on sale

Awesome, good location too. Apparently none of the funds are coming from the city so we won't have to listen to people bitch about the rest of the town falling apart while they build a new hockey arena. I mean really people, whats more important, functioning city services or my ability to take a piss at intermission without having to wait 15 minutes to go in a trough with the rest of the drunks? Priorities people.

At least Ilitch is one of maybe 3 people who are actually trying to develop the city, Ilitch for mayor!!

Edit: Also gaming side is pathetic, MS decides to do the self-publishing/dev kits and people still complain. I can care less that they are pulling 180's on this stuff, at least they are doing it and righting their own wrongs, but people have to complain I guess.
oh, Amir0x is in there, that explains a lot

Red_Man

Holy shit. Jordan Schroeder must have the worst fucking agent ever. He just re-signed for LESS than his QO.
It's based on the one condition that the Sedins dance for him at his bachelor party.

i8rlomy.gif

RC

Banned
I need an Adrian origin movie.

That was the first film you dolt.
Awkward pet store employee with a verbally abusive uncle falls for a semi-literate, more heart than brains boxer. I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it.

Socreges

Banned
More like he wanted to do everything he could to guarantee him a spot.

1 way NHL contract > 2way 60-70K AHL contract.
Yep. Which means we can't send him down if he struggles (without still paying), plus he'll probably play a whole lot as a result and earn much more in his second year than if the Canucks had paid a little more for more term.

At least it works well for the Canucks if Schroeder has a strong season. Then next year with the cap going up it won't hurt so much to pay these guys.

Top Bottom